It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive rain causes 130 schools in Korea to close - Yet rain in California had 10 TIMES more rad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Source

… The Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety (KINS) said radioactive iodine and cesium were found in rainwater collected in the early morning at a checkpoint on the island. The concentration level of iodine-131 was 2.02 becquerels per liter (Bq/l), that of cesium-137, 0.538 Bq/l, and that of cesium-134, 0.333 Bq/l. …

Following the news that minuscule radioactive substances were detected on Jeju, people in all parts of the country carried umbrellas to work or school even though the rainfall was light.

Parents had their children not only use umbrellas but also wear raincoats, rubber boots and even masks. Some of them gave their children a ride to school, with streets near schools congested.

In Gyeonggi Province, about 130 pre-, elementary and middle schools were closed after the regional educational office allowed school heads to close them if they deemed it necessary. More than 40 others shortened school hours. …

And the interesting part...

Iodine-131 level in rainwater sample taken on the roof of Etcheverry Hall on UC Berkeley campus, March 23, 2011 from 9:06-18:00 PDT

20.1 Becquerel per liter (Bq/L)

So what's going on here?

Is South Korea being paranoid, or is the US just being care free?

How can there be such a variance in the reaction to the radiation?

Weird article but thought I would share it and get others opinions on it.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 24-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Statistically, it's very unlikely that anybody be negatively impacted by radiation at this level"

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the main thing is.....get ready....there is nothing we can do. If the truth was reported, there would be mass hysteria, and that isn't good for anyone. But really, what can be done....nothing. It's in the wind and rain. now it's in the food and drinking water.

We have a few years before massive health effects will be shown, and there will be no way to actually link it to japan. So, mum's the word.

have fun.

I saw my 3 year old niece catching raindrops on her tongue today and almost cried
edit on 24-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

73% of statistics are made up on the spot

and how much are you being paid by the gubment?

(if you were being sarcastic, i'd at least like to see a laughing circle after that statement)

edit on 24-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Having lived in Korea for 8 years, I can say that as a culture, they believe whatever the Govt. tells them and even over react on many issues.

The yellow sand coming in from China every year scares them the most and indeed it is concerning. But, I have also experienced the belief that acid rain causes their hair to fall out. While we don't typically use an umbrella unless it pours, they will use them in a sprinkle because they have been told that their hair will fall out from the acidity.

Having said that, this is an entirely different situation and as close as they are, they need to be concerned. My wife (Korean) and I have been thinking of bringing her parents to Canada and we might just do that now.

Of my 8 years in Korea, I lived on Jeju for 3 yrs and it is absolutely beautiful!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6450b6def2a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a792ab5a60f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00ca9ce35eed.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 24-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It was raining here and I was thinking about the story the other week, not to eat the snow or drink the rainwater and I'm in Pa.
With the amount of posters here and their connections, has anyone tested the rainwater from their location?
edit on 24-4-2011 by mugger because: sp.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I live in Malaysia which compared to the US is practically next door to Japan, should I be worried?
How did so much Radiation make it over there? is it all from the Japan plant or do u guys have issues over there as well?
Should I be getting my ass back home to Australia?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
funny how there is a government out there that wants to protect its citizens' health...as opposed to over here, where ill bet the US gov has had discussions about how to maximize the ill effects in this country...maybe that is why they have been cutting back on chemtrailing lately? so as to not obstruct the radioactive fallout?...methinks im on to something...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Interesting. ...Some take care, others don't care.

S&F&

BlubberyConspiracy - love your signature quote:

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religion destroys spirituality."

- Michael Ellner

...And the "food" industry destroys our food.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The radiation follows the rainfall. First Japan, then Hawaii, then west coast in particular the rain areas, like mine, and Vancouver/Seattle. the most rain.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ok personally for myself,...
I'm not worried at all, the folks in Japan are still walking, drinking, eating Etc.
So, if we get x amount of rads, they got whatever x was before a lot of dispersion.
So i play in the rain and enjoy my life as others may bury their heads in the sand.
Now here is the real skinny, what if.??
What if radiation levels are as bad as some want them to be and we are being poisoned by our radioactive contaminated air, water, and food?
What are you going to do?
What can you do?
Mmmmhm so crack a beer and please live so that someday you may die.
If you never lived could you truly call it dying?
Hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You can get the full info here of just how bad it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Latest report from Natural News: Radiation Fallout Sky Rockets:

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Ok personally for myself,...
I'm not worried at all, the folks in Japan are still walking, drinking, eating Etc.
So, if we get x amount of rads, they got whatever x was before a lot of dispersion.
So i play in the rain and enjoy my life as others may bury their heads in the sand.
Now here is the real skinny, what if.??
What if radiation levels are as bad as some want them to be and we are being poisoned by our radioactive contaminated air, water, and food?
What are you going to do?
What can you do?
Mmmmhm so crack a beer and please live so that someday you may die.
If you never lived could you truly call it dying?
Hope it helps.

