It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Appointed emergency managers close school for pregnant teen mothers with a 90% graduation rate

page: 4
15
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere
 


Nice quote.
Or how about "Don't with an idiot. The idiot likes it and no one can tell the difference".

You still got more excuses then anyone I have ever come across.

Again, we had some help from family. I know how to take care of myself, my family and my choices.




posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere
 


Nope. You made the assumption, like your race card, that I am a soldier.

Nice try though.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bakadesu
 


And why should gifted kids get more money from the tax payer?

Regardless if you are downtrodden or upper crust, the Govt should not take from some to give to others.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by consigliere
 


Nice quote.
Or how about "Don't with an idiot. The idiot likes it and no one can tell the difference".

You still got more excuses then anyone I have ever come across.

Again, we had some help from family. I know how to take care of myself, my family and my choices.




thats all im sayin Mac,,,,you needed help, it came in the form of family,,,they needed help that came in the form of a "special school"
your entitled to your opinion,,,which i respect,God Bless



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by consigliere
 


Nope. You made the assumption, like your race card, that I am a soldier.

Nice try though.


LOL then why insinuate with the avatar and signiture,,,,your probably lying across the board,,,,ridiculous,,,good day Mac



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere
 


Again, not to beat the dead horse. But, the parents don't step in, so the Govt, via the school steps in to take the role of what the parents should be doing?
If you, and the tax payers in MI are ok with it, by all means, go ahead.
You can keep it.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere
 


I am not currently a military member, I am a vet.

Your assumptions are very entertaining, but show a low level of character. Race card, trying to pitch the military thing as either an argument point or leverage for an attack.
All your assumptions were proven wrong. And not just on me, but towards others as well.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere
 


The avatar is a more of a gun thing, then a military thing.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by woodwardjnr
 


What guarantee is there that they won't end up in the Govt teet?
What says that they would if they went to regular public schools?



There is no guarantee, There are no guarantees in life, but these girls sound like by going to this school they will have a far better chance of succeeding in life with such a high pass rate compared going to regular school. I understand your ideological opposition to government programs, but when some are successful they actually improve your society in the long run. The thing is, you could cut everything and increase taxes and your still not gonna balance the budget. I'm not saying increase spending , but dont cut things that are proving to work. Thats just short sighted.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


You are avoiding my question. Why does the tax payer have to foot the bill to cater to pregnant high schoolers? Or high schoolers with kids?


Do you want there to be more pregnant high schoolers? Do you think that is good for us, and should be encouraged? If so, then by all means, refuse to fund programs to end the cycle. That would be the only scenario under which doing so makes sense from a societal benefit standpoint. You'd have to believe that it's good for us if teenagers remain uneducated and pregnant for many generations.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


You are avoiding my question. Why does the tax payer have to foot the bill to cater to pregnant high schoolers? Or high schoolers with kids?


Do you want there to be more pregnant high schoolers? Do you think that is good for us, and should be encouraged? If so, then by all means, refuse to fund programs to end the cycle. That would be the only scenario under which doing so makes sense from a societal benefit standpoint. You'd have to believe that it's good for us if teenagers remain uneducated and pregnant for many generations.


So, by not funding will create more pregnant high schoolers? That does not sound right.
I am asking who should be paying for this? If there is a special school for them, then why is there not a special school for the father of the unborn child?
It creates special classes of people, getting more tax dollars then others.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by consigliere
 


I am not currently a military member, I am a vet.

Your assumptions are very entertaining, but show a low level of character. Race card, trying to pitch the military thing as either an argument point or leverage for an attack.
All your assumptions were proven wrong. And not just on me, but towards others as well.


For the record,,,im a veteran also.and i am only trying to get you to see another perspective,,,which you refuse to do,,,
You see Mac i come here for education and information,,,i have no problem being wrong,,,because im a little bit smarter than what i was before i got the right answer,,,get it? (probably not)
so in your refusal to see other than your opinion,,,in which case ive asked you several relative poignant questions that give some credence to my side of the debate,,,im wasting my time trying to educate and inform you,,,,this is a joke

Apologies mods for being goaded off topic,,,,but that was my poor choice right macman,,,,hilarious



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by consigliere
 


I am not currently a military member, I am a vet.

Your assumptions are very entertaining, but show a low level of character. Race card, trying to pitch the military thing as either an argument point or leverage for an attack.
All your assumptions were proven wrong. And not just on me, but towards others as well.


For the record,,,im a veteran also.and i am only trying to get you to see another perspective,,,which you refuse to do,,,
You see Mac i come here for education and information,,,i have no problem being wrong,,,because im a little bit smarter than what i was before i got the right answer,,,get it? (probably not)
so in your refusal to see other than your opinion,,,in which case ive asked you several relative poignant questions that give some credence to my side of the debate,,,im wasting my time trying to educate and inform you,,,,this is a joke

Apologies mods for being goaded off topic,,,,but that was my poor choice right macman,,,,hilarious


Nice. As you try to come across as intellectual, you insult on your way.
I can see it from both sides, and I still come to the same thing. As opposed to if I were in there shoes, I would have to, by default believe that the only way is via the Govt. Not so.
I never asked your military status, and it really has nothing to do with this.
Your questions were answered, you just did not like the answer. And some responses to my answers were retorted with assumptions and labels.
You go ahead with the thought that the Govt is there to provide. Please keep it confined within your state.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
[

So, by not funding will create more pregnant high schoolers? That does not sound right.
I am asking who should be paying for this? If there is a special school for them, then why is there not a special school for the father of the unborn child?
It creates special classes of people, getting more tax dollars then others.


The school has a higher graduation rate than just about any school anywhere. Not funding it produces teenage mothers who are uneducated and unlikely to get anything other than menial work that won't let them support the kid. Who will then as a result also most likely be uneducated, live on benefits, and so on. Education is what breaks the cycle.

If your counter-argument is that girls will go out of their way to get pregnant so they can get a diploma from this school instead of their normal one...that's what doesn't sound right. It doesn't make any sense.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button gave me a kiss last night



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru
 


I am not suggesting that be creating a special school, more will want to become pregnant to go.
I only want to know why this is ok. Why not create special schools for others as well. If the standard is set here, then it most be the standard for all in that State.
Does it create an opportunity for a pregnant high schooler, yes. But why single them out?
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan
 


i completely missed this arguing,,,,sorry, no disrespect intended. you make some very valid points as well as your "statistical" inquisitiveness, being very sound,,,thank you for the imput



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Mmmm looks like some more of that small govt. repubs like to go on about. You have repubs running around like a bunch of nazi's overturning local elected govt. in favor of state appointed appointed 'MANAGERS".



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by consigliere
 

Yeah, I'm a racist because I don't support tax payer funded "Special" schools.

That is probably the single most dumbest thing I have ever heard.

edit on 27-4-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)


Lol, you said "most dumbest"

Why are people even bothering to argue with a dunce like this?



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by sepermeru
 


I am not suggesting that be creating a special school, more will want to become pregnant to go.
I only want to know why this is ok. Why not create special schools for others as well. If the standard is set here, then it most be the standard for all in that State.
Does it create an opportunity for a pregnant high schooler, yes. But why single them out?
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.


It's okay because we care about what works, not what feels nice. We care about what's good for us, don't we? Are you suggesting that if we can't solve all our problems, we shouldn't try to solve any of them?



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 

What's the alternative? The taxpayer foot the bill for a lifetime of welfare for the mother and her children?



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join