It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to appease some of you Birthers? (last birther thread)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by Skerrako

I appreciate the effort Op but you are shouting into a gale. There is no argument that will satisfy the Birthers and this is the wrong site to ask them to come to their senses. ATS may bandy about the slogan "deny ignorance" but more often then not it lets ignorance run like wildfire through its forums.

I think the mods do a pretty good job policing these. After all, they're just opinions and we all have one. A lot of us don't have the same opinions, but those aren't facts. I'm waiting for the Fake BC thread to get moved into hoaxes as the truth is coming to light on that one.

The birthers are definitely a stubborn group and I'm sure there are some of them that are legitimately concerned that we might have a "faux-pres", but it'll pass.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by befuddled
You asked what it would take. Simple and logical; just the transparency he promised. Release all records! Imagine your daughter had gotten engaged and you were meeting your future son in law. And over dinner and afterward you couldn't get a straight answer out of him. You asked about his college grades and got evasion. You asked about any law articles he'd written, nothing again. And the more you asked the less you got. Now imagine that you are both black. The issues you're thinking of have NOTHING to do with race, but rather your daughter's (country's) future.

Now tell me, would you be happy about this mystery man with his evasions of the truth and lofty rhetoric? Or would you want to hire a PI and have him checked out before the wedding?

Nice! But we have to adjust things just a bit to better the analogy.

She runs off and marries him because he sweet talked her and she loves him, now she won't pay any attention to what you show her about his transcripts because "Dad you have ALWAYS hated him!" so the only way to actually make your dear daughter see that the guy is what you feel he is, is to show her what he is actually doing at this time:

"Honey look, forget about the college grades, here is him cheating on you NOW, here he is talking crap about you NOW, here he is being reckless with your money NOW, ....."

So even if you don't accept the BC (even though it IS legit) TAKE HIM DOWN ON THE ISSUES, on what he is doing or lack of what he has done, there is no lie that he promised to change things and has epically failed, so WTF does his BC matter at this point? Even if it was fake (which it is not) do what? Congressional hearings to impeach? How long will that process take? A couple years? Well then it's time to vote him out anyway. So is the time that all the birthers spend trying to discredit his BC spent wisely chasing a fairy tale or would it be more useful to make everyone aware of his ties to the bankers, corporations, and the general un-"truthiness" of what he promised in the first place? Imagine if the last 2 years and the next 2 years were spent finding a candidate that would actually work out better? But no we want to waste time chasing rabbits and let an absolute corporatist ego-maniacal moron with bad hair take center stage?

AND if you still feel that the BC is BS after you have the POTUS of your dreams in office, then take him out and send him to jail, but it is a real BC. The asking for papers thing whether you are doing it on purpose or not, is an attempt to make him less, to make him not like you and that is the exact M.O. that was used prior to the 60's on black people, that's why people are saying it's racist

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There *is* a problem with Obama - there are three versions of him. First there's Obama the Messiah-figure, who poops rainbows and heals small children with his eyebrows, second there's Obama the politician who, like most politicians spouts ...rhetoric that outstrips both his abilities and his achievements, and third there's Obama the infiltrating muslim terrorist whose life mission is to bankrupt all Americans and who is secretly a foreigner. The problem is that the first and the third Obama are fantasies.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The ONLY way for Obama to truly prove his American citizenship, is to be drowned in a pool of baby tears (of course, for legitimate American babies).

However, if he floats and survives -- he is a witch and would require the normal anti-Witching treatments.

I hope that settles it; as soon as Obama submits to drowning in those tears, we can finally get about the other important things like giving tax subsidies to billionaires and whisking away reporters with questions that have not been submitted in writing.

/sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
The ONLY way for Obama to truly prove his American citizenship, is to be drowned in a pool of baby tears (of course, for legitimate American babies).

However, if he floats and survives -- he is a witch and would require the normal anti-Witching treatments.

I hope that settles it; as soon as Obama submits to drowning in those tears, we can finally get about the other important things like giving tax subsidies to billionaires and whisking away reporters with questions that have not been submitted in writing.

/sarcasm.

