It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Fed Could Kill the U.S. Dollar Tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Watch Live on CNN

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmNotWill

If you're watching live, I recommend having the sound on in the background and watching the real show - a live US dollar index

Very interesting to watch the changes according to what he's saying...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Well doing nothing certainly isn't helping the dollar. Last time I looked it was down .7340ish I am not saying raising rates would be the Answer only because as I understand it. It would dramatically increase the the deficit. He said in his press conference that inflation isn't an issue. Well Coffee is at a 35 year high and he obvious hasn't went shopping in the past two months. Raising fuel costs will always increase the cost of products. They have to be transported. OPEC cut oil production by 800,000 barrels of oil a day. That is economic terrorism at it's finest.

We need to be led by someone that has a clue other wise we are really screwed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

Months or years from now, when analysts are studying the death of the U.S. dollar, they'll look back and see that the greenback's demise began on a specific day - Wednesday, April 27, 2011.

As in ... tomorrow.At 12:15 p.m. tomorrow, at the conclusion of a two-day Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, we'll find out whether U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and his policymaking posse opted for a sharp increase in U.S. interest rates - which appears to me to be the only solutin

Alrighty then, I guess the fact that the Fed elected not to change the rates pretty much blows this thread out of the water

Fed Holds Rates Steady, Inflation Not Yet a Concern
edit on 27-4-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

haha... most threads here are done thusly...

thanks for the follow up

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by venusstarlite

Months or years from now, when analysts are studying the death of the U.S. dollar, they'll look back and see that the greenback's demise began on a specific day - Wednesday, April 27, 2011.

As in ... tomorrow.At 12:15 p.m. tomorrow, at the conclusion of a two-day Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, we'll find out whether U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and his policymaking posse opted for a sharp increase in U.S. interest rates - which appears to me to be the only solutin

Alrighty then, I guess the fact that the Fed elected not to change the rates pretty much blows this thread out of the water

Fed Holds Rates Steady, Inflation Not Yet a Concern
edit on 27-4-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

ummmm....did you not read the whole link?

literally one line down we find

Unfortunately, I don't think that Bernanke & Co. will make the needed move.

And without that sharp rate increase tomorrow, investors can look forward to rampant inflation, an evisceration of the U.S. Treasury bond market and - in a worst-case scenario - the death of the dollar.

the fed did exactly what was predicted. to quote one of my very economically savvy friends

What i do know is what they're solution won't hold. if they did increase the interest rate it will cause investment to decrease which will then lower planned expenditures, which will cause the IS curve to shift to the left, this shift to the left will cause a decrease in output, which is why a increase the interest rate won't happen, because they don't want to be blamed for the decrease in overall income and output. Further as a result to that, and the fed wanted to continue to decrease the money supply then could shift the LM curve left and it would continue to increase the interest rate, it would help stop the inflation but would also decrease output to i think a pretty hefty degree and i don't think they really want to be placed with them blame for that.

"IS" stands for investment saving, and shows a relationship between interest rates and output.

the article is correct, expect inflation before the year is out.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

S@F, this could be the economic smoking gun, but lets watch the liars do their last swan dance.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

From your own link it states this is not "YET" a concern, not that it saved the day, it just postponed the dollars execution.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

From your own link it states this is not "YET" a concern, not that it saved the day, it just postponed the dollars execution.

Not yet a concern means it will take a little time. By the time it becomes a concern it will be too late. I am going to invest in wheelbarrows...

edit on 28-4-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Heres the thing, we have seen unpresidented storms rip through the US in the past few weeks that just keep on coming and creating deadzones for living without major repair for sustainable living conditions.

This alone is going to affect all commerce, insurance, price in food production.

When claims exceed into the trillions of dollars, there will be no choice other than to abandon ship by tptb.

I could go in many directions here, but just the FACTS are going to awaken the sleeping masses in the very immediate present.

I am concerned.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I only hope that people's eyes are opened without causing them all kinds of harm. I doubt this will actually happen, but all you can do is spread the word and hope someone listens. Me? I liquidated everything years ago and put my government IOUs (aka money) into physical things that will actually be worth something in barter when the ultimate crash happens. Good luck trying to get food with paper money after that. Gold, anyone?

Is it a coincidence that gold has been skyrocketing lately? Sounds like someone's trying to corner the market... ME!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulForPrez
Gold, anyone?

Is it a coincidence that gold has been skyrocketing lately? Sounds like someone's trying to corner the market... ME!

there are 10s if not 100s of thousands of us gold bugs out there.
unkle Ben is not focusing to benefit us, he's directing the demise of the USD to pay back debt in dollars that are worth less...10% interest on 100 ¢ dollars would be devestating

but....10% debt interest on a 65¢ dollar is a lot more manageable

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2011 by ConceptQ because: Blatant stupidity!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Thank you!! It becomes so tiring to hear people talk about what a President does or does not do when the fact of the matter is..."they" are merely figureheads. When you see a President is on TV, the puppetstrings are tucked securely in their sleeves to avoid detection!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Hopefully, history will not repeat itself in the fact thar during the depression it was illegal for common citizens to own gold and the Fed would not honor gold by those citizens as a viable form of money. In other words, if you prepare yourself with gold, you may not be able to cash it in. Here in Texas there are 3 different areas that are utilizing alternative currencies. Only problem is that it is not as readily available. From what I have read many times these funds are gained via "lotteries". That can take time even if there are only a couple hundred people participating.

Can you imagine if our USD tanks as the "reserve currency" and your baby doesn't have milk? The rush would overwhelm the system and I'm afraid the situation could become dire.

edit on 7-5-2011 by ConceptQ because: Typo

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I live and travel overseas and I can tell you for a fact the U.S. Dollar is NOT accepted at many stores and restaurants as before. Further, currency values always fluctuate but for the past year I have seen the dollar almost frozen, obviously artificially held up by someone in Central America, South America and Europe. There is no way this is natural. The U.S. Dollar is clearly being manipulated until the time THE POWERS THAT BE collapse it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join