It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Emotional speech to Congress.....Revolution. Awesome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This speech to Congress by Ron Paul is awesome, he talks of the nightmare, the insanity, the psychopathy and the need to turn this around.....through revolutionary changes.

This man has some courage. I pray that he remains safe.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-4-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great amount of truth. Questions are: Who or what created these chaotic problems and who or what will end up footing the bills?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What an amazing man..

I pray the people see what they have in their hands before its too late....he is the world's only hope...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would have loved it even more if it was recent.

But S+F nonetheless because it was a great speech from a great man.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
God Bless Ron Paul.
He's probably the ONLY politician in DC that says what he actually believes.
That takes integrity.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I just hope the American people will sit up and take notice of what Ron Paul says.
He and Dennis Kucinich seem to be the only men in congress that see what the people of America...and the world want.
Unfortunately, there`s too many people that need to wake up.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wish we had someone like him in the UK>.>
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow...That was a very refreshing speech of truth..I hope Ron Paul goes all the way in 2012, but I won't hold my breath..=/...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I wish we had someone like him in the UK>.>
2nd line.

I do too.
I post his videos on my Facebook so that my friends can get to see that not all US politicians are not corrupt.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The music makes the speech that much better! A speech is just a speech without supporting music. The music brings the emotion to the speech!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I live in hope the US public see's this man for what he is. God willing this man makes an impression further more on the population that vote in that country. Go Ron !!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is amazing! I wish we had an equivalent in Britain, even though my views on economics aren't quite the same as his, any common sense candidate would be a breath of fresh air and would hopefully eject some new life into politics. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is one of two politicians that I trust, the other is Dennis Kucinich.

But Ron is #1 in my opinion,

Founding father status clearly.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This man has been fighting the good fight for over 30 years. It took him this long for a substantial amount of likeminded intelligent people to hear his message. He is surrounded by greedy, ignorant, self serving fakes. Hear his words, hear the truth he speaks- this is what our elected officials are supposed to be. Someday when he is gone we will desperately need more people like him to continue the fight for liberty. He is a messenger for truth and freedom. The selfish elite fear what he represents, and rightly so. He speaks for common sense, the common man, the common interest. Do not forget the message. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I wish we had someone like him in the UK

You do. You have UKIP, Nigel Farage, and Daniel Hannan. Their political philosophy mirrors that of Ron Paul.

Godfrey Bloom UKIP

Danel Hannan (Tory but ideologically libertarian like Ron Paul)

Nigel Farage UKIP

edit on 23-4-2011 by Smack because: eta quote

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I really feel like Ron Paul is one of the only politicians in the US that really puts the interest of the people at the forefront of his thought process. I hope he stays active in politics for a long time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Hannan is a decent representative of many people in the country, much more of a conservative than the current lot anyway, though his views on the NHS are a bit dodgy, privatisation of one of Britain's greatest public services won't go down well with many people, the last thing we need is to have healthcare costs go through the roof like they have in America . Farrage on the other hand, his party are something along the right lines but are veering more and more towards a type of populist nationalism which I have long left behind. Opposing green energy, increasing Islamophobia within the party, wanting to limit the personal freedom of Muslims in the country (UKIP are the main party calling for a burka ban) as well as supporting Geert Wilders (they invited him over here to show his anti Islam movie in the house of lords!) and his authoritarian, xenophobic ideas is hardly an ideal libertarian vote.
With their recent expansion into populist nationalism, anti-green policies, their MEP's lining their pockets with tax payer money and providing support for some of the policies of some pretty dodgy European politicians they definately aren't the party for me and not what I would consider an equivalent to Ron Paul or a sound libertarian vote.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Thank you for your perspective. I will do some research on what you've said.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

No problem, I'm not writing UKIP or the few conservatives with views like Hannan off completely, they're a far cry better than what we have now but I think the sort of ideas they (UKIP) push could very easily lead to a situation where isolation from the rest of the world would have a negative effect on us.
Their election posters and billboards during the General Election were mostly focused upon immigrants and pandering to the popular prejudice of today which is all too prevalent in society. They've been noted recently to call for a five year freeze on all immigration and their vocal support for policies driven by a media led campaign against Islam etc. To me a libertarian is supposed to support an open and fair society where everyone is given maximum liberty and a chance to succeed (immigrants as well). Somehow I feel if UKIP got elected on the premise of their current message (even if it is just a ploy to attract the more disgruntled members of society who are likely to make a protest vote) then they would end up isolating our country instead of openning up opportunities for our citizens.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join