It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Watch 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This April set a record with 292 confirmed tornadoes in the U.S. The previous record was from 1974 with 267.

•Roughly 1500 total reports of tornadoes, high winds, and hail across 19 states.
•Number of high wind/damaging wind reports (1318) smashed previous record for any 24-hour period of 1012 on Apr. 2, 2006.

Record April: Severe Weather Scorecard

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Have had multiple tornado warnings this morning. Confirmed damage in Waterloo,, Cullman, Arab, Guntersville, AL & Lincoln County, TN... and possibly more to come.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Middle and East Tn are under the gun, Tornado warning just issued for cumberland county tn. Also from the weather channels twitter feed:

@TWCBreaking TWC Breaking 82 mph wind gust reported in Alexandria, TN. The equipment used to measure the wind gust was destroyed. #severe

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here are some of the warning I'm seeing this morning.

Today's Tornado Onslaught Centers on Tennessee Valley
Tornadoes today, however, will be most numerous and strongest from the midday hours to this evening. AccuWeather.com meteorologists are especially worried about the corridor from northern Mississippi and northern Alabama to extreme southeastern Kentucky. source

Some images on begin time & probabilities.

Also, here is the Twitter Feed for The Weather Channel's breaking news:
Breaking weather news feed of The Weather Channel
(You do not have to have a Twitter account to view. )

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Dang. EF3 or higher. Something like that hits near Oak Ridge or Browns Ferry or Watts bar, ugh.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Stay safe and keep us updated. We are still getting thunderboomers in Memphis but no tornado warning so far this morning.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Tornado just went over my house in Northern Ky. Its now getting weaker but passing into Southern Ohio as a severe Thunderstorm. The whole area is under Flood Warnings. Everyone stay safe...

ETA: Thankfully the tornado did not touch down..
edit on 27-4-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hopefully the weather will improve in northern Kentucky after that line moves through.

Tornado warning is now issued for northern Mississippi. It's going to be a long day for those in mid and eastern Tennessee.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Its supposed to quiet down until after 2pm this afternoon, then we are going to be under the gun again according to the local weather.

www.fox19.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Unfortunately, late afternoon and evening storms tend to get more severe due to afternoon heating. The storms in northern Mississippi are moving to the east northeast, I don't know if they will reach northern Kentucky but definately should reach the middle and eastern parts of Kentucky. But there is the possibility that during the day they will grow larger and more intense and anything can happen. I wish the energy in the atomosphere would just die down, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is now another tornado warning for the Memphis area for southern Shelby Co and northern Mississippi.

www.weather.com...:4?phenomena=TO&significance=W&areaid=TNC157&office=KMEG&etn=0110

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The sirens are going off again here for Shelby County, TN.
This is exhausting and nerve breaking. My son is in this southern part of the county where the sighting was located. I almost prefer tornados at night, so at least my little one are with me.

Keep safe everyone!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
WARNING from my e-mail inbox just now

National Weather Service issues "dangerous situation" tornado watch for parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi.

A "particularly dangerous situation watch" is issued when there is a high risk of multiple strong tornadoes.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Alabama is under the gun today - severe thunderstorms and tornado watch thru midnight today. I'm originally from the hwy 280/north shelby county area of Alabama and have family & friends in this area so it's of particular interest to me.
View of Hwy 280 this morning after 1st wave of storms passed thru (there's always LOTS of heavy traffic on this road, but doesn't typically look like a parking lot). Praying for Alabama!

www.srh.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Stay safe everyone - here we go again.
Thanks for the updates - we have faired
pretty well this last time - we have more
rain than anything - flash flooding.
Is this unusual or what - I don't recall
last spring being this active at this time,
not to mention the same locations over
and over.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Currently in Ohio (Toledo to be exact) and went from a watch to a warning at around 11:30 to about noon. Not really stormy now just very windy and supposed to have more storms later in the evening. I must say this has been a rather eventful finals week.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Same here, trying to study for finals with the tornado sirens going off for the last 2 days and almost 24 hour coverage on tv by our weathermen has been a challange.

At least here in Memphis, its quieted down now andit looks like it might stay that way.

Prayers for everyone that are to my east....it's been nerve wracking to say the least here in Memphis. Everyone stay safe!

Btw, I do remember last year at this time we had 4 days of constant tornado outbreaks, torential rains and flooding, it was the first weekend in May (it was the Memphis in May weekend). I remember this because I had finals at this same time last year and was under the same stress from the weather, my neighborhood flooded and many neighbors had water in their homes and had to evacuate. Thankfully our house stayed dry.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for the input, getting myself prepared for this baby now. In Montgomery, AL at the moment, everybody be safe.

Anybody know the chances of a tornado occurring?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi all.... I sure hope that folks down south stay safe, I have family down that way so I'm watching that area with extreme interest. This weather is worrisome to say the least. Just wanted to throw this out there simply because for this area it is a little odd. Western NY is under a tornado watch until 10PM this evening. Tornadoes happen here, just not that often. I'm sitting here watching the clouds thicken and the heat and humidity increase. Lovely!!

Here is the weather channel's alert for the tornado watch. Western NY Tornado Watch Link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Jst wanted to post this live feed for everyone concerned with this historic outbreak.

God bless and protect.

www.ustream.tv...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join