It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the over 50's from Voting

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Let me guess, you're under 50.

I aveage 2-3 books a week and not comic books or romance novels.

Don't own a Xbox, very rarely watch TV and would pit my education to yours anyday.

Your post title is insulting, hateful and discriminatory.

Change the over 50 to "blacks", "hispanics" or any other politically incorrect term and you would be blasted.

Also, as I near my 60th decade of life, I have seen more of and remember more than you can imagine.

Print out your post and when you turn 60 take it out and re-read it and compare your knowledge and wisdom to your immature and unperceptive current post.

I also believe what you posted is prejudice.

Much of what I learned early on was because I took the time to sit down with my elders and talked of many things that they had experienced.

Knowledge is akin to a old man holding a youngster upon his shoulders and building upon that knowledge.

When I was 20-35 I thought "I knew it all', everything was black and white.

Now that I am nearing 60 I realize I don't know it all and there is no black and white, only shades of gray.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

and...ain't none of you younger people getting assistance for your housing, or food, or healthcare, heck, you all are paying your child support payments, taking responsibility for yourselves and your kids?? never got a gov't grant for college, or starting a business................
I would venture to guess that the little 80 year old lady who works with me works harder, is less confused, and has paid more in taxes this year than many of you younger folks!!! and no, she doesn't drive, she comes in with her daughter, or if all else fails, her grand daughter, who all work there....
no, the over 50's ain't the problem, we've been the solution for all these decades, we've been paying our taxes, as well as putting into that social security fund, that has been continually been raided to pay for new schools, new soccor fields, new malls, new drugs, new wars, new everything!!!!

I get ero assistance for housing, food, or healthcare. Im responsible and do not have a child. Never used a government grant for college, I will assure you an 80 year old lady does not work harder than me. Infact, due to my intellectual know how, and the fact i work with technology(it) just about proves Im more productful. Actually I probly pay more than her in taxes considering im a single white male. You have to remember, Im not getting any assistance, at all, while this lady is. so not only do i pay more in taxes, I also get less back (entitlement programs). And we already know SS and medicaid are bankrupting our country. Also, SS was NEVER designed to be a retirement fund. People should know this. If you plan on living off SS for the rest of your life, then deal with the consequences. Your not going to Levy my future, for your present.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Teeky

I agree to what you are saying to a certain extent. I think people over 50 need to start letting younger people take control of society more. The older generations are holding on for dear life to power and I think it's sinking the economy, society, etc...
Old people are cool but the youth are the future, and when I'm 50 I hope to still think progressive, and not be so afraid.

Are you joking??

Your future, as a young person in the US is as a slave in a third world nation. That is your future.

Unless We spread Ideas to change that. As I said... Two threads linked in my sig...

link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I have no problem with your "retirement package" as long as the public wasn't the one footing the bill for it.

link   
reply to post by dawnstar

lets not forget, it was the old and retarded people who gave Bush the push in the polls, and believe the wars in the middle east were/are good thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People over 50 remember a time before TV and the internet.

Why hate someone that knows about the time before true mind control was normal?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
9 flags and no wonder old people are still running the show poorly. Younger generations won't stand up and tell the older generations to go home "we got this"!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Go retire please!

We would LOVE to. Unfortunately the younger generation doesn't have the intelligence, experience or drive to take up the slack yet. You might as you age though.
It's our gift to you. You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree to what you are saying to a certain extent. I think people over 50 need to start letting younger people take control of society more. The older generations are holding on for dear life to power and I think it's sinking the economy, society, etc...
Old people are cool but the youth are the future, and when I'm 50 I hope to still think progressive, and not be so afraid.

Are you joking??

Your future, as a young person in the US is as a slave in a third world nation. That is your future.
edit on 30-4-2011 by romanmel because: typo

Young people are becoming slaves because old people like most in congress and corporations are selling everything off and being greedy. People over 50 only care about preserving the little fantasy world that was sold to them by the illuminati back in the day. Go retire please!

I'm ALREADY retired, lad.

Livin' off the fat 'o the land and your "donations" to the Social Security fund each payday....Thanks so much!

