It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Be Offended! Muslim Guy Calls In A Christian Show! Very Interesting Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A conspiracy of lies!

It's like an atheist called every christian on the planet and they all answered like this
But then again we could also say this to every believer of every other religion as well

My only point is that when the Vatican went through decades of edits by church elders it wasn't that much of a great effort, they created so many holes

Now i don't agree with the end of the caller's speech where he says that Quran is correct and the bible is not

But during the beginning of the show there were many good points made and I thought it was a good portrayal of all the holes in this book of division

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just another you tube video showing two people who are ignorant in scripture.

Not worth the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nice find...LOL, did that guy really say he made his own bible???

Anyone who doesn't see the glaring holes all throughout the Bible is a dummy!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Roflmao!!!!!!

I'm in tears!
That is so typical when I start asking questions
of my christian buddies.

Btw,I'm agnostic.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Btw,I'm agnostic.

there you go!

So am I

At the end of the day I find atheists and religious people to be the same, at different ends of the spectrum

To be agnostic is the most scientific and logical route to take

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Very good video. I think that there was some very interesting back and forth, and I think that the call would have never gotten that far if he would have mentioned the Quaran earlier. There is a time when those that feel that one or the other is wrong as far as religion/bible/prophets are concerned that when the time comes, no words/books or his-tory will matter.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm watching a movie right now. Can you generalize what the video was about?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I could come up with clear rebuttals for every question that caller had.

I will be clear that i am no a practicing member of any faith.

However, my understanding is that Jesus was gods creation ,a human being sent to bring Christianity to the people. While he spent time on earth, he was mortal, and could die like everyone else. And he did die. He then ascended to heaven.

Whether he joined god to become 1 entity again, i guess is the debate he is bringing up. Or was jesus a separate spirit all together? I'm not sure it really matters.

1) According to Holy Quran mountains prevent earthquake or the shaking of the earth.In Sura Al Al-Anbiyaa (Chapter 21 verse# 31)
It says
" And We have placed on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with them

If Mountains are there to stop the earth from shaking, then why do we see so many earthquakes in mountainous regions?. For example, Japan is a mountainous zone but it has 1500 earthquakes every year.'Shaking of the earth' and earth quakes mean the same thing right? Mountains are created because of the movement of tectonic plates. They do not stablize the earth or prevent shaking of the earth. This verse is clearly in error

2) The Quran In Sura Al Mulk (Chapter 67) Ayaat # 5 it says

"And We have adorned the lowest heaven with lamps,
and we have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans, ... "

So the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils? In order to not let them eavesdrop on the heavenly council?

The first ayaat says stars are lamps that is fine but lamps (stars) are not thrown at devils

3)Are men created from ejaculated liquid from backbone and ribs according to the Quran?
The holyQuran in Sura At Tariq ( Chapter 86 verse# 6-7) says

" He is created from a water gushing forth
Proceeding from between the back-bone and the ribs"

According to science there are two seminal vesicles behind the urinary bladder. The testicles produce only 5% of the semen. The seminal vesicles produce between 60 to 70% of the semen content per ejaculation. The seminal vesicles are located near the urinary bladder not between the backbone and ribs. So the verse is clearly in error. There was a Greek Physicist called Galen. He lived in 100 A.D he believed in the idea that men is created from ejaculated liquid gushing from backbone and the sperm.

4) Why does the Quran say Allah prevents the sky from falling into the earth?
The Holy Quran in Sura Al Hajj ( chapter 22 verse# 65) says

Pickthall:He holdeth back the heaven from falling on the earth unless by His leave. Lo! Allah is, for mankind, Full of Pity, Merciful.

As me know the sky is vast. So how can it fall into the earth?This sounds absurd.

Mohammad prescribed the camel's urine to be drunk by those having any illness.

He also said that if a fly falls into your soup or food, hold it by one wing and shake it well over the food before throwing it out and eating the food; because it carries poison under one wing and the antidote under the other.

He also said that Satan sleeps in the nostril of the Muslim.

And, he said that the evil djinn [genies] lie in wait for the unwary Muslim who takes a crap without saying a prayer and apologising to Allah for having taken the crap.

And, he said he rode upon a flying mule with a woman's head called al burraq.

There are a lot more the "Scientific" things that he said, but, this should suffice.

Do you see much chance of "Science" coming from all this?
edit on 22-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

islamcontroversy.blogspot.com... this website has some interesting info on the quran.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This guy is clueless hahaha!

