It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the US is in debt because of slowly unfolding future events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So we all know the DOD black budget is around 2.2-2.5 trillion a year. Where does all this money go? I know Area 51 can not cost that much. What about the underground bunkers the DOD has been building since the 60s supposedly? I would just like to know why a soldiers life is only worth 450k? Give me something here. Some ideas what is going on.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Here is whats going on:

We have a bunch of barely functioning retard asshats in DC who spend our money irresponsibly.

Thats it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
the us is debt because we are spending too much money

over 2 trillion goto entitlements and if your saying 2.5 trillion for the sake of arguement lets run with it because i dont think its anywhere near that high.

the devaluation of the dollar is king followed buy tax revenue that has left this country meaning wealth has left this country

business and finance have left this country as well as advancements in technology that have also made jobs dissappear.

its all about jobs and finance in my opinion half the country works the other doesnt and this means the tax revenue that the government depends on is become more and more scarce.

but by all means forget what i just said and think we are just building secret undergrounds bases and underground fema camps.

feel free to come to the conclusion of you wish
edit on 21-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I get that we have school children for leaders. I would just like to know where the money is going?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

2.5 trillion for the DOD black budget alone? Can you back up that figure with proof? I don't think we all know it.
www.abovetopsecret.com... in fact, here is a link right to our own ATS site, cited from another source claiming the figure is under 60 billion. BIG difference!.
edit on 21-4-2011 by jaxnmarko because: cited source

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Project Camelot isn't bull#. You should read up on it sometimes. Do you really think the US government would report it's real spending? Do you think if the civilian population knew they were spending that kinda money they would be ok with it? Oh right..they would because they dont care.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I know it is unpopular to say anything nice about the federal reserve system,
but with your indulgence I would like to do so only to throw some light on our polticians.

Without a seperate entity charging interest on the money spent by a government
we would have a situation like the middle ages
where everytime the country was broke the peasants would be blamed and squeezed.

With a federal reserve system that is seperated from our political representatives in Washington D.C.
the squandering of our treasury can only be hidden for so long before creative book keeping starts to fracture.

What I find interesting is how many people blame the Fed for keeping record of our debt
and not the representatives who, over generations, have squandered it.

/ok I'm done. We may now resume our regularly schedualed broad brush anger strokes.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
So we all know the DOD black budget is around 2.2-2.5 trillion a year.

Well, you don't speak for everyone here, because I don't know that to be true. Maybe so, maybe not. I do know it's insanely large, so sure...let's roll with that figure.

Where does all this money go? I know Area 51 can not cost that much. What about the underground bunkers the DOD has been building since the 60s supposedly?

I think it's reasonable to assume that some of the black ops budget is used for the underground networking systems. Besides that, my guess is that a good chunk goes into space projects we never hear about, AI we can't imagine could possibly already exist, and various mind-control gadgets and gizmos.

I would just like to know why a soldiers life is only worth 450k? Give me something here. Some ideas what is going on.

Oh that's an easy one. Soldiers are viewed as cannon-fodder to the elite. They are peons in a chess game. Why would the elite compensate to a large degree, the families of individuals who were stupid enough to fall for their propaganda? Peons are only counted as one point in the game.
edit on 22-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yes, I did read up on Project Camelot from the 60's, about how to protect a government from violent overthrow.. but again... where do you come up with your figure? And no, I don't believe everything the government tells us, and black budget especially.... I don't think for one second they even tell the President everything.... they only last 4 to 8 years! Other people in power are there far longer... all I asked was for you to back up what you said, 'nuff said.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

2.5 Trillion Black budget? You say that is common knowledge, but I don't think so. I've heard that before but never seen a reliable source. There was a multi-trillion dollar hole announced on September 10, 2001 (absolutely perfect timing for such an announcement of course), but that was over a period of years, not an annual budget. I seem to remember the official black budget being something like 50 billion dollars, which is a truly monumental amount! I suppose they could get a few times that through accounting fraud and covert narcotics operations.

Most government accounting can be explained by Milton Freedman as quoted by brilliant economist Daniel Mitchell in his recent blog entry:

Source: www.cato-at-liberty.org...

Milton Friedman was right when he said that, “In the long run government will spend whatever the tax system will raise, plus as much more as it can get away with.” In other words, if politicians think they can get away with deficits averaging, say, 5 percent of GDP in the long run, then the the only impact of higher taxes is an equal amount of additional spending – while still retaining deficits of 5 percent of GDP.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

So we all know the DOD black budget is around 2.2-2.5 trillion a year. Where does all this money go? I know Area 51 can not cost that much. What about the underground bunkers the DOD has been building since the 60s supposedly? I would just like to know why a soldiers life is only worth 450k? Give me something here. Some ideas what is going on.

Defense has jumped significantly over the last decade. It was increased by more than $1 trillion. Billions go into black op projects then we have billions of military aid ($4 billion yearly to Israel). The military industrial complex is profitable for business and nobody dares stand against it. Military has not been cut in decades... it's pathetic...

Then we have the mismanagement of social services such as medicare, medicaid. At the moment they assume 30% of government spending. There needs to be reformed in how these programmes are managed. Debt clock is 14 trillion now... unbelievable. This president and congress have no backbone to make the cuts necessary and rise the taxes, this is the only way we'll bring down debt.

new topics

top topics

join