It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Buys "Made in China"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Niceguybob

I understand that many now see the 'folly' of globalisation now and your example of Chinese VS American furniture is a good one............ but do you know the only way to solve this if Price is the only distinguishing factor....??

Reduce the COST of production in America...... How????? You know how........... what is usually the largest cost in any business........ there's your answer....painful but true........!

We have reached a saturation point where our expectations and standards cannot be met ......... people have to expect and get used to having less and growth cannot continue for ever..

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
IF you make everything in the U.S. and add the cost, the consumer won't buy the U.S. made product sitting side by side on the same aisle,based on cost, as opposed to the cost of the same product Made In China.
YOU won't do it.
American consumers buy on PRICE..not where the heck it was made.

I disagree with you. I will buy American 9 times out of 10, regardless of price. One reason, when something is made in America it is better quality than its Chinese counterpart. So you can buy an item once at higher prices, or buy Chinese at lower prices, and have to buy it several times as each one breaks.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
I dont disagree. I mean the conference he held the other day saying he was so proud that it was because of him that Obama issued his BC...what a load of crap.

I would not be surprised if he authors a book, talking about the birther issue, and his thoughts on running the country.

I haven't seen the media regarding Mr Trump and his 'debates' but it all sounds to me like a media manipulation of the 'simple' public........ sound bites against the current President are EASY to do and the 'simple' public laps it up because they are happy on their Fecking i-phone 4's playing angry birds or buying more useless crap they don't need AS OPPOSED to educating themselves and learning about the big wide world around them.....

Trump is making more 'Celebrity' Hay whilst the sun shines..... it's pathetic really

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Actually, I don't find him overly clever...he appears intelligent because he can filter his questions and have scripted screenshots editing to make him appear clever

He also interrupts a lot and doesn't answer the questions put to him. He sounds like a.... politician!

(sorry, so what do you mean by his grades didn't get him qualified to goto harvard? are you saying its affirmative action? you saying anyone whom got a leg up through that = dumbass african?)

That's what he "heard". He said that several times in one interview. "I heard Obama wasn't a very good student" and "I heard he was a loner at Columbia" or something like that. He says, "I heard" as a way of starting a rumor. Jesus, We did that in the third grade.

This is not a smart man. He is arrogant, overbearing, egotistical and clueless, but he is NOT a smart man.

He won't run though...its -just- for ego and ratings. he will plug his show at every stump, and is laughing all the way to the bank on the pennys of dumb hicks.

I agree. He won't run. Too many skeletons... But I'd sure like to find out what they are.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I will buy American 9 times out of 10, regardless of price. .

Same here. And if it says Made in China, I will not buy it!
We put our money where our mouths are. We support local businesses and local farmers. Because I BELIEVE in what I'm saying. Not just paying lip service to it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
IF you make everything in the U.S. and add the cost, the consumer won't buy the U.S. made product sitting side by side on the same aisle,based on cost, as opposed to the cost of the same product Made In China.
YOU won't do it.
American consumers buy on PRICE..not where the heck it was made.

I disagree with you. I will buy American 9 times out of 10, regardless of price. One reason, when something is made in America it is better quality than its Chinese counterpart. So you can buy an item once at higher prices, or buy Chinese at lower prices, and have to buy it several times as each one breaks.

Mythos

Sorry to appear like I am picking a fight.......I am not trying to........

Your comment about buying American over Chinese becuase of quality does NOT ring true with me..........

Being involved with Gastroenterology and Metal stenting I have to say that there is a definate switch away from the American Supplier (Boston Scientific) towards two Chinese Stent manufacturers because of an increase Range, design and bespoke service........

The American suppliers offer what appears to be a large, all emcompassing range BUT it is a core of the most used and they actually have a limited range because holding a wider stock is NOT cost effective....... On the other hand the Chinese equivalents have DOUBLE the range and choice for LESS money WITHOUT compromising on quality..........

If I was a Patient being operated on by my peers then I would choose a Chinese Stent for myself.........sorry....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

But your just siting one product... I am saying generally, in America... i find that better quality comes from American made things, as opposed to Chinese.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And also, i do not regard this as you picking a fight. everyone has their own opinion, and you say yours, i say mine...no fight....good debate.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I just finished a manufacturing project and did a cost analysis for Made In America and China.

The Chinese prices came in much lower.

We chose American Manufacturers. I'm glad we did. We also found out throught he grapevive someone is already trying to knock off our product in China.