Funny stuff man

Please post part 2

edit on 22-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sooooo many problems and conflicts could be solved and eradicated if there were
no religions.
That has been my belief since I was in bible school.
Believe in yourself and in your fellow human being.
Love and understanding = peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

'The modern theory of plate tectonics holds that mountains work as stabilizers for the earth. This knowledge about the role of mountains as stabilizers for the earth has just begun to be understood in the framework of plate tectonics since the late 1960's
[Geological Concept of Mountains p. 5]'
Modern science tells us that mountains often have 'roots' which extend far down several times greater than their elevation.

On the 'lamps' there are multiple theories as to what the meaning behind this is, one has to remember that in the abrahamic religion, events such as earthquakes, meteors etc are often considered to be signs of God's involvement with the universe. The black stone, an integral part of the Ka'aba is often hypothesised to be a meteorite (missle?) which descended to earth from the heavens to mark the spot where God's temple was to be built (and we have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans), it could be a reference to this black stone which was to serve as a focal point for the 'true' monotheistic faith destroying the worship of devils?
lamps can also be seen as being an obvious reference to their use within the Arabian desert and throughout the world at that time as a means for guidance and navigation etc.

One has to bear in mind that the language used in the Quran whilst poetically amazing is also meant to be understood by the least scholarly of people, (assuming it is the exact word of God as spoken through the prophet Muhammad it would make no sense for God to send his final revelation in such a way that it not be understood by humanity)

The next part about the sky falling etc is just a simple metaphor for Allah being the 'sustainer of the universe'
bear in mind the Quran was meant to be simple enough for the unlearned men of the time of the prophet to understand.

On the points you make about Muhammad and his talk of using Camel urine and milk as a source of health

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One of the most important things for which camels are raised is their milk, which is efficacious in treating many illnesses, including hepatitis, and the digestive system in general, various types of cancer and other diseases.

In an article by Dr Ahlaam al-‘Awadi, which was published in al-Da’wah magazine, issue no. 1938, 25 Safar 1425 AH/15 April 2004 CE, about the diseases which can be treated with camel’s milk, as proven by experience, it says that there are many benefits in camel’s milk. There follows some of what was said in the article by Dr. Ahlaam:

Camel’s urine is efficacious in the treatment of skin diseases such as ringworm, tinea and abscesses, sores that may appear on the body and hair, and dry and wet ulcers. Camel’s urine brings the secondary benefits of making the hair lustrous and thick, and removing dandruff from the scalp. Camel’s milk is also beneficial in treating hepatitis, even if it has reached an advanced stage where medicine is unable to treat it. End quote.

In the al-Jazeerah al-Sa’oodiyyah newspaper (issue no. 10132, Rabee’ al-Awwal 1421 AH) there is a quotation from the book Al-Ibl Asraar wa i’jaaz (The camel: secrets and wonders) by Darmaan ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal Darmaan and Sanad ibn Mutlaq al-Subay’i:

As for camel’s urine, the book suggests that it has numerous uses which are beneficial for man. This is indicated by the Prophetic texts and confirmed by modern science … Scientific experiments have proven that camel’s urine has a lethal effect on the germs that cause many diseases."

^^^ this is content from www.islam-qa.com... -

Far from mentioning the various other parts of the Quran which while to many they may not signify divine revelation they are quite amazing given the date of their recital and composition..

- Human embryotic development

- The origins of the universe

- The formation of lightning in the atmosphere

- The functions of the brain

All of this and more is alluded to throughout the Quran in the simple langauge making reference common objects of the time with which the simplest of people could understand the message which the Quran put forth. You can't just take content from one or two sources about a religion and simply dismiss it all as made up and not without value.

What has to be recognised is that within all religious texts there are contained within, clues about human knowledge of the world/universe at that time. All religions in one way or another will absorb various theories, views on human anatomy as well as astronomy and spirituality based on the culture within which they develop. Hence why Islam bears quite striking similarities to many of the now lost Arabian Christian and Jewish sects which were prevalent in the days of the prophet Muhammad.
The only thing which makes Islam different as opposed to Christianity + Judaism is that it is unchanged. Both modern Chritianity and modern Judaism have developed within cultures where they were actively persecuted and or misguided to fit in with their contemporary culture. The same would have happened to Islam if it had not have been for it's establishment before the founder/prophets death. Who knows maybe in a thousand years if humanity lasts long enough if the Islamic faith survives it will probably be completely different to the Islamic faith we see nowdays, much like the Judaism of 2000 years ago or the various sects of Christianity which existed before it's acceptance as the official faith of the Roman/Byzantine empire.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: ETA

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
One Verse That Proves the Quran is False

