It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Emotional speech to Congress.....Revolution. Awesome.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think that those who are pointing the finger of suspicion at Ron Paul could just as easily follow their own advice. While it is good to ask questions and remain skeptical of ALL those in positions/potential positions of power, I believe that it is also possible to be zealously suspicious. Almost religiously antagonistic to any possibility that someone like Ron Paul... or anyone for that matter... may ACTUALLY be sincere in thought and deed.

With that said, it is true that 2008 should have taught everyone a valuable lesson. It is never good to allow oneself to be swept up in the hysteria of the masses. That type of frenzy feeds lemming-esque behavior, and there's usually a cliff somewhere in the distance.

I suppose my point is that I am cautiously optimistic about Dr. Paul. He strikes me as genuine, and while I don't blindly subscribe to his every suggestion, I can safely say that were he to run for President in 2012, I'd be likely to vote for him, barring some unforeseen and unsavory revelation.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

One word: Obama. A lot of people thought that he would be the agent of change. Almost like a savior. From my viewpoint it was almost surreal just how much attention and fame he garnered in a relatively short amount of time. After Obama, I think people owe it to themselves to be as suspicious of a person in power as they want to be.

Of course, being able to view a person's track record, past achievements and whatnot certainly helps in lessening said skepticism.

To summarize, if a person likes what they read on this wiki page: en.wikipedia.org... then Ron Paul is the man for them.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by NatalinaEx

One word: Obama. A lot of people thought that he would be the agent of change. Almost like a savior. From my viewpoint it was almost surreal just how much attention and fame he garnered in a relatively short amount of time. After Obama, I think people owe it to themselves to be as suspicious of a person in power as they want to be.

Of course, being able to view a person's track record, past achievements and whatnot certainly helps in lessening said skepticism.

To summarize, if a person likes what they read on this wiki page: en.wikipedia.org... then Ron Paul is the man for them.

Clearly I agree with your assessment of Obama.. which is what I was referencing when I said this: "With that said, it is true that 2008 should have taught everyone a valuable lesson. It is never good to allow oneself to be swept up in the hysteria of the masses. That type of frenzy feeds lemming-esque behavior, and there's usually a cliff somewhere in the distance."

I perused the Wiki page you supplied although I did not read it in its entirety because I don't put a whole lot of stock in wikipedia as a source in general, what I did see... yep I tend to agree with. Non-intervention, border security, airline security etc... sounds about right.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247

Ron Paul 2012

Anyone who doesnt agree with what this man said is either being paid to post here or simply just doesnt get it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

i hope you are being sarcastic in what you said...

P.S. i can't believe ppl who would actually put all their trust into one man...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
For the record, I would like to state that it does bother me the way some Paul supporters say he would be our LAST HOPE or the SAVIOR of our Nation. No one person can be that. The President's power is limited. The best we can do is choose the candidate that with all of our investigative resources best lines up with what we believe is best of the Country. For me, that is looking like Ron Paul. Someone else may step in and impress me more, or Ron Paul may disappoint me. I have no illusions that any one man can either save or destroy us. It so happens that our own cynicism and ignorance has played a big role in our fate thus far. To blame it entirely on Obama or Bush or the man behind the curtain is in some ways passing the buck as we comfortably sit in front of our computers playing armchair politics.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkofCain
reply to post by AndrewJay

i hope you are being sarcastic in what you said...

P.S. i can't believe ppl who would actually put all their trust into one man...

I put all my trust into one man? I simply stated that what the man said in his speech was hard to disagree with. Nobody should put all their trust into one man nor should anyone look to the sky for a savior that may never come.

Paul wants to end The Fed. Thats all I need to know. I dont like being a slave to private banks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by raiders247

Ron Paul 2012

Anyone who doesnt agree with what this man said is either being paid to post here or simply just doesnt get it.

Amen Brother! I do have to give doubt a chance because there does seem to be some stupid(niave?) people out in this country.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
wonderful s and f

Ron Paul has been telling america for a long time what is going to happen and he has been right.

rEVOLution 2012

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join