It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices at $3.88 per gallon Nationally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What is going to be done to lower these gas prices to an affordable rate? Anything?

www.examiner.com...

edit on 25-4-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: link didn't take

edit on 25-4-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: to correct link to article

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Where is this at?

Cause I know in California its at $4.00+

www.orangecountygasprices.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I heard people really complaining on the morning news...Gas is 3.95/reg-4.10/prem here in s. illinois. I have noticed a significant increase in food prices too. I keep all my receipts from the last 6 months and just comparing is really eye opening. I say, just by local temperament that at around 4.50/gal people will start reacting in a very negative way.

Shell and exxon made record profits so I guess that's all that matters right

edit on 25-4-2011 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I use to see pics and movies of Vietnam
and China back in the 1960's. It seemed
as though not many had cars. They used
scooters, bicycles and hand-pulled taxis.

I saw a first this weekend in rural America.

On my 22 mile journey into town. I saw
10 people on bicycles and 4 people
riding mopeds. One had been equipped
with plastic milk crates on the back to
hold groceries.

people are beginning to ditch their
gas vehicles. Never thought I would
see the day that America had more
mopeds and bicycles than
Vietnam or China.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Article says national average is $3.88 with Chicago having the nation's high, well above 4 bucks!
www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I heard people really complaining on the morning news...Gas is 3.95/reg-4.10/prem here in s. illinois. I have noticed a significant increase in food prices too. I keep all my receipts from the last 6 months and just comparing is really eye opening. I say, just by local temperament that at around 4.50/gal people will start reacting in a very negative way.

Shell and exxon made record profits so I guess that's all that matters right

edit on 25-4-2011 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

The price of food is what is getting out of hand. I paid 7 bucks for a bundle of aspargus this weekend.

Now I have taken up the art of the backyad garden and I assure that there are no roses coming out of the ground, but my heirloom veggies look great...screw you Monsanto!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
3.88 a gallon? i wish...here in central california, it hasn't been that low for a while. i have cut back dramatically, and with oil at 111.35 a barrel as of this morning, i don't see it going down anytime soon. this isn't a supply and demand issue, that's been gone for along time, it's a whatever the consumer can bear issue. plus our dollar is continuing to devalue big time around the world. welcome to the "maybe you can make it, if your lucky" country.
hey, how about taking a 6-hp lawn mower engine, hook it up to a generator, add small electrical motors, mount all on a 4-wheeled bicycle-tired frame, add neccessary legal lights and safety gear. it could make a nice run-around the town vehicle, and it could be done on the cheap. ok, maybe a bit too simplistic.
edit on 25-4-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not so bad. Here in Canada it's close to $6/gal. AND we're an oil producing nation. AND our dollar is worth more than the Greenback at the moment. We're REALLY getting screwed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by armtx

We've been doing the same..we have really been researching organic gardening and raised beds. I grew up on a farm so this isn't a foreign to me..however I am sick to death of the food prices and the not knowing what in those foods.

I would like to have poultry, pigs and cows but right now we don't have enough land. We are looking into purchasing some land this summer.

I remember a few years back people were predicting that americans would go back to simpler living. I really NEVER considered it coming true but now look at were we are..I made 5 gallons of laundry detergent about 3 weeks ago..it cost me about 6 bucks for the whole 5 gallons and it works GREAT. At least i'm saving about 30 bucks a month on laundry..now I have to get up a drying line and we wil really be in business!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
People poo poo the smart car but the day is coming where we can spend less on massive roads and have smaller cars and lanes.
Americans love affair with the car needs to come to a close. And start accepting smaller, more economic cars. Then we can spend less on roads and maybe ease traffic a bit.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Remember when gas prices were $4 a gallon a few years ago when a Republican President was in office? Of course you do, the media harped on it every day all day. Now it's back at $4 ($3.99 where I am) and does the media care? Of course not, the media never cared about gas prices they only care about pushing their agenda.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The thing that I find amazing is when gas prices peaked at a little over $4/gal in the summer of 2008 oil was at $147/barrel. Currently gas prices are just a few cents shy of the 2008 peak price but oil is about $30 less per barrel.

Gasbuddy.com chart data

Market manipulation? Supply and demand? How about the deliberate deconstruction of America?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
nothing will be done as long as oil is tied to the dollar

and the dollar is constantly devalued

we will see the continual rise in gas and food prices.

END THE FED

if you want cheaper gas and food.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
why isn't Obama's feet being held over the fire over this? Bush's was.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If they want to charge $100 per barrel of oil charge $100 per bushel of wheat. That outta put things into perspective for them. And stop this ridiculous nonsense.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Actually it didn't become news until gas was around $5.50. $4 would have been news back in the 90's, perhaps.

Prices aren't ever going to really go down. They're see-sawing up and down with a steady increase - they start at $3.50 a gallon, then spike up to $4.50, then we think prices have gone down when they level out for a month at $3.85.

Regardless of what we may think the cause is (material shortages or price gouging; it's not production cost, with all the subsidies they get, gasoline is nearly free to make) the fact is, the prices will keep climbing, and we're just going to have to find another energy source.

Legs have been a successful mode of transportation for the last million years or so. Shop local.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
prepare yourselves people the entire economies of the world are based off one single commodity

without it there is nothing else.

oil/and gasoline is what farmers needs to plant and grow and reap the food products they make.

oil and gasoline is what brings most products to a retailer near you.

gas goes up the prices of everything else goes up and already has.

and its only going to get worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
President Obama has said that Americans need to get used to higher gas prices.

Deal with it people, it is what it is.

If you have an SUV or other low fuel mileage vehicle, trade it in, get rid of it, buy new more efficient vehicles... You're all wealthy, overpaid, under worked people.. Learn to live on less, pay more for fuel, more taxes and bigger government is your friend, not your enemy.

You can all afford new cars, buy wisely, choose electric or hybrids, and those of you who cant afford it, ride bicycle, walk, horseback when and where possible.. Or just stay home, watch television and collect government checks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The oil price is high because of speculation. There's actually a world glut. There's so much oil in storage that they can't unload the tankers.
Speculators drivin gas prices high

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
The oil price is high because of speculation. There's actually a world glut. There's so much oil in storage that they can't unload the tankers.
Speculators drivin gas prices high

To a degree that is true, but a major factor in the current high price for oil is the value of the dollar.

Gold up, dollar way down = higher oil prices.

Think of the dollar on the international markets... If it has less buying power it takes much more to by the same amount of oil.

This is not 100% of the problem, but it is despite all claims to the contrary, a major factor in the current oil prices.

The forecast is for continued devaluing of the dollar and much higher oil prices.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join