"And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, (you should know that) their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet..." Quran 65:4, Maududi translation

The explanatory footnote reads, "They may not have menstruated either due to young age, or due to delayed menstrual discharge as it happens in the case of some women, or no discharge at all throughout life which, though rare, may also be the case. In any case, the waiting-period of such a woman is the same as of the woman who has despaired of menstruation, that is, three months from the time of pronouncing the divorce." [Italics mine]

We see here that the Quran is referring to pre-menstrual, pre-pubescent girls as sexual fair game. Scientifically speaking, this practice is dangerous. Children born to teenaged mothers have higher infant mortality, higher incidences of underdeveloped organs, low birth weight, bleeding in the brain, respiratory distress and intestinal problems (Sources: 1 and 2) Teen mothers are at greater risk for conditions such as toxemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, significant anemia, and placenta previa. The maternal death rate for mothers age 15 or younger is 60% greater than that of women in their 20s. (Source)

There is another Quranic verse that, like this, promotes another behavior which is dangerous and medically irresponsible. In this case, its incest:

"O prophet, we have made lawful to you those of your wives, whose dowers you have paid, and those women who came into your Possession out of the slave-girls granted by Allah, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and aunts, and of your maternal uncles and aunts, who have migrated with you, and the believing woman who gives herself to the Prophet if the Prophet may desire to marry her."
Quran 33:50, Maududi translation

Birth defects are common in the offspring of incestuous relationships. The British news media have occasionally discussed the problem of disproportionate rates of birth defects and genetic problems in the offspring of the United Kingdom's Pakistani population, due to its traditional practice of first-cousin marriage, which is not uncommon in the Islamic world. (link)

Excerpt:

"It is estimated that at least 55% of British Pakistanis are married to first cousins and the tradition is also common among some other South Asian communities and in some Middle Eastern countries...

Communities that practice cousin marriage experience higher levels of some very rare but very serious illnesses - illnesses known as recessive genetic disorders...

Myra Ali has a very rare recessive genetic condition, known as Epidermolisis Bulosa.

Her parents were first cousins. So were her grandparents.

'My skin is really fragile, and can blister very easily with a slight knock or tear,' she says."

edit: this website has interesting information www.answering-islam.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Though I find it amusing that others can find inconsistencies in the Quaran, is there not just as many in the bible? BTW, I am agnostic, but I do like to be aware of all the surround me.

Top 6 Incestuous Relationships In The Bible.

#6 Cain and his Wife
And Cain went out from the face of the Lord, and dwelt as a fugitive on the earth, at the east side of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived, and brought forth Henoch: and he built a city, and called the name thereof by the name of his son Henoch. [Genesis 4:16-17]

#5 Abraham and Sara
Howbeit, otherwise also she is truly my sister, the daughter of my father, and not the daughter of my mother, and I took her to wife. And after God brought me out of my father’s house, I said to her: Thou shalt do me this kindness: In every place, to which we shall come, thou shalt say that I am thy brother. [Genesis 20:12-13]

#4 Nachor and Melcha
And Thare lived seventy years, and begot Abram, and Nachor, and Aran. And these are the generations of Thare: Thare begot Abram, Nachor, and Aran. And Aran begot Lot. And Aran died before Thare his father, in the land of his nativity in Ur of the Chaldees. And Abram and Nachor married wives: the name of Abram’s wife was Sarai: and the name of Nachor’s wife, Melcha, the daughter of Aran, father of Melcha, and father of Jescha. [Genesis 11:26-29]

#3 Lot and his Daughters
And the elder said to the younger Our father is old, and there is no man left on the earth, to come in unto us after the manner of the whole earth. Come, let us make him drunk with wine, and let us lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the elder went in and lay with her father: but he perceived not neither when his daughter lay down, nor when she rose up. And the next day the elder said to the younger: Behold I lay last night with my father, let us make him drink wine also to night, and thou shalt lie with him, that we may save seed of our father. They made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in, and lay with him: and neither then did he perceive when she lay down, nor when she rose up. So the two daughters of Lot were with child by their father. [Genesis 19:31-36]

#2 Amram and Jochabed
The sons of Merari: Moholi and Musi. These are the kindreds of Levi by their families. 20 And Amram took to wife Jochabed his aunt by the father’s side: and she bore him Aaron and Moses. And the years of Amram’s life were a hundred and thirty-seven. [Exodus 6:19-20]

