It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Manning: "He broke the law.."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

In a conversation about alleged WikiLeaks leaker US President Barack Obama commented on Pfc. Bradley Manning saying, “He broke the law.”

The words from Obama’s mouth come as Manning is held in prison awaiting further charges and a military trial. Manning has entered no official plea and no court proceedings have begun. Yet, the US president dubbed him guilty of breaking the law.

“That was a very clear error by President Obama,” he remarked. “This makes it very hard for Private Manning to have a fair trial in the military.”

Manning, if guilty, merely released low-level secrets to the American public who had a right to know what their government was doing, he said. He did not sell or trade dangerous secretes to foreign governments.

“That’s not a traitor to me, that’s a patriot,” said Zeese.

rt.com...

This man will spend the rest of his days in prison. Sad really. There are many, many, many, sides to this story and I hope atleast he has his say in court, on TV, in front of a large and public tribunal.

If Manning gets convicted tho this gets Julian out of hot water. For he was just "passing on information" provided to him just like CNN/ABC/CBC/BCC news anchors did.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Its perfectly fine to point out when someone breaks the law. Like for example, if your neighbor writes you a letter saying if you don't purchase their insurance program they'll kidnap you and cage you, then they're breaking the law and are guilty of extortion. Or if Obama writes you a letter saying if you don't buy into his insurance program then... oh wait a second...

I do realize when Obama says "Manning broke the law" he is destroying Manning's right to a fair trial. Obama is in charge of a good fraction of the justice within the military, which has some judicial authority over their ranks. Obama is the real criminal, given what he did with health insurance, and Manning is a hero for doing what he did. Manning provided the transparency that Obama promised us by disobeying the orders of secrecy that Obama is responsible for. This only shows that Obama's real position on transparency is that if you provide it, you should go to jail. Government is so backwards these days that it would be funny, if people weren't getting killed left and right over it.
edit on 26-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: added second paragraph

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Poor patsy. He is being silenced. I think all of this is bs. I was in the Army and a lowly PFC does not get access to squat. And nothing really groundbreaking has been released anyway. Its stuff we all pretty much knew about.

Deebo

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Your neighbor couldn't threaten to do that even if you had murdered someone, you know. I don't like the insurance mandate either, but that analogy is flawed.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I agree with RT and their Guest .... no way he can get a fair trial... they must release him now.
and since no one has seen him - does he really exist...? the UN has been denied access .. ???
something smells like a oil rig in the gulf...
edit on 26-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Obama is sure stupid. For a person that has gone to Harvard as a law sturdent he shouled know that he has made it impossible to give this guy a fair trial. What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
I guess that only applies to his buddies.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bush Invades a whole country on a lie that killed thousands of American soldiers. Manning tells the truth and will be put in prison for the rest of his life. None of the soldiers that killed innocent civilians in the video wiki leaks revealed face any trial. It's a screwed up world we live in.
edit on 26-4-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Actually Obama is not a judge and jury. You can accuse anyone who you wish. That won't make it true thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
he broke the law

obama finally said something smart for once.

he broke the law!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It true you cant try a man if there is a conflict of interest and it appears the commander in chief stated the out come of a trial before it began. thats a clear violation of any proceedure.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ya, and if the Washington Post had not broken the Nixon scandal i guess we would not be having this discussion would we

All Hail the Military Industrial Complex, for everything is of National Security

edit on 26-4-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Although I agree with you, and Private Manning is a skapegoat, will signing a petition to free Private Manning be any help?

What other recourse's are available to stop a kangaroo court? If it's really true he was kept in a cold room naked for 30 days..where's the outrage?

Oh yeah..I forgot..he is NOT a civilian..There is no due process in the Military unless your in Guatanomo.

He should have notified his superiors before he released the information. That way,they could have locked him up and thrown away the key before anything was leaked.

Or did they know, and gave a "nudge nudge wink wink,let him let the files go and we can claim dumb and nail his ass."

Pretty sad..all the way around. Especially for Manning.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What's the quote? "terrorists don't get phone calls" I tried to stay clear of this one... But now getting a little interested with all the people on his side.... if he didnt put the information on floppies who did?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So you against the president of the united states...Who do you think will win? Also, my grammer isn't bad I just don't think "president" and "united states" should be capatilized anymore, and I think you know why.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

I was a Corporal with Top Secret security clearance. You can learn serious # if you are looking for it and pay attention.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

For a Harvard educated lawyer, our President sure seems to be clueless.

That is, unless there's intent to prejudice the case to an extent there can't be a trial.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Your neighbor couldn't threaten to do that even if you had murdered someone, you know. I don't like the insurance mandate either, but that analogy is flawed.

You seem to have misread by post. What I said is that if you write me a letter saying I've got to to buy the insurance program you have or I will be kidnapped and caged, then you'd be a criminal guilty of extortion. Obama will absolutely have a letter written to you (he doesn't actually do anything himself but merely tells other people what to do) saying you've got to buy his insurance program or you will be kidnapped and caged. That makes Obama a criminal. My point was that its Obama who is the real criminal, not Manning.
edit on 26-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: missing words

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Well we would actually tie. Since neither has 0 to say in a court of law or military tribunal about the issue. He shouldn't have said that thought. Shows he has formed an opinion without any procedings.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The rule of law is paramount.

Even though President Obama had been prejudical in proclaiming implicitly that Bradley Manning had broken the law, it is not without some thought over the issue of law being broken.

The rule of law is above all interests and powers of the land, be it the executive, legislative or the voting masses. Without the rule of law and society respect for it, we will all revert to barbarism and rule of the jungle.

However, the rule of law is TAMPERED BY COMPASSION and WISDOM. No doubt Bradley had broken the law, but what had the purpose of breaking it for? None other than to bring to attention taxpayers and fellow citizens of the wrong done with evidence by the military and some interest group, that within the chain of command, would have liquidated or silence the courageous Bradley, and citizens none the wiser.

Bradley should be given a fair trial, sooner than later, and NOT mishandled in anyway or there will be hell to pay, for the rule of law respected by all is both ways - the authorities and the citizens. May justice be served, but with compassion, honesty, integrity to mankind, and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Private Manning is being used to send a message. With the conformation that the POTUS states "he broke the law" most definitely has removed any and all possibility of a "fair" trial.

Thing is, WHOEVER that man is that calls the shots from the White House along with all his cronies and military cohorts, break THE LAW daily. None of them are innocents....none of them has a right to "cast stones". Manning did not give away "State Secrets"...although I bet if some digging were done we would find that "State Secrets" are traded daily by TPTB without a blink of an eye.

Any elected official by The People should be honorable and above board...hide your actions, keep them hush hush and the assumption is such actions are BREAKING THE LAWS of the land. Manning took it upon himself to SHARE his findings with his fellow human beings. There were NO LAWS as I see broken. I'm sure before doing what he did he weighed the consequences, both good and bad, yet understood what needed to be done was of greater importance of his actions.

One mans truth is another mans lie...it's all relievent.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join