It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism/Disaster Survival Kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What would you put in a survival kit? Let me be more specific... Lets say that due to terrorism, war, natural disaster, etc. that you had to be able to survive for a period of time on your own. All you would have is your trusty survival kit. Since we all come from different life experiences, I think it would be neat to see what different people would include. I will go first:

I would start with some sort of waterproof plastic box, such as those commonly made by Pelican, about the size of a briefcase. And the items of the kit would be kept inside of it...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lots of everything you use on a daily basis. Like medicines. You can never have enough of everything, especially water. One of the most important things to have is water salinization pills also. And matches/lighters. You can't go around drinking any old water.

Damn! Whatever did I do with those atropine injectors?!
(gas antidotes I had during the war)

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well the obvious choices include first aid, flash light, bottled water, non-perishable foods. In the event of terrorism I'd recommend an M-16 or AK-47. Also bring a desert eagle. Next binoculars, hazmat suit, plenty of twinkies, medicines. Next include a survival guide such as the US Army survival guide or the Worst Case Scinerio Survival Guide. Lets see batteries and a Game Boy Advance, with a few games. Or a laptop with wireless internet connection would be an excellent idea.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There are several threads on this already.

What would you pack? Only what you have the ability to carry.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The most important thing to have is a knife as long as you have that you can survive.Grow up in the late 60des early 70des the Duck and cover Age.
and surviavel corse camps were everwere was sent to one every year for three weeks at a time was ran by x green brays .
Belive me you I learned alot . The most important thing if stranded in enemy tertory is to be able to blend in .
Using a firearm in this sicuwaytion is sucide as two shots your possion can be tryangelated .A bow for hunting is better .
knowing wich wild plants are ediable is a plus.
dead falls to kill animals work well as do snars . And a few types of traps i wont devolge here as Id proble be flamed.
but the easy thing to do is find a pond or creak or river cut fifty or so sticks about 4 feet long walk out into the water and push the sticks into the bottom making a v shaped wall with about an ince or so inbetween the sticks with an opening in the middel about two feet wide then build walls back and make a box .
now just go up stream away from the wall and walk in towards the wall making as much comotion as possible fish swim away from you hit the wall swim along the wall find the center swim through right into the box .
and slice fish very THIN and sun dry you have dinner for a week. Works great.
Ps a magnifing glass is best to insure you can start a fire easly .Even though I can start a fire with a drill bow its a pain.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh I nearly forgot. Bring a pot and a way to make enough heat to boil water. If you boil the water for 10 minutes I think it kills nearly all the bacteria.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe I should clarify further, what would you have in a "survival kit" that would fit into a box as I mentioned in my opening post. You can be as creative as you wish, but I am serious about a real-life type of kit. I am thinking of making one soon and your suggestions would be very helpful. (so things such as tanks and fighter jets are not exactly what I had in mind
)

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You know, I KNOW there is a long thread here somewhere on this, but I can't seem to get the hang of this new search option, whereas I was a wiz on the old one...so I'm not going to be the one to lock the thread. If you're truly curious though bzap, try some various searches "terrorist" "survival" "kit", etc. but I couldn't find it...(though I looked real quick only)....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i know i have seen at least 2 threads about this topic, but me and the search engine don't seem to agree, so i can't find it either.

but you can start here and see what you fit in your box.
www.millennium-ark.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
First aid kit, bandages, alchy pads, ointments etc
Water purifying tabs (dilluted bleach)
Small mess kit, basically a cup and a spork
A cantean or water bladder
A bundle of 550 cord- 50 feet is probably fine
A magnizieum fire starter
A knife with a long shank, like the one you see in rambo (surplus marine combat knives work well)
Some power bars (you should replace these every 6 to 8 months)
A flashlight preferably something that does not need batteries(crank, shake or captive solar)
A topograhical map of your area and surrounding area
A compass
A basic rain poncho
A roll of toilet paper
A rag
2 pairs of socks
A change of clothes (pants, shirt, underwear & socks) in a zip lock bag.
Photo copies of your identification, Drivers license, Social Security card, medical card and anything else that could be used for Identification.

Each person (adult person) in your family should have this gear stored in easy to access space in your home or in the trunk of your car.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You know, I KNOW there is a long thread here somewhere on this, but I can't seem to get the hang of this new search option, whereas I was a wiz on the old one...so I'm not going to be the one to lock the thread. If you're truly curious though bzap, try some various searches "terrorist" "survival" "kit", etc. but I couldn't find it...(though I looked real quick only)....

Believe it or not, I also searched for this topic before starting it and I could not find it either.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
pop tarts and dr pepper?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Check this thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try to fit it all in a backpack or a shoulder throw sack of some kind. 3 days of water, is that if there is a major attack, even by water you should not be more than 3 days away from a safe area.

This is also

1.3 32 ozs bottles of water. You could strtech it if needed. You need this per person.
2.The duct tape is included in my pack.
3.Remember those cheap as hell little 2.99c radios or small one free at the bank, they will broadcast AM/Fm.One pack spare batteries. Any type of small radio.
4. Meds if needed.
5. Wooden Matches
6. Napkins(easy to package, not as bulky as paper towl/toilet paper, dam idea..lol)
7. Small first aid kit
8. One S&W 9mm handgun, one box ammunition
9. power bars and chocalte for energy
10. Small maglite and/or glow sticks
11. Map of surrounding states
12. Extra cell phone battery

There are a few more items such as declorification tabs and such that are very small and amounts to a nice pack.

remember, it is about survival for the moment, not for life. Be Mobile, Be prepared.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well a hazmat suit might be a good idea in the event of a chemical attack. But a survival guide is always a good idea. But if your near an urban area cash might be a good idea. It might not seem practical but people will still want money in exchange for help. It might buy you a ride somewhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just lots of whisky and coke.

You seem to scrape through anything when you're off your tits!

[Edited on 29-7-2004 by ubermunche]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
id have everything youd need, and a gun. can never tell how crazy people get after one of these things.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Found one.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Just found another.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 29-7-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Weatherproof clothing.
A decent Swiss Army Knife.
A small wind-up radio / Torch
First Aid Kit.
Water Purification tablets.
Mess kit.
Matches.
Flint striker to start fire when matches run out.
Back-up food supply (Packs of Beef Jerky etc).
Scythian Bow and spare bowstrings. Plus Arrows.
Pixy Stix (For short time energy boost)
At least one interesting book.

top topics

join