It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to appease some of you Birthers? (last birther thread)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

At one point in the second debate, Keyes, accused Obama saying, “You are not even a natural born citizen!” To which Obama immediately replied, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency.” At the end of the airing of the second debate, the C-Span host noted, as he read from a single sheet of paper, placed before him, that the Obama Campaign had contacted them and requested them to point out to their viewers that Obama’s response here should not be understood as a denial that he is a natural born citizen, only that Keyes’ accusation had nothing to do with the qualifications of office of a U.S. Senator.

I do honestly take it as "So what (does that have to do with anything)? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency." since natural born is not a requirement for the office of senator.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Boycott The Dunghead Media Demagogues

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I look at that last post and for some reason all I can make out is

"Please still buy my book!"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

That's the great thing about this country, your still able to think for yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

That's the great thing about this country, your still able to think for yourself.

Well, some of us anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
I do honestly take it as "So what (does that have to do with anything)? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency." since natural born is not a requirement for the office of senator.

Um, if someone accused me of not being born in the US, and I was born in the US, my immediate response would not be "So what?" It would be, "What in the hell are you talking about? Of course I was born in the US."

Maybe you and I are just that much different....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well, some of us anyway.

Why, do you feel censored? Or are you just starting to feel like your losing freedom of speech, and if so why?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That would most likely be my same response as well, but I'm not Obama so I can't speak for what he meant, that's just how I took it.

I don't think we are that much different at all, just a difference of opinion on whether or not the birthplace or birth certificate of the liar in chief should be where the majority of ATSers should spend their talents and energy.

Like Skerrako I think they want us to be distracted, which is exactly why we shouldn't be, so we will be aware or can make others aware of the BS we're getting set up for.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Aww, I post on lots of threads on ATS. Whether or not Obama is president is not that big of a deal to me. It's not like if they boot him out, they'd replace him with anyone any better. I'm at least glad that he doesn't make as many blatantly stupid comments as Bush did.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
The point you are making is a good one. Mr McCain's eligbility should have been questioned and verified.
OH what is that It was
No, it wasn’t.

The only ‘investigation’ into McCain’s eligibility consisted of one question by Sen. Leahy to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff during an unrelated Judiciary Committee hearing—

At a Judiciary Committee hearing on April 3, Leahy asked Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, himself a former Federal judge, if he had doubts that McCain was eligible to serve as President.

“My assumption and my understanding is that if you are born of American parents, you are naturally a natural-born American citizen,” Chertoff replied.
[The Introduction Of A Senate Resolution]

Senators Leahy and McCaskill then introduced a non-binding resolution “expressing the sense of the U.S. Senate that presidential candidate and current Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a ‘natural born Citizen.’Id.

Appears Mr Obama was part of the senate commitee to prove Mr McCain met the requirements of Natural Born citizen. born on American soil to American Parents.
No, Obama was one of the sponsors of said non-binding resolution.

Also, US military bases abroad are not US soil for 14th Amendment purposes.

U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities abroad are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not born in the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.” [Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual, at 5]

I addressed and explained all of this on page 3 of the thread you’re telling me to read. You should have read more than the OP.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, some of us anyway.

Why, do you feel censored? Or are you just starting to feel like your losing freedom of speech, and if so why?

Ummm....wasn't your last post a video of someone else expressing their own thoughts without one word added from you? You posted it in a few threads so you must have noticed that you did it, just before bragging about your independant thought.

Manning is a proven liar and wants to sell a book. Posting videos of him talking is hardly thinking for youself.
edit on 4/30/11 by Sinnthia because: tone

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Aww, I post on lots of threads on ATS. Whether or not Obama is president is not that big of a deal to me. It's not like if they boot him out, they'd replace him with anyone any better. I'm at least glad that he doesn't make as many blatantly stupid comments as Bush did.

Yep instead of being led by a babbling moron we get straight lies to our face.

I don't know which one is worse

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Freedom of speech comes in many forms, something that is not understood by the unbirthers.

A very happy unbirther's day to you.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that I am opposed to free speech because the moderators at ATS apparently decided to remove one of your posts? How do you make the leap from ATS moderating you to me personally having an issue with free speech?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that I am opposed to free speech because the moderators at ATS apparently decided to remove one of your posts? How do you make the leap from ATS moderating you to me personally having an issue with free speech?

No, when I posted the video, that is a form of free speech. Freedom of speech can be expressed in many ways, it seems you don't understand that. Or your just trying to intimidate.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No, when I posted the video, that is a form of free speech. Freedom of speech can be expressed in many ways, it seems you don't understand that. Or your just trying to intimidate.

I really have no clue what you are getting at here. I have taken no steps to stop you from posting anything you like. The problem you seem to have is with my free speech in responding to it.

I seriously think the topic has gotten so far ahead of itself, many birthers are left scrambling for any line of attack they can find. You posted your video, I responded to it. You are crying about free speech. I am lost. Trump pretty much summed it up for you when he suggested that seeing the long form BC would enable them to move on to important issues before moving onto how Obama got into Columbia. Yeah, you post all the videos you like within ATS T&C and I will respond all I like with ATS T&C.

That "free speech" you write about is a two way street here in the states.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just ask a "birther" for their Long form birth certificate in PDF format then disect that

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Sure, sure whatever you say, you can double talk all you like. That's the way it is with unbirthers, they love to double talk and play dumb. That is why things are so screwed up in this country, all double talk and no real plan of action, on the other hand there is action, but to destroy not to build. Always trying to appease lies rather than truth. There is no hope as long as there will be those that like to live in lies. Fascism has come and will not leave, thanks to the ones that call evil good and call good evil. The agents of doom have made their mark, and it is here to stay. There will be chaos, and when it comes, all those that pushed for it and carried on the lies will be shaking at the knees.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join