Well, a hell of a lot more than if you're clueless - with information one has a better shot at doing something than if no data are available.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This unprecidented nuclear catastrophe that has global consequences cannot be stopped now.
If those who were/still are in the position to try, actually had tried, instead of first concerning themselves with their financial losses (caused in retrospect, by their own callous disregards for the health & safety of others...although, to have done anything differently would have made it so much harder to prevent vast, personal, financial losses), then perhaps things would not be looking so dire today, but that's all academic now.

What you can do for those you love is to, right now, take what steps you yourself can to minimise the very real and very serious dangers present, especially for our children and our children's children.

Think to yourself: What are the chances you will be adversely affected (or even suffer a terminal complaint) if you take some basic precautions against possible nuclear fallout?

Then think again: What are the chances you will be adversely affected (or even suffer a terminal complaint) if you do not?

What are the odds? Fancy a bet , only with the very real lives of your loved ones as the gambling stakes??

Would I allow a member of my government to physically babysit my child, to genuinely ensure their best interests better than I would ever wish to?

Simply put - Never in a million years.

In such light, will I personally be putting the health and well-being of my loved ones in the hands of a governing body well proven to hold their own agenda and interests far, far above those of the poeple they claim to serve? To allow a known liar to dictate to me, what is best for me and my loved ones?

Simply put - Never in a million years.

If you are genuinely concerned and truly value the future health of those you love, especially the very young, then you must take things into your own hands, or be damning those you love through a failure to act, NOW.

Take iodine suppliments in the form of readily accessible KELP (found in all healthfood stores) to flood your thyroid with natural iodine, so as to prevent it from absorbing the iodine-131 already being sent all across the Northern Hemisphere.
One teaspoon in a glass of water daily, is all you need do to substantially decrease the risk of thyroid cancer!

Until you can personally find reliable sources to attest to the radiation levels in your area (currently, a task that takes much longer than should ever be the case in an apparently free society), for gods sake, keep the rain off your skin! and if you have to go out in it, wrap up well and use an umbrella in addition to your wet-weather clothing.
When coming in from the rain, take further precautions against traipsing the rainwater into your home from your boots and clothes.

**Of course, if you are the type of person to allow small children to smoke tobacco, to get drunk on alcohol, take all manner of illicit drugs as they see fit and allow them to be fed solely on a diet of processed foods, then I genuinely wouldn't worry about any of this, if I were you.**

Foundations that are built on sand are doomed to fall. This goes for your chosen information source(s) also.
If your current knowledge of this catastrophe is founded on covertly biased or misinformative sources (such as is, sadly, now the majority of our Mainstream Media sources), your 'house' will fall because of that alone.

Because of many people failing to fully grasp the seriousness of this situation and, the odd few deliberately attempting to misinform the public, DO not believe anyone who states they categorically know what is happening as a result of Fukishima - INCLUDING ME, without cross-referencing the information as best you can - please, please, please, make the effort to do as much intelligent research on this as you are physically and mentally able to!
Get your friends to assist you in this highly important (and likely life-changing) endeavour as more heads are better than one, especially on a subject which may literally mean the difference between life or a horrible death for you and, more importantly, those you love.

Deny Ignorance - this time lives depend on it.

edit on 25-4-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My brother-in-law works as a Teacher in South Korea. I've written him to confirm the report of schools closing. No reply yet, which isn't the best news because his only internet access is through the school and internet cafes. He hasn't sent word of anything since last Friday, another strange incident because he always keeps in touch with his mother, especially on Holidays (Easter). Hopefully I'll receive word soon.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Interesting. ...Some take care, others don't care.

S&F&

BlubberyConspiracy - love your signature quote:

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religion destroys spirituality."

- Michael Ellner

...And the "food" industry destroys our food.

What a quote!!!
Really,thats among the most "on the button" quotes I have ever read.

I have been trying to work out how we could have let things get this bad for years.
It really pisses me off,that we Humans have such incomprehensible potential...
But we also have a "bury our heads,thats not happening" side to us as well.

We have so many good points,why can we never seem to erradicate our foolish side after so many generations?

The only thing I have come up with(and many more before me)is that we have to have the bad to able to feel the good.
A sort of yin yang/matter antimatter deal.

I was out in the rain playing football when the BBC news told everyone to stay out of the rain after Chernobyl...
Our head teacher ran out screaming for us to get in...
Back in '86 that was.
Have we learned anything?
It seems we never do IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety (KINS) said radioactive iodine and cesium were found in rainwater collected in the early morning at a checkpoint on the island. The concentration level of iodine-131 was 2.02 becquerels per liter (Bq/l), that of cesium-137, 0.538 Bq/l, and that of cesium-134, 0.333 Bq/l

Assuming this exposure level remains constant and the average person exposed consumes 730 liters of water per year, that works out to a yearly dosage of .05032 microsieverts, or the equivalent of sleeping next to someone for an entire year or 1/20th the dose received from an arm X-ray.

OMFG WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!
edit on 25-4-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I say Koreas got it right. I would rather be "paranoid" and "over react" then kick back and do nothing. Its not like taking an umbrella and a coat is over the top.

Maybe if commifornia shut down schools for sometime like korea, they could save osme money on their debt problem. Not like they teach anything important in their education system anyway..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join