It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote third party if you thought they could win?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And dont say no because they cant win

Just imagine to quote John Lennon, there is no big two or that all the parties where even

Who would you vote for?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Right now voting for a third party candidate is basically voting for the party. As they stand now, I don't know if some of the candidates are viable options. I am probably voting libertarian, but I'm not sure if Michael Badnarik is really the man for the job. If they started to get people with more experience in government and such then I would definitely hope more people would vote for them.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just a vote for the party at least sends a message to the others. I am talking about just pretending all the parties were equal

Who would you vote for

Me of course I will vote Libertarian

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If I liked the candidate: yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I never did get American politics, can some explain the parties that you can vote for
i use to think that it was only two parties, republican and democrats

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I never did get American politics, can some explain the parties that you can vote for

There are dozens of parties out there even if the media and the big two dont like to let you in on it.

Libertarians (mine)
Greens
Independents
Communist
And dozens of others you can vote for ANYONE you wish even if they are not on ANY ballot you can write them in.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Well many people would want you to think that's the way it is... But we have a multiparty system, not just Democrats and Republicans. We have other parties, some legitimate (Libertarians, Constitution, etc), and some are just foolish (the Weed party and etc).

I'd definitely vote libertarian if it was on equal grounds with the others.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
There are dozens of parties out there even if the media and the big two dont like to let you in on it.

Libertarians (mine)
Greens
Independents
Communist
And dozens of others you can vote for ANYONE you wish even if they are not on ANY ballot you can write them in.

Ah i see,
Thank you for explaining Amuk

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
[I'd definitely vote libertarian if it was on equal grounds with the others.

Your vote CAN put it on equal ground.

On this board alone I have talked to dozens if not hundreds of Libertarians, the same at work and other places

Whats funny is they all say the same thing, I would vote Libertarian but there is not enough to matter.

There is

Even if we did not win we would send a POWERFUL message to not only the big two but also others out there that think the same.

We may not be able to change the present too much but we CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The answer is yes, and I did in the last election.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Amuk, I know. I said I would "definitely" vote libertarian if they were on equal grounds. As it stands I'm most likely going to be voting libertarian. But your own question was based on all the parties being equal, so that's how I answered. I plan on voting libertarian so hopefully a few years down the road they'll grow larger and larger and actually have a chance.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Fasica

My post was more for the others that think it will do no good.

In your case I think I am preaching to the converted......LOL

The more of us that think that way the better

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you want to vote for them when they're bigger it won't happen. Votes shows that support is there and growing. The time to vote for them is NOW.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, I would vote for the Third Party, as I am planning on doing this time. I voted for Ralph Nader during the last election and will do so again this time around.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
If they started to get people with more experience in government and such then I would definitely hope more people would vote for them.

I am definately voting Libertarian, and part of the reason I like third-party candidates is that they DON'T have that much experience in politics (typically). What we don't need in office are more entrenched "good ol' boys" who will look after their political future more than the people. Politics should NOT be a career; serve a couple terms, and move on. Get a real job! I want to see real people in office, people who know what it's like to be a "commoner," what we care about, and who can best represent us. It disgusts me to see the corruption that infects every aspect of politics. We need a change, and it needs to be in every branch and level of government.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I want to see real people in office, people who know what it's like to be a "commoner," what we care about, and who can best represent us. It disgusts me to see the corruption that infects every aspect of politics. We need a change, and it needs to be in every branch and level of government.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a career politician. Just someone with a bit more experience than being the president of the PTA. Someone who knows about foreign policy, how our government works, etc. I'm thinking someone who's been a governer or a senator for a couple of years atleast. Some kind of higher-up office.

Granted having a common man candidate is good, but I want him to atleast know how to run a war, how to defend our country, and other kinds of things like that. Knowing what the people want and who the people are is only part of the overall package that is needed.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Would you vote third party if you thought they could win?

Yes I would if I thought the candidate was better than the other 2 choices.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Libertarian or Populist ALL THE WAY....

The issue then would be weighing the pros ans cons of both parties then figuring out which one is the winner...

But I would do the third party FOR SURE!

I want a line poll
*sniffle sniffle*

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So far we have 7 People that have said YES to a third party!! woohoo!

I bet the more people see this thread the more the numbers are going to get Higher!

#ing news channels and newspapers are so full of #......
And you know what really pisses me off??

Look HERE Is this not JOKE??
bastards...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am voting for the Libertarians even though I really don't think they can win this year's election, but a rock slide starts with a small pebble. I am content to be one of the small pebbles for the moment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join