It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Fed Could Kill the U.S. Dollar Tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

How the Fed Could Kill the U.S. Dollar Tomorrow

www.marketoracle.co.uk

Months or years from now, when analysts are studying the death of the U.S. dollar, they'll look back and see that the greenback's demise began on a specific day - Wednesday, April 27, 2011.

As in ... tomorrow.At 12:15 p.m. tomorrow, at the conclusion of a two-day Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, we'll find out whether U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and his policymaking posse opted for a sharp increase in U.S. interest rates - which appears to me to be the only solutin
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 4/27/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is happening today, April 27th,2011.We will see what happens to our money.Please read the whole article.This is being done in secret today.I accidently found this article.[Actions to Note: U.S. Federal Reserve Federal Open Market Committee policy announcements have traditionally been made at about 2:15 p.m. (ET), following the final day of the meeting. The announcement tomorrow (Wednesday) has been moved back to 12:15 p.m. (EDT), because Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke is expected to hold a press conference and then field roughly 45 minutes of questions from reporters - the first in what is expected to be a regular event aimed at answering questions about the central bank's decisions.]
[i,think we are in serious trouble with this man handling our money.thecomingdepression.blogspot.com... concerns me,people are having it so bad down.I,fear it will get worse,before it gets better.I,will say a extra prayer AMERICA.

www.marketoracle.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ben Bernanke handled our money apparently so well back in 2007 leading up to the 2008 mess, that Obama kept him on. Now he claims he's fighting deflation and is doing an excellent job, your one dollar is now only worth a fraction of what it used to be worth. If he keeps on fighting like he has promised, the dollar may only be worth less than10 percent of what it used to be able to buy. I don't know about you, but I would be buying a lot more stuff in this economy if Ben hadn't been devaluing our currency and gas was going down in price below $2 a gallon instead of heading towards $4, $5 or even $6 a gallon.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
the only good thing that could come from that press conference is if Bernanke falls from the podium and cracks his fascist skull open...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The dollar is going down. This is a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. If he raises rates he will kill the false recovery and the dollar will still go down just not as quickly. If he doesn't raise rates then inflation will kick in to high gear and the dollar dies sooner.

Bring it on its the only way we will ever get rid of this rotten system and all the crooks like Bernanke running it.

edit on 27-4-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I found the original article posting..
seekingalpha.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm glad I was born when I was, I'm witnessing history right now.

Wikileaks, the internet, the death of the dollar, the rise of China, 9/11, the BP oil spill and a whole lot of other events I'm too lazy to type.
Interesting times we live in.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

Wikileaks, the internet, the death of the dollar, the rise of China, 9/11, the BP oil spill and a whole lot of other events I'm too lazy to type.

What is 'wikileaks'?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
we will see what will happen......

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Inflation or back to recession huh? Time to start printing those 100,000 dollar bills again. Guess who's on that bill? The creator of the FED and debatably the worst president in U.S. history... Woodrow Wilson.

Maybe, a plane will hit the Eccles Building smack dab in the middle of their record department, so we can launch a global war and forget about this mess.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Fearmongering?

People have been saying the dollar is dying, the dollar is dying for ages on ATS and other sites.

Perhaps the death of the dollar could be turned into a positive thing? Maybe it will finally free us from the grips of this fascist currency trap?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Ben Bernanke handled our money apparently so well back in 2007 leading up to the 2008 mess, that Obama kept him on.

You really don't know much about this country as Obama had no choice but to keep him on so to speak. The Fed is a privately owned corporation completely separate from the federal government. The government has no power over them at all. When congress said they were going to look into the federal reserve, they were threatened and nothing more was said.

reply to post by tooo many pills

The creator of the FED and debatably the worst president in U.S. history... Woodrow Wilson.
He didn't create the Fed, it was created by the 5 wealthiest families in the world. They together owned 25% of the worlds wealth. Then after drafting the federal reserve charter in secret it was handed to congress and forced into legislation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyone notice that Obama chose today to surprise the world with the release of his long form birth certificate? Classic misdirection technique.....look over here everybody while we add the final nail in the coffin of the US dollar over there.

Like many of you I say good riddance, let the empire crumble and let's begin anew. We certainly couldn't do any worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

You are aware of the Chinese curse, aren't you? "May you live in interesting times!"

Heh. We're all cursed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
Anyone notice that Obama chose today to surprise the world with the release of his long form birth certificate? Classic misdirection technique.....look over here everybody while we add the final nail in the coffin of the US dollar over there.

Like many of you I say good riddance, let the empire crumble and let's begin anew. We certainly couldn't do any worse.

I'm with you on this one. One good news story loves to sink the stories we should be caring about.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
They need to keep printing money to pay for the 80% of bonds they are already buying. I think it will be a combo of intrest rate hikes and QE3.

Thats if he likes america and is not trying to make us a NWO.

if he wants NWO he will just make QE3

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the fact that the cost of gold is going up? Or the value of gold?
edit on 27-4-2011 by ampar84 because: because

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Perhaps the death of the dollar could be turned into a positive thing? Maybe it will finally free us from the grips of this fascist currency trap?

Yeah for about 3 weeks until the Amero or new North American currency is introduced.

The Sheeple will be happy to be slaves again to paper and debt.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is hardly a secret - I've been following the leadup to this farce closely on zero hedge for the past month.

You can watch the whole debacle LIVE here, starting at 2:15 (not sure which timezone though).

The Q&A session is being covered (and questions being set up/asked) by the bought-and-paid-for MSM rather than knowledgeable economists - you can catch a glimpse of how the press is in cahoots with the Fed to manage expectations here.

Many are expecting the announcement of QE3 (but probably under a different name), which would demolish the dollar. Not only that, but the debt ceiling is set to be hit tomorrow, with the ceiling being only $23 billion away and there being another $24 billion dollar auction tomorrow which would put the US over the limit.

Destroying the dollar through inflation = slow and painful death of the US economy
Not announcing QE3 and raising rates = SHTF really quickly...

I'm personally suspecting the Bernank will say they won't put out any more quantitative easing, create a partial collapse to get everyone BEGGING for more easing, and the Fed will graciously do it.

Imperial America is on it's way out within our lifetimes, no doubt about it. I just wonder how society is going to react.....
edit on 27-4-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
reply to post by orionthehunter

Ben Bernanke handled our money apparently so well back in 2007 leading up to the 2008 mess, that Obama kept him on.

You really don't know much about this country as Obama had no choice but to keep him on so to speak. The Fed is a privately owned corporation completely separate from the federal government. The government has no power over them at all. When congress said they were going to look into the federal reserve, they were threatened and nothing more was said.

reply to post by tooo many pills

The creator of the FED and debatably the worst president in U.S. history... Woodrow Wilson.
He didn't create the Fed, it was created by the 5 wealthiest families in the world. They together owned 25% of the worlds wealth.
Then after drafting the federal reserve charter in secret it was handed to congress and forced into legislation.

I believe Wilson even admitted he should be held guilty of treason at the end of his presidency. He had deep regrets about the Fed and knew he had helped start the destruction of America... not sure he had much of a choice in the matter. Greedy politicians were bought off then, just as they are now. I pray Mr. Paul gets somewhere with his supposed agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join