It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper Wins His Majority!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, you get my S&F for a fine prediction Boncho, regardless of how I like the outcome. Way to call it!

Hello Fortress NA ... Hooray.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Attack ads, American style, made the difference.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Well, you get my S&F for a fine prediction Boncho, regardless of how I like the outcome. Way to call it!

Hello Fortress NA ... Hooray.

Not happy with the turnout, but as I expected.

Now is the time to find out how it happened....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This election was so rigged!! How could so many people vote for the conservatives after what they have done to this country? Say hello to the north american union. Down with the Harper Government!

I voted Green party but my vote didn't seem to make a difference
edit on 2-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What a great day. We got rid of Osama Bin Laden, Michael Ignatieff, Gilles Dusceppe, and possibly the Bloc Quebecois all in the same 24 hours.

Great day for USA and Canada.

Jack Leyton actually has a personality, and will hold Stephen Harper in check much better than Michael Ignatieff ever did.

Looks like Bob Rae will finally get his shot at being Liberal Leader.
edit on 2-5-2011 by babybunnies because: Spelling

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ok,

so let us know how this all happened... b/c I still don't know how harper got a conservative government.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I started a thread on this very thing last night after his national speech.
USA are you messing withe the Canadian election?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Yup, they made people want to vote for Jack Leyton after Liberals and Conservatives ran attack ads against him, and he didn't respond in kind.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OH goody! More taxes...someone pass the Vaseline, we are gonna NEED it for the next five years .....I can NOT believe this CRAP ........ BLAH.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

Originally posted by UcDat

Originally posted by Dendro

Hell NO to Harper and a majority government. He needs to be ousted and now!

If Canada had compulsory voting Harper wouldn't stand a chance.

yep i hope he gets a minority at best but here in alberta the conservatives are going to win as always. tho it dont hurt them that our local conservative rep is a stand up guy.
still we're voting green party cause TPTB wont even give them a seat at the table for the debates.

Honestly...why do you even bother to vote if you waste it on the green party? and specifically, for the ridiculous reason you just mentioned (no presence during debates). If you are going to vote, why not make it count? Vote for one of the three parties (cons, libs or NDP) who actually have a shot at getting seats and changing our government....

reminds me of all those university students 'i'm voting green because blah blah save earth'... when they actually have a chance at possibly changing the outcome in their respective riding, they choose to waste the vote on the green party... don't bother voting.
edit on 4/22/2011 by porky1981 because: wasting vote on green party.

There is a reason the Green party isn't given the chance for televised debate and that is because they would tear apart every party. The liberals and conservatives are the same. The NDP is better but still not the solution. The green party is the only party that would actually do something for Canadians. They are the only party that has my support and I refuse to vote for a scumbag

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The one thing I will say, is that it is nice Layton actually got a spot after so long being on the backburner. I don't think it will make a difference, in fact, he will probably end up a whipping boy.... but, at least it looks nice in the public eye.

Cancer survivor goes on to be leader of the opposition...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, I was looking for that.

Gah, I'm so disgusted!!! Saw it coming though. I commented to my dad a while back telling him I expected the Cons to call an election soon to take advantage of their 'success' in dealing with the financial crisis by keeping all the fakery going. I said I expected them to call one fairly soon while the going was good and they had their best chance of locking in a majority.

Oh well. At least when this all blows up it will be fully and indisputably Harper's fault.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter
reply to post by boncho

Much more to this charade than we could ever know at the moment.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ok boncho so please tell us your thoughts, you said you would once the majority was called.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Unfortunately, I'd agree. Harper's run a pretty sleazy campaign. But it works.

Tories I've known have been the most brainless ideologues. Guess the stock market bumping around 14K didn't hurt either. See how long that lasts now.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Jessica6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
reply to post by boncho

ok boncho so please tell us your thoughts, you said you would once the majority was called.

I wanted to do some more research on it, but from what I heard the way corporate sponsorships work, it has something to do with that. But I need to look into it.

There has been the maneuvering with attack ads, and American style politics... But there is a lot more under the surface, I have to look into it more.

Sorry for the anti-climactic response. Just don't want to say anything until I have a better idea.

Bottom line: Harper should not have a majority, and a lot of work went into getting him one.

Speculative: I think he knew he had it long before the election was called. He has cronies and enemies in his own cabinet and he has the same all the way across party lines. I think this goes much deeper than most people realize and it will likely involve some old families in Canada.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well Harper needed an election before the stimulus spending was done and thus the economy start to shrink as we all knew would happen once the stimulus spending was done. You could see him goading the opposition into defeating him 6 months ago. The budget was put forth knowing the opposition would defeat it thus calling an election. Now that he has his majority watch him retract from his projections of surplus by 2014 and all the other BS campaign promises the CONS put forth.

There hasn't been a Conservative gov't able to run a surplus in over 60 years. Why would this one be any different? It's kind of hard to get into the black when you keep cutting taxes and increasing spending. Precisely what Harper has done over the last 6 year and will continue to do now that he has a majority.

Get READY middle class....you're about to receive a good anal raping by the Conservative Majority.

Tax cuts for the rich and corps and screw the rest!

Deez

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Darn.

I hate a majority government.

To those saying the elections were rigged i doubt it.
The liberals would had way more seat lol.

Personally, i'm happy with Quebec voting NDP.
I hope they start a new trend, east of the country.
We just dont want a payback time from the torries,
to fuel all the remain of the Bloc to the Parti Quebecois
and start with that sovereignty thing all over again.
I just hope not.

oh and i forgot to add a comment to a post.
About voting for the green party.
NDP was considered so crapy where i lived, 6-8 years ago.
Exactly the same as the green party now.
And i remember last election when discussing NDP votes
someone had the same argument.
So green or orange? your vote count.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Agree 100% that this was set up..I find it interesting they called a no confidence vote when the liberal leader, Ignateiff, agreed with Harper on alot of things. We need to keep digging on this and see what we can find. There is no way Harper should of gotten a majority. Please keep us informed if you find any info. I know the Green party didn't have an media coverage but I think they should of done much better then they did. We Canadians cannot except this, he stole the election!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
There has been the maneuvering with attack ads, and American style politics... But there is a lot more under the surface, I have to look into it more.

Speculative: I think he knew he had it long before the election was called. He has cronies and enemies in his own cabinet and he has the same all the way across party lines. I think this goes much deeper than most people realize and it will likely involve some old families in Canada.

Most Canadians have zero clue what Harper has really done vis a vis the housing bubble. They don't understand how he has allowed banks to offload ALL their risk onto the CMHC and will happily give a teaser rate mortgage to anyone with a pulse - the SAME subprime crap that they pretended never happened here but 'only in the US'.

So all these idiots have been bragging about their home equity and leasing BMWs and Mercedes and gorging on cheap credit while carrying on like they are kings of the world.

Their bubble will burst along with the condos and big box suburbs.

The banks have been quietly been rolling over commercial debt too. There have been many retailers go under too but they barely get reported.

Media collusion? Yep. Big time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join