It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

Well, wouldn't that be a royal pain in the arse?

edit on 28-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Rockpuck

Dude, like I said, if you like them so much, invite them to your country.

I have nothing to say to you on the matter - I have already said my piece, and I'm not going to debate it, because you have no dog in this fight, unless YOU want US royalty.

So go right ahead, and send the invite that you rescinded over 200 years ago.

i'm detecting a lot of hatred ..chill brother ..the world s problems are not yours to carry ...if you want to do some good in the world try doing some voluntarily work with the homeless or with kids..you'll find that a lot more rewarding than finding a royal to bash..ask prince William

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As i like to say "Meanwhile in Africa...."

Really,people getting killed by their own government,refusing to step down and the main event is....Royal Wedding.
Qatar,Syria,Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Bahrein and some others are in extreme turnmoil, a revolution of sorts,disposing of old monarchic and eternal leaders and all thats being talked about is ROYAL WEDDING.

I can't imagine the stupidity when the Queen dies,wich could happen anytime since she is pretty old.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I do voluntary work all the time - I can even spell it.

So please, don't try and preach to me - I do my bit, and even if I didn't, I would be quite entitled to speak my mind, and give my opinion.

And yes, for a while I was a volunteer with the prince of wales trust - so spare me your platitudes, ad try tackling issues insetad of sitting in a corner going "hey man, yeah, like, yeah" cos I've been there and done it as far as volunteering goes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

I do voluntary work all the time - I can even spell it.
lol dude you have problems ..i feel for, you i really do ..any ways i'm off to get some sleep ..need to be up early to join in the celebrations night all

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

lol, this from a man who can't quote properly.

Enjoy your sleep, and enjoy looking ahead at the wedding with your exploited drip dry eyes, that they have taken the tears out of for their own profit.

edit on 28/4/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
stop complaining, just enjoy the day, we get a public holiday for it. But of course it's never good enough.

Get a grip of history.

Would you have stood by while cromwell was locked out of parliament?

It seems so, just in the name of resistance to change.

Well, change is coming, again.

The british people care very little for someone who thinks they are better because of a simple accident of birth.

You bow down to the "royals" if you want, or validate them by NOT protesting, while people are starving and homeless.

I never will - it's a waste of money, a waste of resources, and a waste of passion.

So I guess you are working tomorrow and for the love of all the homeless and starving people you gave back your extra holiday, right? Very noble of you....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

On the news yesterday they were interviewing people who were camped out along the parade route days in advance, the sheer stupidity is mind boggling. How empty and meaningless does your life have to be for this to top your list of priorities?
I hope it rains and a pigeon #s on the bride's hair.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

The title of the thread should be "You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine. -- Your opinions are not welcomed if they disagree with me"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Totally agree OP.

I would point to a study sociologists did a few decades back.

They took a few groups of monkeys, studied them for a while, then gave them a choice between their favorite food or a picture of the dominant monkey... and every time they chose the picture.

So if you love the royal wedding or celebrities, you're not much more evolved than monkeys.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

How is that any different than a "elected" official?

Because we can "change" them?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

How is that any different than a "elected" official?

Because we can "change" them?

Indeed, it's not much different. Most people vote for someone because he's ``handsome``, ``well spoken`` or ``I'd like to have a beer with him``... they don't actually vote on policies or integrity...

Otherwise a lot of politicians wouldn't have been elected and reelected.... Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Bush, ect...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Exactly.. so what I am saying (I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion) is that a Monarchy and "Democracy" are hardly different. I'd say a Democracy is worse off because instead of a rich old man sitting on a pouf dictating what he sees best, we have rich old men sitting in ceo board rooms dictating what's best for their bottom line. Our politicians are prostitutes and the corporations their pimps. Our "choice" is limited to what the parties offer us, and the parties offered to us are dictated by the financiers.

That doesn't even go into the fact that the majority of people don't care, are ignorant of politics and economics and prefer an off-hands approach as long as they get their daily luxuries.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I really don't care what is happening on the other side of the world when my world is rubbish. I'll watch the event but that doesn't get me out of my problems at home. While they are happy, I'm still pissed. Bah!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Words I am beginning to despise for their implications:

servant
lord
subjects
royalty
master
King?

There's some good in the term. You can hang a king. Much harder to sever the head of some slippery elected official who determined that he was simply reflecting the views of the people when he tosses you in jail for cannabis.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Tiocfaidh ár lá

Our day will come... again

edit on 29-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

And yet ANOTHER thread by someone saying, in effect: Notice ME ---- Notice MEEEEEE !

OP --- no one CARES how you feel about the Royal Wedding !

Why don't you GET it ?

It is not about you !

None of it is about YOU !

Which you fully appreciate -- obviously

and which is the reason you've begun yet ANOTHER thread about the Royal Wedding

. WHICH YOU ARE USING TO ATTRACT ATTENTION TO YOURSELF !

The wedding is bigger than the narcissists - whether they be individuals or collectively

And they're just going to have to get over that

It's NOT about you

It's the Royal Wedding

Watched by billions

Enjoyed by billions

and you're just going to have to live with that

Shouldn't be too hard for you

After all -- who were you yesterday ?

Who are you today ?

What will you be tomorrow ?

and apart from you --- who cares ?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You guys do understand the cycle of money, right?

The money is not going to "disappear" into the pockets of whoever they paid. It will be placed in the hands of other people who may or may not contribute to the so called "World that is falling apart" foundation.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Speaking as a Republican (i.e. support the abolition of the monarchy, not the dumb US political party) i say this:

I do not care.

Money is wasted in so many offensive ways that to get caught up on one is pointless and only makes you miserable.

I want to see the end of the monarchy and that will happen at some point. However, for now, this country does these things well and its rare we have a day where an event brings us together even in some small way.

Get over it, relax and just see how it all unfolds. Like it or not, you are watching a moment of history.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Brits are so self indulged it's hilarious.. a Brit can talk about anything they want, to anyone they want.. but talk about their own backyard and the conversations off. Pathetic.

You're right though.. I don't have a Monarchy.. my tax dollars support banks, Haliburton, Boeing, GE, GM, FM/FM, and thousands of other international militaristic corporations.

But at least we don't have a corrupt evil old lady out to steal our tax dollars!

Vitriol aside, I have recently been considering the relative value of the constitutional monarchy, and although not necessarily instituted for such altruistic purposes, the long term benefits as we enter into the current 'age', do seem to be paying off. I am not sure if they, who first espoused constitutional monarchism, could have foreseen the particular social and economic strictures that we are about to face, but the system that they, and successive governments have built upon, does seem singularly well placed to 'survive'. Despite massive overpopulation. I am, in principle, opposed to 'rule', however, by necessity, I am resigned to it on the understanding that it provides an underlying fairness that can be, if all are given free access to the same resources and equal instruction of their use, applied to all. In fact, the monarch themselves is the only one in Britain that has the least choice in this arrangement, hence the ivory prisons they are confined to. The monarchy serves as a buffer between the City and the 'people' thus preventing over-exploitation of the resources of the physical nation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join