It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the 4th Spatial dimension "opening up" be the big change in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Scientists say there might be 10 or 11. I'll go with that for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by BigBrotherBear

Umm... Well, a 4th spatial dimension sounds like pseudo science.

Space is made up of 3 dimensions. Up/down, forward/backward, left/right. This cant be changed without changing the whole concept of space.

You didn't read the article, did you?

Time is another dimension, and it is essentially the experience of space at different points.

Consciousness, is the 5th dimension.
And saying this isn't pseudo science? Source please?

Thus, it would make more sense for you to say that consciousness will have a greater impact on this lower dimension of reality - of space and time, rather than time, which is the 4th dimension.

An enhanced spiritual awareness of reality within physicality would initself somewhat change our experience of time and space.
More mumbo-jumbo.

Okay. well forget I said "love", and just say light. Light is real. Love is real too, and these are things that become expanded in the 4th dimension of expansion. In regards to light, which appears to be what u know of, maybe you've heard that in NDE people can see colors that know one ever knew existed. Maybe you don't believe in NDEs. Maybe you just think its a chemical reaction. Maybe I think its a chemical reaction, but it is nevertheless substantial. Maybe you don't believe in life after death. But you are more than just your body, you are a cell on the body of the planet earth, and your death is isignificant to the life of your greater body (earth). Therefore, from that perspective you never died. Because you are the earth.

Maybe you don't buy into that either. Maybe you need to open your mind some more then.
Or, maybe you need to close your mind before your brain falls out. And, no, I don't buy into any of this stuff.

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by User8911

Scientists say there might be 10 or 11. I'll go with that for now.
Correct. String and M-theory postulate a 10 spatial and 1 temporal dimension (4 expanding, 6 contracting), but the other 6 are curled into Calabi-Yau manifolds.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by BigBrotherBear

Originally posted by User8911
I don't think we can see the 5th dimension before we control the 4th one and so on.
1st : Sound
2nd : Light
3rd: Physical matter
4th: Time

Interesting dream. But, where are you getting that Sound and Light are "dimensions"?

1. (spatial) Length
2. (spatial) Height
3. (spatial) Depth
4. (temporal, non-spatial) Time

4. (spatial) - ??
edit on 22-4-2011 by BigBrotherBear because: Tim Allen grunt

You know how everything exists with a frequency and how sound at the right hertz can distort light or even break matter. Paranormal phenomena can be sounds from electrical source or "ghosts", which is light that can't really reach the 3rd dimension properly. Of course this all speculation

I think we had it all wrong with length, height, depth...
Existence can not be just a length, but it can be just sound or just light.
That's why I believe that the 3rd dimension is physical matter.

All there really is is light. When you look at someone or something, you aren't really looking at "them", you are looking at light reflecting off of the surface of "them" and being received by your eyes converting the light to electrical signals that your brain "INTERPRETS" to be "them".

Now you can see that everything you see is light transformed through the filter of your brain to show you what it wants you to see.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherBear

Sepher Yetzirah.

Even the idea of 10 dimensions, 6 hidden, 4 revealed is an idea take directly from the Kabbalah.

In anycase, how can it be considered "mumbo Jumbo". Do we experience space in its 3 dimensions of height, length and depth? YES. Do we experience time? YES. Do we experience consciousness? YES. There you go. 5 dimensions, experientially verifiable. Each a 'dimension' of human reality. One no more real than any other.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I'm sorry, it's not "reflecting" off of them. The particles that make up their body are constantly emitting photonic radiation, whether that be a particle-wave duality or not, your brain DOES interpret the light and form a picture. But that does not mean the the particles that make up their body are photons (light).

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This thread demonstrates perfectly how there is no real basis(or coherent thought) for 2012, other than possibly an interesting astronomical observation, which is what the mayan calendar was based on. they never stated the world would end, and definitely didn't mention a 4th dimension. Crazies jump on the bandwagon and apply all of there crackpot theories and assumptions to a completely unrelated date. Sound is not a dimension, nor is light or "stationary"(standing still is a dimension....really?). And light is most definitely not love, it is composed of photons. I'm afraid those types of comments demonstrate the dire situation our educational system is in.

