It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the over 50's from Voting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

In my opinion everyone under 25 should be banned fro voting because they have not had enough life experience to make intellegent decisions.
Anyone not paying taxes should also be banned.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Good call!
You are 100% correct, this belongs in the rant section!
This thread might even be a good argument for starting a new forum here called "The Troll" Forum!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't care about what age people are when they vote. What annoys me is when people don't use their own brain and vote with 'family tradition' in mind.
ie. My Daddy voted 'blank' so I'm going to vote 'blank'!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Youth is truly wasted on the young. Have you not heard that with age comes great wisdom? Think back to all the lore and legands you have heard about councils and what not. Who is at the head of all these councils usually it is aN older wiser more expereinced person. i THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE AT FIRST.

It must be full moon friday on ATS

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Speaking as someone in their late twenties, I've noticed something in particular...within American politics. I've noticed that people in their 50s-60s tend to shun someone like Ron Paul, but at the same time they can openly say that Sarah Palin would make the best President out of all candidates.

This is a big WTF for me...

Why wouldn't you think younger generations have a less than admirable view when this is a common aspect among you.......elderly folks =)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Excuse me! I am over 50 and am not a technological dork. Some people should THINK before they talk/write. That is just plain insulting. Don't forget us "OLD" people have years of wisdom from life experiences and have seen this world change from what it was to what it is!!!! Your wisdom does not seem like you are dry behind the ears as of yet with a silly statement like that! Shame on you!

xoxo Suz

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
ban the over 50s voters are you kidding me ! Everyone has the right to vote this thread is just plain silly and angers me a bit..Im done before i get into a rant..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Took this directly from your profile page

Birthday:
November 13, 1968

Typo?
edit on 29-4-2011 by snowspirit because: just because

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think You have been watching too much "Wild in the Streets."

So, by your assessment, people over 50 should be banned from voting, regardless of their political affiliation or thoughts. What about younger people? Should older people ban them from voting because the are young green, liberal, who know not how things work?

Should we ban those who simply disagree with us?

Should be ban blacks because they are largely democrat?

Should be ban young republicans?

Should we ban aged liberals over 50, too, or should we only allow those with whom we agree to vote??

To say that those over 50 are "old fogies" who should resign themselves to a younger liberal generation is just ignorant, biased thinking.

Let's put them all in camps, (a la Wild in the Streets).

BTW: I am a liberal. I like the daily show. I am slightly over 30. I think Sara Palin is stupid. I think most republicans are, well, things i can't say on ATS. But the great thing about our country is that we ALL have a voice regardless of the absurdity of what we believe. We all have a chance. And THAT is what makes us great, and why we should not ban or censor those things with which we disagree.

But i find your post and thinking to be quite ignorant and overlooking the larger issues with which we are dealing and with which we must deal.

ETA: And frankly, it sounds quite fascist, and not democratic.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

I Strongly and Respectfully disagree with the entire premise of the op.

When I was a teen I thought I knew it all.
When I was in my early twenties, I thought I knew it all.
Now in my late twenties, I've realized time and experience translates into understanding and wisdom.
Everything without wisdom and time is merely knowledge.

Regarding senior citizens being bad drivers.....
I blame that ENTIRELY on their children and the younger generation!!!
Our elders did not make us, as infants, drive to the store for food, they helped us in our early years of helplessness.
The younger generations and the children of these "old bad drivers" dishonor them in their older years of helplessness.

How better off would you be as a one month old without the help of those of proper age to help?
Respect your elders!

link   
reply to post by laiguana

I think your generalizing a little too much there are older people who like Ron paul. Your Just thinjking about the set in thier ways type republican's which the same thing canbe siad baout the old set in their ways democrats that are out there. I have personally talked with older people who love Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

A very good point was made: who votes more than any other group? Old people, specifically SCARED old people. The political system has now boiled down to who can scare the most old people to their side. This is so true !

I think anyone over 50 just needs to step back and let the people who have a firm grasp of technology and how the world works do the thinking and voting. The over 50's should stick to gardening, and while we are at it we should make them sit an annual driving test, that could save thousands of lives. Why we let these out of touch grumpy old farts decide who runs the country is beyond me.

