It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Poll: Most Americans oppose raising debt limit

page: 2
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Debt? Money?

Not really, because it's just one's and zero's in a data bank somewhere. It means nothing more than just a neocon method of keeping score.


I provide food and shelter for my family with those ones and zeros. And if we're keeping score, the U.S. would be losing right now.




posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They don't care. 99% of people were against the bank bailouts, they did it anyway.

Those in congress are SELLOUTS. Obama too. Most of the supreme court too.

The whole system is broken. America needs hangings of those people before things can be fixed. Just suing them for money or voting won't change squat.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
debt limit/ceiling? 0. simple. 0. phuck anyone who wants different.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, not being partisan, even the President was against raising the debt ceiling limit when he was a 'seasoned' Senator, of course this was before he was for raising it as President. Seeing as he was a lot more 'loved' as Senator, we should listen to his words on this issue from then:


“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said on March 16, 2006. “Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.”

Source.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure


that is absolutely priceless

edit on 26-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Well, not being partisan, even the President was against raising the debt ceiling limit when he was a 'seasoned' Senator, of course this was before he was for raising it as President. Seeing as he was a lot more 'loved' as Senator, we should listen to his words on this issue from then:


“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said on March 16, 2006. “Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.”

Source.


Senator Obama must be a racist for criticizing President Obama.

edit on 26-4-2011 by beezzer because: Solar flares



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by whaaa
Debt? Money?

Not really, because it's just one's and zero's in a data bank somewhere. It means nothing more than just a neocon method of keeping score.


I provide food and shelter for my family with those ones and zeros.


That's your choice. If you haven't learned how to game the system like the rich folk; who's to blame?
The same advantages are available to the man in the street that are available to corps. You just need to learn
the procedures, the language, the loopholes, and know how the system really works instead of some idealized
supply and demand, pie in the sky fantasy economic dream.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa
 

You're typing that on a pie in the sky, supply and demand, capitalist dream.

Keep on enjoying those handouts, then.


edit on 26-4-2011 by beezzer because: Its Obamas fault



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Agreed but some people / sheeple have only 1 source of news they trust as that is the "honest" one or so they think.
Hell if my grandpa was still alive, he was an NBC fan, what they said was what it is.
These polls help those of us that understand there is more than one source for news.
But yeah you're right, you can't run from the deluge of real news, it's gonna drown you if you don't learn to swim through the crap polls.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by whaaa
 

You're typing that on a pie in the sky, supply and demand, capitalist dream.

Keep on enjoying those handouts, then.



Handouts! More like residuals from international offshore investments. Remaining angry uses energy that you could be using to educate yourself in the way global economics actually works. The real revenge is in living well. Your insulting snarky comments have fallen into the FAIL receptical.

Good Luck never the less!!


edit on 26-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa!



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just fire up the printing presses again. That always works.

Honestly though, for the most part, if the economy crashes I think it will be the wealthy people suffering more than the average broke person such as myself. I am used to not having enough money, so what I never had I can never miss. Those able to adapt to the situation and ones that do not always rely on money to get them out of situations will be the true winners of that and I welcome the day when some bank executives find themselves suffering because that safe full useless paper is all they have.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Just fire up the printing presses again. That always works.

Honestly though, for the most part, if the economy crashes I think it will be the wealthy people suffering more than the average broke person such as myself. I am used to not having enough money, so what I never had I can never miss. Those able to adapt to the situation and ones that do not always rely on money to get them out of situations will be the true winners of that and I welcome the day when some bank executives find themselves suffering because that safe full useless paper is all they have.


There's another thread here about solar flares blowing us back 100 years.
I read that and thought, "And it's a bad thing?"



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Senator Obama must be a racist for criticizing President Obama.

edit on 26-4-2011 by beezzer because: Solar flares


I wonder if Senator Obama would approve of President Obama's decisions?



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Originally posted by beezzer
Senator Obama must be a racist for criticizing President Obama.

edit on 26-4-2011 by beezzer because: Solar flares


I wonder if Senator Obama would approve of President Obama's decisions?

Just a guess, but he'd vote "present" just to be on the safe side.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
There's another thread here about solar flares blowing us back 100 years.
I read that and thought, "And it's a bad thing?"


I am not one to ever do much praying,
but I pray everyday that the economy does come crashing down or at least something to bring everything to a standstill so we can actually do some good. When it happens, then and only then will everyone be forced to focus on the main problem and actually find a logical solution that works for everyone.



edit on 26-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed
 

If the economy does crash, then it'd bring down most of the free world with it. Basically leveling the playing field for everyone again.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Skewed
 

If the economy does crash, then it'd bring down most of the free world with it. Basically leveling the playing field for everyone again.



I am ok with that.

It may even knock some of the elitists down a notch or two.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed
 
Elitists would suffer the worst. How many of the elite know how to field dress a deer? Plant a garden? Make their own ammo?
There needs to be a "reset" and extending the debt ceiling doesn't accomplish that.





posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Skewed
 
Elitists would suffer the worst. How many of the elite know how to field dress a deer? Plant a garden? Make their own ammo?



Knowing that makes me sit back
with a smug ass smile on my face.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   



chilax people no worries here



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join