Good thing the Comapny has very good patents.

Retail on the Product will be higher then it could have been.

But we put our money and Americans to work. And I'm proud of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You get a Star from me!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

This whole subject about buying American or British or French etc etc but not Chinese or Korean is actually very dangerous because it starts a Nationalistic theme, trade wars ensue and then things get out of hand...... look at what happen ed in the 1930's !!!!

The true way of going some way to solving the world's ill's is too minimise the Fortunes that some have compiled by manipulation of markets and there populations........... human nature is far too focussed on GREED, SELF, MONEY, CONSUMERISM.............. we need to be more Philanthropic and WILLING to share and help others and NOT be in a race to our first 10 or 100 MIllion dollars........

Whilst that attitude prevails then we will get NOWHERE as a society....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Niceguybob

I am pleased for you that you made an informed and obviously intelligent decision with your product line.......... Having also dealt with Chinese suppliers in my time then I have to agree with your comment about them looking to copy and ''re-produce'' products......... it is in their mentality and blood !!!!

My point is not so much critisizing but more to do with society.............you say you could put a 'higher' retail price on your item.............why ?? Why do you need to make AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE...
Can you not make enough and ASSIST your fellow Americans that way ?

I am being a little devils advocate here but do you see where I am coming from ?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I can see where your coming from. But I buy American made products, not because it says American on it, but because i want to do my part to help my country's economic problems. I want to help the farmer who tolls in his fields, and to show that i apprciate all the hard work he does, i buy his products.

I believe in my country, and i have pride in my country, and if my buying something that is American made, helps put food on other americans plates, i will do it. Its as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Americans have a free election? That is the biggest fraud of all time. Why do you think most people don't bother to vote in the first place. Its all a shell game in which the prize isn't under any of the shells. The entire game is a rip off.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Let's hope so. I can see him winning after all we had George W Bush.

This is what gives me the willies.
I NEVER thought George Bush could win! I remember laughing about the thought. And then he did!

Is this country stupid enough to elect Donald Trump as our president? Really?

They were stupid enough to elect Obama the community organizer because of his hope and change BS message. What has he changed other than send our economy into a sinkhole and tick off every ally we have?? Anybody would be an improvement on the great orator that's for sure. He can golf on his own time and do oprah and have his weekly shindigs at his own house not ours.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I admire your sentiment and actions Mythos.......... and in reality I do the same over in the UK when ever I can.......sad fact is though that those opportunities to buy British are actually few and far between..

BUT most people seem oblivious or unaware or even just too plain stupid to care and it is a combination of those behaviours that have led us to where we are today......

We in the West, have enjoyed an enormous increase in our standard of living. We have pretty much what we want , when we want it and alot of people DO NOT realise how much of a fragile world / society we currently live in...............it's probably Ostrich like behaviour......

The rest of the world is now trying to 'catch up' to our standards and to compete we have to actually go backwards in our standards if we are ever to truly compete on the simple everyday consumable items that most take forgranted....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I agree. today's society is all about instant gratification. Not just the people but the governments too.

I grew up in Valdez, Alaska. We had about 3k people in town, nearest big city is 306 miles away. No walmart...No shopping malls. If we wanted something, you saved up, and you waited until you could make the trip to Anchorage.

Now down South, there is a Walmart every ten miles...it just feeds the instant gratification. People want what they want and they want it 10 minutes ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob Business is business.

And HERE is the root of the problem. Business is business. Nothing matters but the buck. Anything it takes, anyone you have to screw, anyplace you have to ruin, it doesn't matter. It's just business. Then go home to your wife and kids and feel oh so good and righteous about selling their future down the road.

Can't let little things like morality, ethics, honesty or fair play enter into the equation. Indeed, in the world of 'business' only losers even consider these. You get what you earn. When someone screws the 'business' person to make a buck I better not hear any complaints. Oh wait, I do every day.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm right there with you!
Great post!

Originally posted by redrose123
Why do you think most people don't bother to vote in the first place.

Because they're lazy?
Because they don't think it will matter?
Because they're too apathetic to get involved?
Because they don't take the time to be educated about the government so they don't know who to vote for?
I don't know. But they are making a huge mistake, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH,
there is another reason for a not voting. If i do not believe in any of the people running, i will not vote. I would rather be heard for my silence then vote for someone i do not believe in.

yes we have the right to vote, but we also have the right not to vote.

I did not vote in the last Election for potus. I didnt believe in either candidate, and i refuse to settle.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join