It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive rain causes 130 schools in Korea to close - Yet rain in California had 10 TIMES more rad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Ok personally for myself,...
I'm not worried at all, the folks in Japan are still walking, drinking, eating Etc.
So, if we get x amount of rads, they got whatever x was before a lot of dispersion.
So i play in the rain and enjoy my life as others may bury their heads in the sand.
Now here is the real skinny, what if.??
What if radiation levels are as bad as some want them to be and we are being poisoned by our radioactive contaminated air, water, and food?
What are you going to do?
What can you do?
Mmmmhm so crack a beer and please live so that someday you may die.
If you never lived could you truly call it dying?
Hope it helps.

yea wellt heyre a lot healthier than we are and you might not know the ill effects of radiation until maybe a few years down the line so enjoy your radioactive heineken ill take my chances avoiding or at leats trying to

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
this also sucks because i was drenched in that rain for a few of those days i'm sure haarp was behind that windstorm that 'mysteriously' appeared a few days after the meltdown heading for the westcoast total coincidence though im sure....psych lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I see so many post showing concern about the amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from the Fukishima plant and so many posts countering the claim of high radiation levels it's kinda confusing for me.

What would be helpful is if someone could post what the maximum (original) doses of the types of radiation we should be exposed to on a daily basis to what we are being exposed to now. Where are the monitoring stations in the uk?

I'm from the uk and i have a family with young kids, like so many others i just want the truth so i can make the best decisions possible for my family.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ukredstar

Sadly any public web resources will probably omitt any data which could prove to cause panic in the UK.
Do you remember Chernobyl friend?
Remember they stopped Welsh and Scottish beef and lamb from being eaten due to the radioactivity content?

Well sadly,the people in those areas (me included
)absorbed the same amount of radiation,but of course that was left unmentioned.

Its hard to know how bad the Fukushima disaster will be,but the way its continuing with no clear progess is worrying IMO.
If I could afford to I would be interested to buy a dosimeter(ebay sell them,maybe £200 for a decent one.)
Would be good to check water,food,rain etc over the coming months,keep a chart,measured against normal background radiation.
In that way,you could build a local picture of the rads,and determine what is safest to eat for you and your family.
Again,sadly I doubt the media or government will give you this info truthfully-so thats what I would do,get a dosimeter.

Edit,forgot links to some public rad maps:

UK/Europe,click public map,on left side menu:
eurdep.jrc.ec.europa.eu...

USA:
www.radiationnetwork.com...

edit on 26/4/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: LinKs!!AgaiN!! Arrgh.When will I ever include all the darned links without editting!!Damn...sorry all.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukredstar
I see so many post showing concern about the amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from the Fukishima plant and so many posts countering the claim of high radiation levels it's kinda confusing for me.

What would be helpful is if someone could post what the maximum (original) doses of the types of radiation we should be exposed to on a daily basis to what we are being exposed to now. Where are the monitoring stations in the uk?

I'm from the uk and i have a family with young kids, like so many others i just want the truth so i can make the best decisions possible for my family.

UC Berkeley has some good information on converting how radioactive an isotope is and its dose equivalency.

It assumes that a “reference man” will consume 730 liters of radioactive water per year or breathe 2.4 million liters of radioactive air per year.

The conversions for water are as follows:

Units I-131 I-132 Cs-134 Cs-137 Te-132 Be-7
uSv/Bq 1.851E-02 1.851E-04 2.057E-02 1.851E-02 2.057E-03 3.085E-05

Based on the information posted by the OP, the dosage for the Korean case is as follows:

I-131: 2.02 Bq x 1.851E-02 uSv/Bq = .03739 uSv
Cs-137: 0.538 Bq x 1.851E-02 uSv/Bq = .009958 uSv
Cs-134: 0.333 Bq x 2.057E-02 uSv/Bq = .00685 uSv

Giving us a grand total of .0542 uSv. Now, because the conversions for water were based off of the “reference man” consuming 730 liters of radioactive water per year, the .0542 uSv number corresponds to our yearly dose of consuming 730 liters not our dose per liter consumed.

To put this in perspective, this .0542 uSv dose is the equivalent of sleeping next to someone or 1/20th the exposure from one years use of a CRT or arm x-ray.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join