It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind....kind of.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Anyone that's seen this movie pretty much knows that the abductions resulted in a loss of memory. Not so much repression, but the beings were able to somehow erase/confuse/cover up these abductions so that the person only remembered seeing an "owl".

Well seeing this movie had gotten me pretty paranoid for a while. Not too paranoid. But I've been thinking about this one night a few weeks ago...

I remember waking up, completely scared out of my mind because I had remembered something "taking" me. This is a little confusing because - I don't completely remember what exactly happened. It was almost like reality had been intertwined with my "dream". But I think it was more like my reality was tampered with. (for lack of better words)

Anyways, I'm not the type of person that is easily frightened. I don't have nightmares often and when I do, I just brush them off. But something that night got me REALLY scared. And REALLY confused.

As always, it might be nothing. Just thought this was interesting.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You should read the Lacerta Files. Lacerta talks about beings able to use a "switch" in our brains. They can use it "trick" our mind into believing anything really.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RainboStar

Why dont you tell your whole story I like abduction stories,and to look for similarities in them...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but the Fourth Kind was fake. The "actual" footage was made in studio.

Maybe knowing that it isnt real will put you at ease.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Because I don't remember. That's what is so messed up about it. Coulda been a dream though. Either a very realistic dream or a very blurry reality.

make sense? No? Ok. Not to me either.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gtrfr3ak

Hahaha. No, I know it's fake. But it's still freaky. And a pretty legitimate idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

lol, okay just making sure. Well I'm not sure how to help out in a situation like this, but atleast I can give you my best of wishes. good luck =]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Something " taking " you?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gtrfr3ak

I typically ignore all reviews etc for movies. That movie scared the crap out of me, before learning that it was not real footage. They did a pretty good job on it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
Anyone that's seen this movie pretty much knows that the abductions resulted in a loss of memory. Not so much repression, but the beings were able to somehow erase/confuse/cover up these abductions so that the person only remembered seeing an "owl".

Well seeing this movie had gotten me pretty paranoid for a while. Not too paranoid. But I've been thinking about this one night a few weeks ago...

I remember waking up, completely scared out of my mind because I had remembered something "taking" me. This is a little confusing because - I don't completely remember what exactly happened. It was almost like reality had been intertwined with my "dream". But I think it was more like my reality was tampered with. (for lack of better words)

Anyways, I'm not the type of person that is easily frightened. I don't have nightmares often and when I do, I just brush them off. But something that night got me REALLY scared. And REALLY confused.

As always, it might be nothing. Just thought this was interesting.

I thought the whole movie was not based on real events.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, that movie scared the bejeezus outta me. I'm a scary movie junkie and I have never been scared in any other movie besides that one. Fake or not it was creeeeeeeepy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
LOL yea I was faked out at first. As far as the "aliens" speaking in ancient tongues, it's plausible. I for one, believe in the whole ancient astronaut theory. Why would the Sumerian people simply make up these complex stories if there was not some sort of truth to it?

I think the Sumerians, Egyptians, Mayans, Aztecs etc all have something in common here.

dude69:
"taking" me, I don't know, I'm not saying I was or wasn't abducted. lol. I'm simply saying that something scared me that night and it's pretty much open for discussion.

The whole movie thing just got me thinking about it.

Who's to say that if something were to come in contact with me, that they wouldn't be able to use some sort of mind alteration techniques.

WHO KNOWS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Nobody said it was true!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
On two separate occasions, I've half woken up in the middle of the night and felt myself being slowly but steadily pulled sideways out of my bed, but it wasn't like hands were pulling me. It was almost as if gravity was working sideways along the length of my body. Although I was semi-awake for moment, I couldn't turn my head to see what was going on and fell back asleep as I was being pulled. I sleep on my stomach mind you.

The first time it happened, I shrugged it off as a weird dream but the second time I was positive of what was going on but I was still completely unable to react or stop it. Believe me, I know it sounds crazy but I'm sure of it. I don't recall feeling a presence in the room or hearing anything strange. There were no lights or anything, I was just being slowly pulled sideways. I've only found one other person that has had a similar experience on the internet but they couldn't provide any details either.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Here is a scary movie that made poop fly out of my butthole.

Its called "the Eye". and not the Jessica Alba version. The real Asian version. the library scene is the scariest.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

To me it's almost like your describing being in a Lucid dream but it doesn't sound as though you fully engaged before waking up out of it. It can be pretty disorienting and sometimes fear can over come you.
I've awaken before thinking that there is something I should know but couldn't remember it or like wake up in fear for my life but couldn't recall why.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
LOL yea I was faked out at first. As far as the "aliens" speaking in ancient tongues, it's plausible. I for one, believe in the whole ancient astronaut theory. Why would the Sumerian people simply make up these complex stories if there was not some sort of truth to it?

I think the Sumerians, Egyptians, Mayans, Aztecs etc all have something in common here.

:

the ancient language idea makes alot of sense. im sure aliens have been around for a long time, and have helped our societies throughout history. helped the egyptions, myans,incans, indians. perhaps they are working with our world leaders. maybe they have been for awhile, but they keep telling us were crazy. perhaps the government doesent want us to know their working with aliens. huh, who knows?
well uh, hope you dont get abducted anymore

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh yea the movie freaked me out too. I thought it was real until did more research on it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The movie may be fake, but investigating abduction cases using hypnosis is real.

David Jacobs talks about it in his book The Threat, great read.

You should try the methods he uses in the book, you may be surprised; you may discover that nothing happened or you may finally find out something did happen. Although flawed it is still a good method to debunk things.

You may have to relive some frightening things if indeed you were abducted.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtrfr3ak
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh yea the movie freaked me out too. I thought it was real until did more research on it.

I was somewhat 'real', but they used many varied witness accounts of UFO abuction's, encounters, condensed them along with 'artistic licence' to exaggerate things a bit.
The ancient astronaught theory was well presented for a movie that didn't really 'shine'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join