WASHINGTON–In the continuing controversy surrounding the president's U.S. citizenship, a new fringe group informally known as "Afterbirthers" demanded Monday the authentication of Barack Obama's placenta from his time inside his mother's womb. "All we are asking is that the president produce a sample of his fetal membranes and vessels—preferably along with a photo of the crowning and delivery—and this will all be over," said former presidential candidate and Afterbirthers spokesman Alan Keyes, later adding that his organization would be willing to settle for a half-liter of maternal cord plasma. "To this day, the American people have not seen a cervical mucus plug, let alone one that has been signed and notarized by a state-certified Hawaiian health official. If the president was indeed born in the manner in which he claims, then where is his gestation sac?" Keyes said that if Obama did not soon produce at least a bloody bedsheet from his conception, Afterbirthers would push forward with efforts to exhume the president's deceased mother and inspect the corpse's pelvic bone and birth canal

From the Onion
www.theonion.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is for BOTH sides; as what I'm observing is comparable to two old women hanging up their laundry, and arguing over which one gets to use the larger part of the clothesline.

For the Birthers: You've got some good points. Barry tried to keep this from us, spent a good amount of pocket change on keeping it hidden, and now there's this new thread which claims that the PDF file is multi-layered and not a single image like it's supposed to be.

For the Anti-Birthers: You've got some points in your favor as well. Just by pointing at the birthers, and how they're jumping up and down and frothing at the mouth, you're making them look bad. Now that B.O. has released his BC, the mainstream is making these rabid Birthers look like buffoons that will never be satisfied.

The most disgusting development in this controversy, in my opinion, is the recent introduction and constant repetition of the race card. Bad enough that racism still exists and runs rampant across our beautiful country, but to say "You're a birther, so you must be racist!" is deplorable. Simply put, it is a mechanism designed to inflame more finger pointing and name calling, and to try to silence the outcry of the public. Any cross-section of our population will reveal some percentage of racists, and there are racists on both sides of the aisle, and not exclusively in birther protests.

Now, to the gist of the matter, the reason I started this post in the first place. Say B.O. were proven not to be a citizen of the United States, or say his father wasn't a citizen, or say it could be proven that he never attended some college he claimed he did, so what? He'd get kicked out of office, but so what?

Is that going to return our country to its former glory? Is that going to fix the economy in the blink of an eye? Is that going to keep you from losing your house, or give you a little bit of added job security?

The Republicans might say: "Well, now we can start fixing our country!" Oh, really? The only plan of action the Republicans have in place is to keep flinging turds across the aisle. "Obama sucks, Obama sucks!" You're really winning people over by repeating that line a million times a day.
The Democrats might say: "Well, if Bush hadn't done this, or hadn't done that, we wouldn't be in the dire straits we're in now!" Uh, that line might have worked during the election run, but it ain't gonna cut it no more, no more. Democrats have had over two years to bucket the water out of the sinking boat, and all they've done is figure out new ways to make bigger holes.
Don't even get me started on Barry's broken campaign promises... Alright, alright, I'll give. He got us out of Iraq in 12 to 16 months just like he said he would, and he sure went after those greedy Wall Street leeches with an iron fist. That's the last time those fat cats will be getting their fat bonuses, huh? Oh, yeah, he closed down Gitmo, too. What's not to like here?

I just happen to have a solution. In two words; Ron Paul. Instead of trying to make this guy look like a loony old goat, which the media did back in '08, and successfully alienating him from the masses, how about we stop tossing mud back and forth and give this man a try? If swindlers like Ross Perot and T. Boone Pickens can credibly run for the presidency, why not support someone who's actually willing to take a stand? Let's have a real Tea Party, the Ron Paul Tea Party, instead of the backdoor funded Koch Brothers Tea Party!

I hate to sound so negative, but I'm sure the American People in all their courage and intelligence, would rather see a ringmaster like Trump take charge, or have another Vote for Vagina debacle like in 2008, where the ruthless Mizz Clinton took on the blundering Mizz Palin. Yeah, good job America, way to keep the stars and stripes flying high, by allowing our politicians to crap on the flag and listening to them say the other side did it.