I'll bet you not one of the rabid idiots who brayed for years that Obama was really African was under 35. I'm guessing nobody under 35 thinks Sarah Palin is 'amazing' either.

We love you, old ones. Just leave the driving and voting to us eh?

The thing you forget about old folks is ........ they have the infuriating knack of being able to spot a patronising wind up merchant a mile off.
When your in company have you ever wondered why there are long tumbled weed silences just as you finish espousing your latest opinion that you have eagerly culled from a passing network. Nah ! Perhaps not.
It never fails to mildly amuse us, albeit on a very basic level. It does worry me that you got the vote though. Big mistake old folks, big mistake.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
It doesn't surprise me one little bit that the far left would like to restrict voting to those under 35.

They allready have created a stranglehold on all of the major institutions - but most especially education.
The whole of which has been sytematically structured to make progressive ideas seem the norm.

I know! - I was the same until my midthirties - a default liberal,

It takes a lot of life experience, a lot of reading from original sources - to know for sure that liberals are mostly idiots and nothing they do ever works.

And that is why voting ought to be restricted to those over 50!

And some of Us 50+ year olds believe that as long as we're divided - liberal v. conservative, religion F against religion Y, Americans v. (fill in the blank), country F against country y, smokers and non-smokers (of anything), sexual preference F and sexual preference Y (within the three Laws), or any other dividing force, Humanity may be lost.

Until We act as One, undivided on this planet, We are controlled slaves.

I offer Ideas that, if spread widely, I believe can save Us and end poverty.

I invite the reader to my threads, The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform, linked in my sig. If You see merit in what I offer, please pass it on as widely as You might.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Your comments towards post 50 voters sound mighty strange coming from someone who is over 40 if the age in your profile (November 13, 1968) is correct? Better watch out, those grey panthers will be coming to grab you soon.....

edit on 4/29/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I see society has grown up just a little. Back in my day it was "never trust anybody over the age of 30." What goes around comes around.

PS. How about banning people who don't pay taxes from voting. I could still vote. Can you, other than local, state, and federal taxes you might pay on a bottle of Mogan David 20/20?
edit on 29-4-2011 by Nite_wing because: Just a small PS

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

I recently read an article about how CNN distorts poll results to suit certain political agendas. Using this method they can mislead viewers and make backward political standpoints look popular and legitamate. They do this by excluding any results by people under 35. As seen in this example here :

dawgfarts.com...

Last night on the Daily Show with John Stewart which is one of my favourite shows, they were making fun of the fact Trump and all the birth brigade all look like the fools they are about now due to the long form cert. being released. A very good point was made: who votes more than any other group? Old people, specifically SCARED old people. The political system has now boiled down to who can scare the most old people to their side. This is so true !

I think anyone over 50 just needs to step back and let the people who have a firm grasp of technology and how the world works do the thinking and voting. The over 50's should stick to gardening, and while we are at it we should make them sit an annual driving test, that could save thousands of lives. Why we let these out of touch grumpy old farts decide who runs the country is beyond me.

I'll bet you not one of the rabid idiots who brayed for years that Obama was really African was under 35. I'm guessing nobody under 35 thinks Sarah Palin is 'amazing' either.

We love you, old ones. Just leave the driving and voting to us eh?

This looks like proof that the voting age should be RAISED to 50. Unfortunately, not even time will fix stupidity.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Excuse me,?!, I have an aunt that is on line every day and she is almost ninety,

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow everyone is really stirred up over this.

Sorry to be the one to break this to all of you, but NO ONE'S VOTES COUNT ANYMORE.

The whole process is a sham, and the ballots are only so much toilet paper.

If you want your country, you're going to have to direct all this pent up anger and DO something besides gripe.

Ballots or bullets, people, ballots or bullets.

edit on 29-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

No problem with this, just send all under 25's to Iraq.

Seconded.

Change brands, man... try O'douls...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I totally agree! We need to go back to the voting methods of our founding fathers in this great land.

www.history.org...

No women should be able to vote. No coloreds, only white men land owners. Everything has gone down hill since we strayed away from what our founding fathers wanted.

edit on 29-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join