It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Watch 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Thanks for that link -- James Spann is one of the best weathermen.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Has tornado alley shifted? I see no reports at all from states like Texas,Kansas or Missouri. By now we have had at least 5 tornado warned storms and it is almost May. It is a really odd severe weather season for sure because it may not be until mid May when Kansas City,Mo right inside of tornado alley has a tornado. Last year was quite active so I was all ready for another active year.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Have a Tornado Emergency in Alabama. Numerous confirmed tornados previously and currently. I can't even begin to tell you what all has been damaged so far. From early morning storms, we have 6 dead. Within the last thirty minutes, I've heard of houses and even the Cullman County Courthouse taking a direct hit, a mobile home park being demolished, numerous injuries and structures down in Arab, AL... I came home from work to find no damage at my own home, but many neighbors including the one behind me with a tree on their roof.

I have power, but many thousands don't.

local news... www.waff.com nbc
www.whnt.com CBS

Some great tornado pictures on their websites that viewers have sent in. This is CRAZY!!!!

I'm 20 mins out from the next tornado on the ground... Wish me luck!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Weather radios are not working properly in NW Alabama. Meterologist is advising calling people via cell if you have family and friends in the area.

You are in my thoughts.

edit on 27-4-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KathyG427
reply to post by robyn

Thanks for that link -- James Spann is one of the best weathermen.

Kathy, I have lived in St Clair county AL (a few miles from the intersection of HWY 280 and HWY 25) and I would have to agree that James Spann is the best meteorologist around. In fact I have lived many places all over the US and he is the one to which I compare all others, especially during severe weather of any kind.

Everyone in these areas, please keep informed and stay safe!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here is some of the damage in Vilonia, Arkansas if any of you want to see them they are on my facebook page

www.facebook.com...

Will edit this and add the videos once they are uploaded.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Hey Susan, just wanted to say I am very glad you are ok!!!!!!! (And Kathy too, and all our friends!) This totally sucks. Alabama is getting slammed right now. I can't ever remember them coming in quite like this!

And what happened in NC recently...Man!

Anyways, thanks all you guys for keeping us updated, and posting relevant links to news media and streaming sites covering this.

edit on Wed Apr 27th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Tornado hits Cullman, AL - it has been reported that the Cullman hospital has been hit. Cullman is north of Birmingham

Video:
www.wtvm.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just wanted to pass along from the awesome meteorologist on www.ustream.tv... in western Alabama that it's a good idea if you have kids to put their bicycle helmets on if you are seeking shelter in the path of any of these violent super cell storms.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread694272/pg4#

Tornado Warning just reported at Browns Ferry and I565

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I live in Russellville, KY. We've had a few tornado warnings over the past week, but today has only brought rain, rain, and more rain.

However, forecasters are still holding out for strong storms this evening and tonight, even though the main system has passed our area. I guess they are anticipating dangerous pop-up cells, which could be possible given that the sun is trying to come out.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Large wedge shaped, rain wrapped tornado (multiple vortex) bearing down on downtown Tuscaloosa.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
delete
edit on 27-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Large wedge shaped, rain wrapped tornado (multiple vortex) bearing down on downtown Tuscaloosa. www.ustream.tv...

I'm watching it - it's a monster!

edit: just reported the tuscaloosa tornado is about 1 mile wide!
edit on 27-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm watching it too, on TV.
Category 3 minimum, probably higher, the weatherman just said.
Scary stuff. They just aren't letting up...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That thing is one mile wide...

pray for those affected... this is not going to be good.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here is video of one of the tornados that touched down in Alabama:

www.cnn.com...#/video/weather/2011/04/27/alabama.tornado.touches.down.WBMA

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I heard on the news that the NWS office in Huntsville was evacuated due to the tornado. They are also reporting there have been 30 deaths attributed to this storm system.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Video of Tuscaloosa tornado. UofA Bryant-Denny stadium in foreground of tornado
www.twitvid.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Where was that reported? Just would like to know so I can post that info on a weather forum (storm2k.org is an excellent weather forum, I use them extensively during hurricane eason).

Thanks so much

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join