It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico wants to sue U.S. gun makers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Mexico wants to sue U.S. gun makers

www.cbsnews.com

CBS News has learned that the Mexican Government has retained an American law firm to explore filing civil charges against U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors over the flood of guns crossing the border into Mexico.

Sources say Mexico's frustration with U.S. efforts to stop the flow of weapons has pushed them into this novel approach. The law firm is looking at charges that may include civil RICO. The contract was signed on November 2, 2010 by a representative of Mexico's Attorney General, at their Washington embassy.

On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon expressed his frust
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

According to the Mexican government database, there were 15,273 drug-related killings in 2010.Overall, a total of 34,612 people have died in drug-related killings in the four years since Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared a stepped-up offensive against drug cartels.

Richard Feldman, President of the Independent Firearms Association and former gun industry association executive said: "Maybe we should be suing the Mexican government for their failure to prevent drugs from coming into our country."

So does it have merit? I'm not sure the case will go through because the manufacturers aren't supplying weapons to the cartel. Its people who works for the cartel that buys the weapons and using them. And not to mention that the cartel has used other weapons besides American made. Perhaps the Mexcian govt. should concentrate on strengthening their borders to keep drugs AND guns from flowing.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
So does it have merit? I'm not sure the case will go through because the manufacturers aren't supplying weapons to the cartel. Its people who works for the cartel that buys the weapons and using them.

Yeah, there is merit, but there is no chance of success.

The ATF and other US federal agencies are involved in the sales of thousands of these weapons to the Mexican cartels.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are involved in much more than that, but rest assured every effort is being made to conceal it, cover it up and make absolutely sure it never gets exposed to the public.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is coming from the country who outlaws it's citizens from owning or possessing firearms for self defense? Another country full of unarmed subjects who suffer the will of their firearm owning government. That is like trying to sue Sears for making claw hammers that are used to kill someone or suing Rawlings for making baseball bats that are used to beat someone to death. Maybe they should sue Bic for making lighters that are used to burn houses to the ground.

Another attack on the U.S. because we are free armed citizens and not unarmed subjects. Guns empower human beings to rise up and fight on an equal playing field. Without guns you are just a slave to those with guns. Enjoy being unarmed subjects Mexico. Good luck suing a tool manufacturer.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey if they dont like guns crossing their border then the Mexican government
can erect a concrete wall between us. It will stop the guns entering their side and stop the illegal aliens entering our side.

Sounds good to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
This is coming from the country who outlaws it's citizens from owning or possessing firearms for self defense? Another country full of unarmed subjects who suffer the will of their firearm owning government. That is like trying to sue Sears for making claw hammers that are used to kill someone or suing Rawlings for making baseball bats that are used to beat someone to death. Maybe they should sue Bic for making lighters that are used to burn houses to the ground.

Another attack on the U.S. because we are free armed citizens and not unarmed subjects. Guns empower human beings to rise up and fight on an equal playing field. Without guns you are just a slave to those with guns. Enjoy being unarmed subjects Mexico. Good luck suing a tool manufacturer.

+1! They sure have got some nerve with all of there corruption. How about we sue them for not keeping their poor people from risking their lives coming to the USA to escape that dangerous dump.
edit on 4/24/2011 by BLKMJK because: (spell tard)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe we should sue them for all the drugs that come into the US from Mexico. This is just dumb. The sad thing is it will be tied up in court for years and cost who know how much and still end in failure.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Maybe if the people were not cowards running away from the problem and stayed to fight to make Mexico a better place then they would not have a need to flee across the border like thief's in the night.

America would be worthless if every time we had a difficult problem we threw down our weapons and fled across the border into Canada.

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater." -Peter Venetoklis

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Delightful! ...quite funny and really, most appropriate considering that the USA blames Mexico for providing cheap slave labor to US corporations and also, for allowing drugs to flood through the borders.

Tit for tat, etc. lol

F&

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You do realize they put a trace on the weapons so they know where its being distributed? Its a sting operation.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You do realize they put a trace on the weapons so they know where its being distributed? Its a sting operation.

You do realize that is BS, the weapons have been used in murders... They ALLOWED these sales to continue.

What good is an ATF trace on these weapons once in the hands of the cartels and across the border?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If that tactic succeeds I suppose they will then sue General Motors for making Surburbans that get stolen and turn up in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Dear lord, am I reading this correctly? This is so stupid that I can't quite believe it.

How's about this: We take back the guns if you take back the Mexicans.
Do we have a deal?
Please say yes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well duh you just pointed it out, "in the hands of the cartel."

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Crazy! The guns are their to protect the drug cartel. Deal with your own problems locally, Mexico, and the problems will stop. Do they really think that stopping guns coming in from the US will stop guns from arriving in Mexico? Where there is a will there is a way.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Hey if they dont like guns crossing their border then the Mexican government
can erect a concrete wall between us. It will stop the guns entering their side and stop the illegal aliens entering our side.

Sounds good to me.
The US and Mexico should split the cost of the wall.

Mexico can't stop the flood of guns into its country and the US can't stop the flood of illegal immigrants and drugs into its country. They both need the wall.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mexico IS the cartels, and as we just saw wackovia and wells fargo were laundering the money...
last year the cia had a plane go down in mexico on its way to the uS with several tons of uncut coke on board...

Blaming the mexican peeps who are just tennis balls for the most part as are the american gun dealers who are the real target
remember when Vincente FOX addressed congress last year about guns, to a standing ovulation...?

pay attention

and BTW
you can thank nafta, freetrade, the patenting and decimation of the foodfarming by corporations and universities,..monsanto and GMO,...basically the western financial kingpins..the MOB,
for the problem...
but of course putting blame where it ACTUALLY belongs might mean taking responsibility for doing something about it...
the right thing too.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Ummmmm....NO
It would be fine in some Bizzarro world where down is up and such.
In such a world we could sue pencil companies for misspelled words and car companies for accidents and deaths,
Heck i would sue Guinness if I ever got arrested for drunk in public.
I think what Mexico needs to do is go after the ATF and find out all about the gunwalker thing.
We could send all in the whole gunwalker catastrophe south and let em stand trial in a Mexican court.
But i'm sure © Bushmaster never produced a XM15 and thought "Hmmm these Mexicans are gonna love this one"!
This idea is silly at best.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yeah i think i must side with you on this one, the idea of a sting is wait for said merch to get somewhere and go raid said place.
Waiting for the guns to be used in murders months or years later is a no go.
But really, how would you track said weapons??
I know my way around a weapon or 2... and when i get a new toy i do a function check and a full tear down before live fire.
Where would you hide a....GPS??? on a gun?
I call bs.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Doesn't have to be on the gun. Its not like they deliver one gun at a time. Usually in a box of some kind.
Or maybe in a vehicle that is delivering it. Tracing its route.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join