It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do you really know about the Illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I mean really? I see people making claims about the illuminati but often they are presenting evidence that only indicates the freemasons. How much research have you done? How do you know what you are finding is true?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know what i have read , which admittedly is not much.
We don't even know if this is a real organisation, and if it
is, whats it purpose.
The thing is with conspiracies such as the Illuminati, it takes on a life of it's own.
We can say that "The war in Libya is the work of the Illuminati", and then
some one may add " to get the oil". that is there objective".. add add add.

The iIluminati is just that, a conspiracy theory, no proof either way.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I know that some people believe they exist but some people believe in the Easter Bunny.

There is no proof of them at all, just theory and the scared belief that an unseen boogy man is hiding behind the scenes controlling everything in the world.

Personally I believe that the worlds in the shape it is now because most humans are greedy and petty. They only care about themselves and what they can gain in the way of money, power & respect.

People are just bad at making decisions in governments, families and their own lives. No boogy man.

At least not on a planet controlling level.

Some people believe in GOD, some in the Illuminati, some believe in their government, some believe that ET's put us here and some believe in nothing or multiple things.

People just need to believe in something to get by in their daily lives. They have to have hope in something and need somewhere to point a finger when bad things happen.

Sorry to burst all those bubbles but it's true.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Basically what is said here.

It's a thought in everyone's mind that there is something beyond the regular Governments, that there are some people in an organization that are pulling the strings, we've given them the name of Illuminati, and subsequently, the NWO.

There's a lot of evidence that shows these things do in fact exist, I'm not going to list them all since I don't have time, nor have them readily available, but what it comes down to is you, the individual, doing research yourself.

This can apply to anything, really. Do your own homework, believe what you want to believe in, whatever makes the most sense - which is why it should be welcomed whenever there is a "prediction" thread or large "conspiracy" claim made, it's just another point of view based off someone's research, it's up to you whether you believe it or not, but the last thing anyone should do is harass or mock someone for making claims like that.

I know I got a little too general there but you know what I mean

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I mean really?

The Bavarian Illuminati are historically real:

en.wikipedia.org...

How much research have you done?

At this moment in time, about twenty-two keystrokes more than you and yet it proves sufficient.

Just because the said historical version of the Illuminati was modeled on Freemasonry, it doesn't mean the two are one and the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Yes I know. I have done some research on the subject as well. What is unclear is if it existed prior to Weishaupt and if so how far back does it go.. and was there any activity after the bavarian illuminati was taken down?
Also how can you trust anything being said now? There is no proof of any of it save only for the documents found in possession of the bavarian founder. But was that just a branch??

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Type in "illuminati" into google and see what you get.. that's about to the extent anyone of the regular folk will be able to find out..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The term "illuminati" is thrown around on these boards to label every group or ideal that a member feels is nefarious.

The truth is completely different.

Setting aside the Bavarian Illuminati for the moment, there are two distinct philosophies that evolved from the original Illuminist movement. Both "groups" still exist, although not in the classical sense of puppet-masters, or secret groups of billionaires planning earth's future.

The faction with whom I am familiar operates at a very subtle level. There are no huge global meetings or centralized leadership. Decisions are made organically and actions that are taken are the result of decisions being filtered through corporations, media or entertainment that result in public awareness, and it is hoped, action.

One example is the public exposure of genetically-modified food, harmful pesticides and economic terrorism perpetrated by someone like Monsanto.

Although nearly impossible to trace, the film "The Corporation" came into being through these types of channels.

Sometimes ideas are suggested to writers in the entertainment industry that might result in a 'novel' screenplay covering some new science-fiction concept. The vast majority of viewers of influenced films simply are entertained, while a few who are sensitive to the new ideas presented become inspired to research more about new technologies and discoveries.

The movement of humanity toward an enlightened and pure democratic state is the end-game. The absence of war, disease, mitigation of disaster, and an awakened realization of our true purpose, which is to care for others. This will not be realized for many lifetimes but there are those who remain just out of sight moving perceptive humans along.

