It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Buys "Made in China"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

I get that. Thanks for the explanation. I did leave that choice out, but not intentionally.

For many years, we've been voting for the lesser of the two evils. It's a sorry and sad situation, but it's what we've gotten ourselves into. I respect your right not to vote, certainly, but I still think it's a mistake. Your choice, however.

I don't like voting "against" someone. I'd much rather vote FOR someone. But Trump would be one to vote AGAINST, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"The Trumpster" would be a perfect choice for President.
American politics has become a parody of itself just like "The Donald" is of himself.

He's handsome
, he's articulate
and he's obscenely wealthy. The perfect candidate for the surreal reality show that political campaigns have become.

It's just entertainment now so bring in the clowns.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
He's handsome
, he's articulate
and he's obscenely wealthy.

I'll give you obscenely wealthy, but that's it. I can't stand to look at the guy! Really. I get dry heaves.

Trump EgoMeter

Great Jon Stewart Last Night

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Any moment now Stephen Colbert will jump out of his fatman suit...aeeehhhm,..I mean Trump-suit. Either that, or Trump's trying to imitate him. Does a great job at it too

Bringing the world truthiness

edit on 28-4-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you take 2 garden nozzles...and use the same alloys.

One foundry is in California. One foundry is in China. Same alloys be it brass or aluminum.

American foundries have so many more layers and requirements of regulations to make sure the foundery is not polluting the planet. No said requirements for Chinese foundry.

Now,never mind the freight and reject level of Chinese products,and never mind you have to pay in CASH in advance for products to leave China. If there are rejects? You get credit on the next shipment.. NOT a refund.

OK... Now how much was the true cost of the nozzle? Look up commodity prices of alloys.
Brass is how much here in the U.S.?
Aluminum is how much?

Anyone verify how much virgin brass was mixed in with recycled brass? Any regulation on that in China?
There are specifications on how mush diluted alloy you can use. "Some" countries lie on the certification.

Ask Rainbird and Toro how much certification goes into plastic material validation in China and U.S.
When you do material cerification and validation,it happens ALL the time the material specs don't match the print requirements. People try and buy regrind here in the U.S. AND China and try and pass it off as virgin material.

Our process validation is much more controlled here. DOE or Design Of Experiment is to take good functional parts and keep adding regind until the parts fail..Then you have a protocol of a good and bad part based on regrind use. Never mind what the print called out... Just use enough regrind to not have to buy virgin material.

My point?

How much more is the cost to manufacture here in the U.S. and how much more value do you get verses off shore manufacturing?

I know for a fact U.S. goods still have a GREAT name in Europe,Japan, NZ, Australia, Brazil and South Korea to name a few that LOVE the Made IN USA Logo.

Why? Because our regulations and quality of goods with Pride In America shows in our finished products over and over.

At what price will it take as Americans.. to understand manufacturers and consumers ?
It's in developement. We're learning slowly but surely what cheaper goods mean as a sacrafice to our economic position globally.

And we should buy and sell products to and from in the world marketplace.

We just need to increase exports and on shore manufacturing..not increase imports from any one country based on price alone.

You could almost say..even Trump gets it.. Not that hard.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Is "bigly" even a word?
This guy has an ego the size of the Good Year Blimp. He can't take criticism without going for the throat. ...And he wants to run for president? He'll be criticized through the entire campaign. Maybe he should take a cue from this saying..."If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen." And while he's at it, get rid of that piece of crap toupee you have on your head. That hair alone will keep voters from voting for him.

Another thing, all the bashing he does about China taking work from Americans, CNN found out all Trump dress shirts, ties and jewelry are manufactured in, yep good ole China. And his wife is in the business of selling Jewelry manufactured in, yep good ole China.

edit on 28-4-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
This guy has an ego the size of the Good Year Blimp. He can't take criticism without going for the throat. ...And he wants to run for president? He'll be criticized through the entire campaign.

I was seriously wondering what the debates would be like. He was so rude and obnoxious. That kind of stuff wouldn't go over well in presidential debates. (I can't believe I'm talking about Donald Trump in a presidential debate!)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this windbag, nothing against the OP.

I'm just sick of any stories about this D-bag at this point. I really blame the media for coming up with so many inane articles and interviews about this numbnuts.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

I can't say I disagree and I didn't take it personally.
And I normally wouldn't make a thread like this. I was just so amazed at his hypocrisy and wanted people to know about it. A lot of stuff has gotten lost in the news lately, if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I think you made a great thread, and a lot of good discussions were had with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Is this country stupid enough to elect Donald Trump as our president? Really?

Well, look who's in the White House now. I'd have to guess "Yes".

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

I can't say I disagree and I didn't take it personally.
And I normally wouldn't make a thread like this. I was just so amazed at his hypocrisy and wanted people to know about it. A lot of stuff has gotten lost in the news lately, if you know what I mean.

I should've clarified that any news or articles that shows who Trump really is - a hypocritical, attention-seeking, white trash piece of #$@!# is always good news!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join