How about we do something constructive and actually work on producing a solution viable to the American People, and not to the Monsantos and BPs that are rotting us away from the inside and out? Nah, it's too much like work. Much better to click on the boob tube and listen to the real doomtards, the mass media, tell us what we should be getting mad at next. Isn't there some royal wedding on soon? Yeah, let's skip over the gloomy economic outlook, and watch that instead.

You hear that sound of flushing water? That's the sound of America going down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
trump was hired or talked into , or is in cahootz - to bring up the birther subject in order to make it seem like a credible person has brought this question public. Pres posts birth certificate and gives in within days.

Days..

When it has been years ....

Does anyone else see the "setup" here? Almost like a produced setup?

I am thinking outside the box.... Outside the MSM/prpaganda box that is.

edit on 28-4-2011 by wiredamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monstertako

Hear, Hear!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Bottom line on all sides is this: We want OUR country back!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
No! This snapshot of a so called long form BC won't do for me. To much other evidence leaning otherwise is out here. For example why does it take two years to release it? Why has Nigerian officials stated he was born there?

"Why has Nigerian officials stated he was born there?"
Oh, it's Nigeria now? Or is it that you have so little knowledge of Africa that all African countries is the same to you? (I am not even going to mention your grammar... Finished 4th grade yet?)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This whole BC thing borders on insanity.
What would it take to appease some of the Birthers? Nothing. They just don't want the truth, they want their own presentation of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Man, They could go back in time and witness his live birth and still not be appeased! You just cant win with these people.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

Man, They could go back in time and witness his live birth and still not be appeased! You just cant win with these people.

That being said, you haven't contributed anything to this thread as far as real information goes. The birthers could use your exact statement against you....food for thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenan2
This whole BC thing borders on insanity.
What would it take to appease some of the Birthers? Nothing. They just don't want the truth, they want their own presentation of it.

Again, another one that does not offer any information. What about the other ATSers on here that work in graphics for a living and have said that it has been tampered with? Are they liars? Where is YOUR proof? Add the word "anti-" in front of birthers in your comment and it could be used against you. With as much merit as you have provided. Food for thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Disagree? RACIST!

edit on 28-4-2011 by tallymebanana because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by tallymebanana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Politics are a lot like prom night. Some get wined and dined, some get stood up. Everyone who shows ends up getting screwed. And the soundtrack sucks too.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
To the OP.
It amazes me that the CIA software can post that many stars, but yet they have not figured out the flag system yet.

These sites just like the rest are so filled with Govt. BS fillers that it's just sick.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Now he releases his full birth certificate and it's STILL not enough for you?!

Why are you satisfied with a fake birth certificate?

Whether it's the fact that it was compiled in various layers in the PDF form, instead of actually scanned, or the fact that it lists the wrong name of the hospital (a name that the hospital would not be known by until 17 years later), ATS'ers have done an excellent job of crawling all over the new "birth certificate" in very little time.

There comes a time when you will have to face the fact head-on, that you have been wrong this whole time.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
It amazes me that the CIA software can post that many stars, but yet they have not figured out the flag system yet.

Oh no, they've figured that out too, but it's so much more obvious that it would either have to be kept an "open secret" among moderators if they abused it too much, or else they would obviously all have to be banned by member demand.

But yes, welcome to the age of digital disinformation and the agent provocateurs of the internet, sponsored by the DoD.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Three words: Honesty, transparency and integrity.

Now, what will it take for you non-birthers to start showing respect towards people with a different opinion?
You don't magically get respect from having an opinion. However, if your opinion actually makes some sense, then yes, it does deserve respect. Your opinion of the president fooling/conspiring with the democratic party, his opponents, as well as the people who check things like birth certificates, is irrational at best, and as such does not deserve any respect.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

To the OP.

These sites just like the rest are so filled with Govt. BS fillers that it's just sick.

Dude, shut up. I have been on this thread most of the day trying to deal with idiots like you only to be called CIA? I earned everyone of my stars by making REAL, LOGICAL arguments and counter arguments. If you would care to make one I would show you how it's done.

But do not come on to my threat with this kind of bull*, after offering absolutely nothing.

Can't beat me in an argument? Then just try to trash me. Oh you birthers amuse me

Back under your bridge troll.

Same goes to you bsbray11
edit on 28-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join