---

On the other side of the schism there are those who've learned that the techniques discussed about can be used for ANY purpose, not just peaceful ones. These "cells" often actively seek out disenfranchised and outspoken personalities and give them the avenue to broadcast their discontent, often reeling in others.

Whether the discontent itself is meaningful in any way, it almost always draws attention from the real purpose of this group, which is to secure resources, power, territory and allegiance. They work only to benefit themselves, and may not even be evil people, just misguided.

-----

Anyway groups outside of the two described who are referred to as "Illuminati" have nothing to do with actual events and people associated with the original Illuminist movement.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I think if you start with the names of families tied to the Bavarian Illuminati, and trace who they are and who their family members became.

I would imagine there isn't a group called the Illuminati, but the ideals and concepts between the generations of families has been forever clear.

Control the wealth, buy and control every flow of information, keep the masses simple and your families enlightened and you keep the wealth forever. Not that big of a conspiracy if you ask me, just calculated long term strategies of control.

Besides that there is the possibility these folk are hiding the true origin of mankind as well as the truth to whether we had advanced technology and knowledge in the ancient times.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

i happen to know that there is no proof the illuminati ever existed and that it was just something made up by a writer as par of his novel

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

You happen to know, or you know?
edit on 24-4-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If the Illuminati actually exist and are as powerful as it has been mentioned over the years I do not think anyone other than actual members would know the truth and history behind them.

link   
No, the group of "illuminati" was definitely formed in 1776, Bavaria... to the extent it reaches today is disputed however...

link   

reply to post by rexusdiablos

Yes I know. I have done some research on the subject as well. What is unclear is if it existed prior to Weishaupt and if so how far back does it go.. and was there any activity after the bavarian illuminati was taken down?
Also how can you trust anything being said now? There is no proof of any of it save only for the documents found in possession of the bavarian founder. But was that just a branch??
See, that's the thing. It DIDN'T exist prior to Weishaupt, and there's nothing to suggest that it's existed in any continuous form SINCE Weishaupt. So the Bavarian Illuminati was a group of enlightenment era pseudo-anarchists who thought that the church and the king both held too much power. They existed from 1776 to ~1785. End of story.

Now, to a Conspiracy Theorist, the word "Illuminati" is used as a boogey man to scare children at night. Every permutation of the Powers That Be is improperly labeled Illuminati.

Are there organizations pulling the strings? Sure. Trilateral Commission; CFR; Bildebergers; the guys at the Bohemian Grove; are all good candidates, and not even necessarily the same people (so maybe they're at odds with each other... who knows?)

But Illuminati has nothing to do with what's going on in the world in the last 200+ years.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

there was some documentary i saw where they talked about this but for the life of me i cant remember it. all i know is it had something to do with the angels and demons movie. ill try to see what i can find, its not easy because of all the conspiracy posts there are on this group. but yes there has been proof of societies like the free masons and others but where is th illuminati evidence

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It is too much to say the "The Illuminati never existed" without proper proof of
statement.
For me the higher end of the Masons is a good place to start, when seeking the truth
regarding the Illuminati. just my opinion of course.
edit on 24-4-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Who is the author and what is the novel, please?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

ok, let me rephrase what i said every group who was accused of being the illuminati, was just part of some other group. as for the concept of a certain secret society controling the earth today that is alot more difficult to tell. but as far as midevil/renassonce secret societies go there is no proof they existed(there may have been a few meetings but it never kicked oof) or that they survived to the present day

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

once again this will take me some time i saw the show almost two years ago , i remember very little about it and its not easy to find

if i cant find by the end of the day than ill admitt that i dont have the proof i need and stop arguing till i find it
edit on 24-4-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I would be very interested to know, since Vernon Stauffer wrote about the Bavarian Illuminati in 1918.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join