Now go back to watchin "Dancing with the Stars" and slip back into your normal mediocrity...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The older generations don't trust their own judgement. They raised us, so be confident that younger generations are capable of leading us into a more futuristic future.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Dude what is Logans run? When I turn 50 I will be old and I can accept that. Too bad most can't. Most people over 50 are afraid still trying to run the show with an iron fist. We still use oil to power cars and all because old people who run the show won't let go.

Logan's Run was a SciFi book by George Clayton Johnson and was made into a movie - where they killed off everyone at age 30 with a suggestion that they might "renew" (be born again).

Very dystopic.

EDIT to add: It is NOT the people over 50 that are the issue. It's the Bloodlines - of ANY age. The "NWO," the people in control of the money. Don't think it is Humans of any specific age. It is not.
edit on 4/30/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Moron.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
50? Come on now... I know plenty of 50 year olds sporting smarphones and playing multiplayer online games. They are as aware of politics as anyone that cares to actually study it. It doesn't matter the age, if you just go along with the hype, like most do, your vote is just as useless as anyones. You should be promoting people actually do some real research and start figuring out whats wrong with the world instead of running up their credit lines and having to work their life away oblivious to whats really going on in the world.

Now if you said anyone over 70 should not be allowed to drive unless they pass a driving test I may have went for that.

edit on 30-4-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Are you joking??

edit on 30-4-2011 by romanmel because: typo

Young people are becoming slaves because old people like most in congress and corporations are selling everything off and being greedy. People over 50 only care about preserving the little fantasy world that was sold to them by the illuminati back in the day. Go retire please!

I'm ALREADY retired, lad.

Livin' off the fat 'o the land and your "donations" to the Social Security fund each payday....Thanks so much!

Now go back to watchin "Dancing with the Stars" and slip back into your normal mediocrity...

I'm a las and not a lad and 2nd only Old people watch Dancing with the stars!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

and, I didn't say the little lady worked harder than all the younger ones, I said many!!
and I stand by that statement!!
I've seen many young people come and go out of that shop, and well......seen them work hard....avoiding the work!!!

and no, it hasn't been social security and medicaid that has bankrupted the country!! Considering the system has just started failing to pull in more than it put out recently, I would venture to guess that either that bankruptcy would have occurred decades ago, or you kids would have been raised in a really, really, different world.....a not so prosperous world!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Mark Twain once said that when he left home at the age of 16, his father was the dumbest man alive. When he returned home at the age of 21, he was surprized at how much his father had learned.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The older generations don't trust their own judgement.

I don't know where you got that from. It's false.

...so be confident that younger generations are capable of leading us into a more futuristic future.

Really? We went from 2-3 TV channels, crap reception at that, to cable and the internet. Dial phones, sometimes with "party lines" to cell phones. Don't even get me started on human rights.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Don't be too quick to discard all us oldies. Many like myself are far more progressive and aware than our younger counterparts. Enough so, I am sitting here with some oldies and younguns in a coffee shop and don't enter into the group, but stay to myself. Believe me, there are few detectable differences here, most are asleep and there is a 50/50 split. Some of my most enlightened friends range from 16 to 80, I cannot differentiate and neither should you. I am 72 by the way and you would be surprised at how this old mind works.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Don't forget the over 50s invented the current technology used by the morons here on this thread.

The over 50s also know the real score on governments. Remember Vietnam? Gulf of Tonkin Resolution?
Nixon/Watergate? Reagan/Iran Contra? Bush/Iraq, etc., etc., etc.

Only the most narcissistic, self-centered, short-sighted person with a 12 year old mentality would even consider this proposal to be anything but a joke--which is what ATS is becoming. I'm sure the owners and moderators let this thread in for the sheer enjoyment of some cynical humor. How could the owners, who obviously are over 50 take this thread any other way? Amazing!

edit on 30-4-2011 by GWYNPLAINE because: grammer

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Also, as I near my 60th decade of life, I have seen more of and remember more than you can imagine.
In 60 decades?
Yeah, I guess you would have seen more of life than any of us. However, unless you are a vampire(are you?) I doubt that this is a true statement.

Age and intellect have little to nothing to do with how people vote. Their values matter much more. Are you a moocher or a producer? Moochers should not vote.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join