It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Although I couldn't care less about this thing

My sentiments exactly.
Although i rarely watch TV, and rely on sites such as this for my actual world news, i definitely won't be switching my TV on today ... Absolutely couldnt care less about these people... Princess Diana is the only one who, in time, I actually gained any sort of respect for (more so, after she was dead, unfortunately) ... who seemed intent on making a 'real' difference where it mattered .. not for image or publicity, but for the right reasons, and because she was in a position to do so ...
I could go as far as to say i have a love for her ... genuine angel .. but they took her away from us (my opinion) ... and apparently, death wasnt enough, they brought someone in to perform a ritual while she was still alive in the tunnel, to capture her soul and stop it going to heaven or where it otherwise would have went (Davis Ickes opinion)

I do hope all goes well for the couple .. assuming their relationship is based on personal preference and love, as opposed to the apparent engineered relationship of charlie boy and Diana ... but am always sickened by the absolute hype that the masses are fed, and drool over, while, as other posters mention, there are real world changing events happening that i feel are far more important ...

You may think i am being over passionate about this ... but when you live in the UK, and get bombarded with news from all angles when a member of royal family so much as sneezes in public ... and it gets prioritised over actual news of peoples life changing events .. its hard not to get disgusted ... which is a perfect example of why i dont often switch my TV on i guess ...

I'm not sure if its the masses that sicken me for craving it so much .. or the media, for bombarding us with it .. cause and effect ... not sure which is which ..

Off topic slightly ... Soo wish they had a happy news channel .. i believe they tried this in america before and it wasnt popular .. because it wasn't what the people wanted .. but i would gladly have it on in the background ...

Rant over ....
Good day all ..

PS - I look forward to seeing what royal wedding conspiracies are creatively put forward by our imaginative, sharp eyed friends here on ATS (and David Icke, who most likely also frequents this site .. Hi David )

edit on 29/4/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: To say hi to David

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
I hope the couple have a nice life but the amount of media hype over this event was torturous. We couldn't go five minutes without hearing about it.

Actually it was less than I expected. Frankly I am enjoying the spectacle. That doesn't compromise for one second my feelings about what is going on in this world. I feel sorry for those who are angry and depressed 24/7.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I will admit to being a massive hypocrite as i had protested that I wouldnt be watching it, yet here I am in bed watching it, it just makes me realise how out of touch I have become with modern Britain.
edit on 29-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

The matter of anyone truly caring about the wedding or not is irrelevant too the fact that a lot of people are happy today.That is something we all can feel good about depressed or not.In current times for an event to draw this many people and not be about war is increasingly rare in my opinion.To me it's not a wedding but a rare unification of humans.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by starchild10

The matter of anyone truly caring about the wedding or not is irrelevant too the fact that a lot of people are happy today.That is something we all can feel good about depressed or not.In current times for an event to draw this many people and not be about war is increasingly rare in my opinion.To me it's not a wedding but a rare unification of humans.

Agree 100%

I am a Rebublican yet do wonder if a President or some other figurehead would unite a nation like the Royals do at times like this.

It is a feel good factor to see so many hundreds of thousands of people celebrating.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well, it's 4:50am central time here and all the local channels are patched national networks to London. I have it recorded and am trying really hard not to watch any of it until I get home from work. I wish I had the day off

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I wasn't going to watch it but have got it on. nice to see so many happy people lining the streets. Also Kate Middleton has one fit sister!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Im watching on sky news now and i swear i saw the shape of a huge upside down cross because the camera came down from the ceiling looking toward the floor. ANTICHRIST

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is a lot of fear of god etc in it isn't there

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreSpinkters
I look forward to seeing what royal wedding conspiracies are creatively put forward by our imaginative, sharp eyed friends here on ATS

Originally posted by Seabas1123
i swear i saw the shape of a huge upside down cross because the camera came down from the ceiling looking toward the floor. ANTICHRIST

Didnt take long at all ... tho i bet we can expect something a bit more detailed, and researched than a rant about antichrist based on a vague brief camera shot ... unless ya captured a pic or can provide a link yadda yadda etc etc

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I love this piece about the Wedding symbolism from a pagan perspective.

www.patheos.com...

Think it is awesome to they used Lily of the Valley, and of course...the timing.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
There's TREES in the church.
As a pagan, I am just LOVIN that.

Beautiful prayer. Awesome.
What a voice he has! WHat is he? A priest? Not sure of the heirarchy/titles there, but I do love his voice.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Its always nice to see a little bit of history in action - even if it is a bit cheesy and old school.

I realise this isn't everyones cup of tea. Fair enough. But what you are seeing there is centuries of tradition. Right or wrong, its kinda strange seeing what is, essentially, a ceremony dating back hundreds of years being carried out in the 21st Century - its the British establishment in full swing, and you don't see this stuff anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

very true

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My heart jumped when I saw trees in the church.

Selena Fox posted this story:
www.gardenvisit.com...

They were handfasted too, really cool stuff.
edit on 29-4-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I thought this was bad. not sure if its been posted yet. And old guy getting arrested because he had planned some street theatre.

pensioner been arrested

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

He's a Bishop - not a Priest, that's the Catholic Religion - The ceremony is the High Church Of England.

The Abbey is fantastic and oozing with History and this is what makes the Royals interesting - The History and Dinastry you just can't replace it.

Congratulations Wills and Catherine - Diana's Spirit will have been watching over them.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
There is a lot of fear of god etc in it isn't there

The Christian religion ? .. Yeah .. I'd say so

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Was good to see nothing bad happen and the procession ran perfectly well. My gf dragged me to her place tonight to watch it. I say it is a good change from the usual doom and gloom.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Was HAARP used to make their exiting the church sunny?

They said it was going to rain then as soon as they stepped out, it was sunny the rest of the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join