#1 Amnon and Thamar
And it came to pass after this, that Amnon the son of David loved the sister of Absalom the son of David, who was very beautiful, and her name was Thamar. And he was exceedingly fond of her, so that he fell sick for the love of her: for as she was a virgin, he thought it hard to do any thing dishonestly with her. [II Kings 13:1-2 ] And Thamar came to the house of Amnon her brother: but he was laid down: and she took meal and tempered it: and dissolving it in his sight she made little messes. And taking what she had boiled, she poured it out, and set it before him, but he would not eat: and Amnon said: Put out all persons from me. And when they had put all persons out, Amnon said to Thamar: Bring the mess into the chamber, that I may eat at thy hand. And when she had presented him the meat, he took hold of her, and said: Come lie with me, my sister. She answered him: Do not so, my brother, do not force me: for no such thing must be done in Israel. Do not thou this folly. [II Kings 13:8-12] But he would not hearken to her prayers, but being stronger overpowered her and lay with her. [II Kings 13:14]
listverse.com...

How could there possibly be a debate on something that happens in both cases? How can something be used against another, and not be prepared to also mention that it is written in both books?

Peace, NRE.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It seems my point was lost on you when I replied...
You can't just cherry pick a few pieces of disgusting content or a few inconsistencies from a text and then write the rest of it off as nonsense. That's one of the main things that annoy me about religious people, they are willing to put full faith into their own texts and ignore any discrepencies yet when someone presents something a bit different all they can do is find fault in it's origins or it's messages. Like the person who phones up in this video, he is intentionally trying to make the host an idiot (granted the host did not know much about the subject matter) yet he'd quickly be on the defensive if you provided these quotes from the Quran also. One has to realise that all religous texts, regardless if they come from God or not, were told and collected by people, therefore they will have the faults of people also. Culture is what ruins religion, not the message. I can look at the teachings of Jesus and find verses just as beautiful as verses in the Quran or the Torah. Yet at the same time I could easily pick up one of these books and find a verse to support war, genocide, murder, torture, deception. The overall message in all religions relates to peace and harmony, but there will always be someone waiting to turn it into a message of hate, whether they are a follower of the faith or a foe of the faith.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: change my point

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, common practice or not, God would have known that it's unhealthy for the genetic code health of the people to have incestuous relationships.

And keep in my im not christian either. I don't discount there being a god, but i honestly find both christianity and islam ridiculous.

The book was there to keep order, and basically written based on the beliefs of the people in the area at the time. The same can be said about the bible.

There is other factors as well, such as people on deserted islands not being exposed to islam, or christianity, and when i ask religious people what hapepns to them, they say they automaticlaly go to heaven, or will be judged on their life.

Well, how lucky to be them it must be.

Apparently as soon as you "heard" of islam, or christianity, you must believe it or go to hell.

Totally ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Exactly, as I've said in my other post, all religions (whether you believe in God or not) come from men, men with flaws and cultural practices and they are contained with the faith they preach as well as the religious texts attributed to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Fair enough, I also have no religion but we have to accept that peoples' religious beliefs are never going to disappear, for that reason it's better off that people concentrate on the good and the uniting factors of their beliefs rather than on the violent or repulsive content some religious texts contain.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i star'd you for that last response ,as i do share that view. and although i find myself harbouring resentment towards people who seem to have blind faith, i definitely agree on your points of focusing on the good and not the negative. and i worked with a very devout muslim who told me islam is a religion of peace. I haven't read the quran, but it seems a lot of people think it is a very violent religion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That was bit funny

BUT this is serious
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

It seems my point was lost on you when I replied...
You can't just cherry pick a few pieces of disgusting content or a few inconsistencies from a text and then write the rest of it off as nonsense. That's one of the main things that annoy me about religious people, they are willing to put full faith into their own texts and ignore any discrepencies yet when someone presents something a bit different all they can do is find fault in it's origins or it's messages. Like the person who phones up in this video, he is intentionally trying to make the host an idiot (granted the host did not know much about the subject matter) yet he'd quickly be on the defensive if you provided these quotes from the Quran also. One has to realise that all religous texts, regardless if they come from God or not, were told and collected by people, therefore they will have the faults of people also. Culture is what ruins religion, not the message. I can look at the teachings of Jesus and find verses just as beautiful as verses in the Quran or the Torah. Yet at the same time I could easily pick up one of these books and find a verse to support war, genocide, murder, torture, deception. The overall message in all religions relates to peace and harmony, but there will always be someone waiting to turn it into a message of hate, whether they are a follower of the faith or a foe of the faith.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: change my point

I totally agree with YOU sir , i have just read the full content and amazingly it makes perfect sense

top topics

<<   2 >>

join