It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mr. President: Texas Has Been Waiting for Two Weeks for Assistance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

I am well aquainted with Texas my step dad was from Texas and lived there while I was growing up. My daughter lives there now and my son-in law is from there. Thus being said I will stick to my original comment. I will be in San Antonio in Sept. Texans are stuck on themselves. They really aren't as important as they would like to be. Maybe someday they will join the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

I think if texas seceds, we are in big trouble, (here in texas) because the u.s. Would declare war for some "reason"... when they really want our oil. Lol, you know the drill.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I heard a rumor that Texas can secede at any time?

That is just that, a rumor. That is the kind of thing you will get from such members who applaud the idea of secession as in this thread

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature How do people on ATS feel about Texas suckling off the Federal teet?

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Wow.

About time.

The petition to secede was signed by over a million registered voters. Their website, in June 2009, had over 5 million hits.

Originally posted by snowspirit
They're taking their oil and leaving?
That would go a long ways in making them self sufficient....

Originally posted by xSe7eNx
This is probably the best thing states can start doing. They're not leaving the states of the union either they are simply reclaiming their sovereignty and trying to end any federal intrusion into they're government and hopefully economic system.

Most of Texas is farm land.

Most of the world's beef comes from Texas. That means we have milk as well.

Water . . . check.

Fruits and veggies . . . check. Cotton . . . check. Mineral and fossil resources . . . check.

That stuff sure sounds flammable.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
what would the feds do ???

crap their pants !!!

lol

if this does pass, then I will
seriously consider moving to Texas.
I do have extended family there already

best wishes Texas

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If Texas goes independent, I might just have to move there.

Social Security would be gone.

Medicare, Medicaid, and food stamps would be cut back by about half, which would hopefully force the state to clamp down on some people smooching off the government teet.

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
If Texas secedes, will they accept emigrants? I might have to relocate there.

Originally posted by macman
Good for Texas. Makes me wish I was born a Texan within this situation.

I hope more states start this process as well.

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Gotta love Texas, and any other state that follows!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Golf66
I think if this gains momentum it could be the beginning to real return to states rights in America.

The US Government has demonstrated in the past 10 years with Georgia and other breakaway republics and most recently with Egypt and the ME that the will of the people must be abided...

They will look really stupid and hypocritical on the world stage to all of the sudden say that we meant that as long as it wasn’t our tax base seceding...lol!

Yeah, that could be a problem.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Exactly, then Texas can decide who gets benefits, and if they want they can stop public education, or control who gets access. The illegals will run somewhere else if they cant get all the free stuff.

Well I hate to say it but sometimes you get the opportunity to really stand up for your beliefs and it seems Texas is getting that right now. It is a shame for all the people caught in the middle.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Lol, ahh! C'mon, I just want to feel important
and I was basicly agreeing with you. I can admit it.
The alamo comment was not aimed at you, sorry. Im really dis like san anto, but im stuck here for now. I do hope you have a safe trip, aug? We should be nice and crispy by then!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If my memory serves me correctly but didn't Perry say that Texas was going to secede from the nation? Well, here is the response. Let this serve as a warning to any state that threatens cessation.
edit on 1-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think obama nuts have gotten to big. He now plans to visit el paso and austin, the reason is not clear yet. Just announced on ksat 12 news, san antonio. I couldnt find a link from my cell.

But really? Deny us, then come for a visit?

Move around obama, we dont want you here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Really? Say you want to secede and then come begging for more help than the other states are getting because you really really think you need help? The hypocrisy is even bigger in Texas.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Lol, I dont think we need it more or less than any other state. I dont however, think it is the people whos houses/land burned up, fault that rick was talking out the side of his neck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join