Study a cube, it demonstrates the principles of the 3 dimensions quite nicely.

"light is light".....................thank you captain obvious

OP I applaud you for wanting a scientific discussion and not "mumbo jumbo", however I'm afraid there is only the mumbo jumbo to be had in discussing 2012.

Any article that isn't empirical and independently verifiable is completely worthless. Even newspapers should be taken with a grain of salt, because the headlines are only designed to grab a readers attention. So that eliminates 99% of "sources" on this site.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

Thank you itsatrap, you summed it up nicely.

I do however see that, the fact that the Mayans did have a better understanding of the heliocentricity of our galaxy and the alignment of celestial bodies than even western "science" had in the early 17th century makes me think that they may have predicted SOMETHING. What that something is, or whether it is true we may never know.

I chose it as an arbitrary date, I'm sure some people came into the thread simply because of that.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry, it's not "reflecting" off of them. The particles that make up their body are constantly emitting photonic radiation, whether that be a particle-wave duality or not, your brain DOES interpret the light and form a picture. But that does not mean the the particles that make up their body are photons (light).

But without light, you wouldn't even exist. Without the source of light (star), hydrogen and helium would be the only elements that exist. Without hydrogen and helium, the star wouldn't exist. Maybe hydrogen and helium are gods. Maybe they are the first or the first and the second dimensions???

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There you go with Dimensions again. No, light is not a dimension, neither are particles. You are putting too much emphasis on this than needs to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but it bears relevance in this one.

Personally, I'm waiting for the day that humanity as a whole establishes organic telepathy, as opposed to what we have now, the synthetic, non organic, controlled by an outside source telepathy known as the internet. The day that happens, we truly will be living in a Golden Age, not to mention the megalomaniac control freaks in charge currently will get screwed over royally. I doubt a revolution would even be needed after that point, as TPTB will destroy THEMSELVES in a panic when they realize that they have lost power. Pride comes before the fall.

This type of telepathy is coming, that's why so many new age videos and articles stress that you harbor love as opposed to fear. Have no fear, and just let fear destroy itself so the rest of humanity can live in peace.

Also, this telepathy will be established from the heart and other chakras, seeing as the signals emitted between the neurons in your brain aren't powerful enough to leave your skulls, but the signals emitted from your chakras sure can! BTW, chakra is just a fancy word for powerful clusters of nerves located in several places along the centerline of your body, with a few located off the centerline, such as your hands for example.

I'm an empath.

Telepathy and telempathy will eliminate government and monetary control systems. Also, this post is relevant to my signature.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
This thread demonstrates perfectly how there is no real basis(or coherent thought) for 2012, other than possibly an interesting astronomical observation, which is what the mayan calendar was based on. they never stated the world would end, and definitely didn't mention a 4th dimension. Crazies jump on the bandwagon and apply all of there crackpot theories and assumptions to a completely unrelated date. Sound is not a dimension, nor is light or "stationary"(standing still is a dimension....really?). And light is most definitely not love, it is composed of photons. I'm afraid those types of comments demonstrate the dire situation our educational system is in.

Study a cube, it demonstrates the principles of the 3 dimensions quite nicely.

"light is light".....................thank you captain obvious

OP I applaud you for wanting a scientific discussion and not "mumbo jumbo", however I'm afraid there is only the mumbo jumbo to be had in discussing 2012.

Any article that isn't empirical and independently verifiable is completely worthless. Even newspapers should be taken with a grain of salt, because the headlines are only designed to grab a readers attention. So that eliminates 99% of "sources" on this site.

Thank you for insulting my intelligence. "any article that isn't emirical and independently verifiable is completely worthless". Well philosophy sometimes breeds science and some of today's technology is rooted in science fiction, so that is entirely your opinion. By "stationary", I meant stationary point. Maybe you don't have to like some of my ideas, and maybe they aren't all right, but at least don't throw me completely under the bus, save an arm or something. I'm just saying, don't dismiss everything you hear because some of what you hear you disagree with. You'll learn faster that way.

I love science, but I also love philosophy, and I just try to merge the two. Why don't you show a little more respect how bout it?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
BTW, we already live in 4 dimensions if you count time. The 5th dimension is merely what is experienced inside of us, what is introverted, as opposed to the outside and extrovert 4 dimensions. The 5th dimension is when humanity is connected on the inside as opposed to connected merely on the outside.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Masinger

It seems a lot of people are talking about meta (super) physical abilities opening up, which, if a fourth spatial dimension were to expand into our 3 spatial dimensions, it may allow things we've never dreamed possible.

Although some of what you said (chakras, etc) border on new ageish-ness, I do see that telepathy (what we think of it) or telepresence may be opened up if we can move through a fourth dimension between the three dimensions we see (hyperspace). I guess it's possible.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masinger
BTW, we already live in 4 dimensions if you count time. The 5th dimension is merely what is experienced inside of us, what is introverted, as opposed to the outside and extrovert 4 dimensions. The 5th dimension is when humanity is connected on the inside as opposed to connected merely on the outside.

No, no it isn't. You are mis-understanding spatial and temporal dimensions.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

There you go with Dimensions again. No, light is not a dimension, neither are particles. You are putting too much emphasis on this than needs to be.

You're probably right. Really I'm just trying to spark ideas so that others can take my ideas, consider them, and either elaborate on them, or come up with their own idea.

So lets get back to the matter at hand.

1. point
2. plane
3. volume
4.?

I say expansion and contraction of the universe. What say you?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All there really is is light. When you look at someone or something, you aren't really looking at "them", you are looking at light reflecting off of the surface of "them" and being received by your eyes converting the light to electrical signals that your brain "INTERPRETS" to be "them".

Now you can see that everything you see is light transformed through the filter of your brain to show you what it wants you to see.

Now this right here ^ is what Im talking about!!! lol LOVE how people can truly see what is and what is not before them.

edit on 22-4-2011 by MamaJ because: it did not quote...as I thought ;-)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Masinger

It seems a lot of people are talking about meta (super) physical abilities opening up, which, if a fourth spatial dimension were to expand into our 3 spatial dimensions, it may allow things we've never dreamed possible.

Although some of what you said (chakras, etc) border on new ageish-ness, I do see that telepathy (what we think of it) or telepresence may be opened up if we can move through a fourth dimension between the three dimensions we see (hyperspace). I guess it's possible.

The Vedics mention chakras, so I wouldn't exactly call that "new agey." I'm not offended btw. I have to agree with you though, 4th dimensional mobility would give us unheard of capability.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Masinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Expansion and contraction would be IN the 3 dimensions we see now. A 4th spatial dimension cannot, presently, be seen, just as a 2 dimensional being on a sheet of paper wouldn't understand UP and DOWN.

The 4th SPATIAL dimension would be as different to us as the Flatlanders flying through Spaceland.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Expansion and contraction would be IN the 3 dimensions we see now. A 4th spatial dimension cannot, presently, be seen, just as a 2 dimensional being on a sheet of paper wouldn't understand UP and DOWN.

The 4th SPATIAL dimension would be as different to us as the Flatlanders flying through Spaceland.

The 4th spatial dimension is basically what I mean by mobility in the 4th dimension.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Imagine standing outside the universe (if there is such a place) at a place where the light of the universe hasn't even had enough time to reach you yet. Imagine that you are very far away from the universe and suddenly a single point of light appears. Imagine you start moving towards the light and after a while you begin to notice that the light is getting bigger, and there is more to it than the single point that you originally thought it was. At this point you would see a plane of lights in a defined two dimensional shape. Now imagine travelling even further until you get to a point where you have entered the universe. Now you are seeing lights in all directions. This is the third dimensional awareness.

The fourth dimension is entirely speculative. I speculate that it is, as I have made clear, the simultaneous expansion and contraction of the universe.

Btw, Physical matter is a creation of stars (balls of light). If you believe in God the creator, and that God is love, and that stars (light) created physical matter, then this equates to light equals love. If you don't believe that God is love but you believe in God and you know that stars create physical matter, then you can still see how God is light.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join