It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper Wins His Majority!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by boncho

Agree 100% that this was set up..I find it interesting they called a no confidence vote when the liberal leader, Ignateiff, agreed with Harper on alot of things. We need to keep digging on this and see what we can find. There is no way Harper should of gotten a majority. Please keep us informed if you find any info. I know the Green party didn't have an media coverage but I think they should of done much better then they did. We Canadians cannot except this, he stole the election!

I was job-hunting back in February. Elections Canada was hiring THEN.

On top of that I have a relative who works for one of the Ministries. Desperately understaffed they were supposed to hire a bunch of people. So they lined up a bunch of interviews when an order came down from on high to stop immediately. That was in January I think...

So yeah, it was planned well in advance. Let's not even get started on how biased the media are here.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

I find it interesting they called a no confidence vote when the liberal leader, Ignateiff, agreed with Harper on alot of things.

Not only that but Iggy has never been in a good spot in the public eye, the Libs knew that, the opposition knew that. For them to do what they did was a dumb move, and it was a widely known dumb move.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

It's funny you mention that because I too was job hunting. I'm 19 and had just quit my job at Tim hortons and filled out the application online and got a number and everything. But I never even heard back from them. When I called they said all positions had been filled but it was like a month before the period of employment began. And they were hiring like 35,000 across Canada or something like that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I find it interesting they called a no confidence vote when the liberal leader, Ignateiff, agreed with Harper on alot of things.

Not only that but Iggy has never been in a good spot in the public eye, the Libs knew that, the opposition knew that. For them to do what they did was a dumb move, and it was a widely known dumb move.

Yes, I was going to mention that as well. He seemed like a terrible choice when the liberals actually had a good shot at maybe getting a minority. I think that's why we seen so many vote for the NDP and Liberals lose so many seats. It's almost like they went along with tanking their party so Harper could get his majority. One thing I'm not really sure on is where Jack Layton stands in all this. He seems like a honest guy but something tells me he isn't the solution.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

They could have gone coalition ages ago, they didn't though, they let it play out and switched sides during the process. At one point NDP was siding with CONs, so were Liberals. None of it made much sense.....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
May 2, 2011 Obituary

Today we lost a dear friend. Democracy was good to us Canadians, it let us know what our Government was up to and rules and laws were applied. Today we lost that to a Neo-Conservative party that showed us many times how it found these little laws and rules an inconvenience to their agenda. The good times we had with Democracy are now behind us. We must look to the dreary future where the Government won't tell us anything about what they are doing or what it costs. They will continue to break the law and hire convicted criminals to manage the inner workings of what use to be our Government.

Democracy will be sorely missed

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
One thing i mentioned that goes a lil bit in the direction of the above poster is that, with a neo con majority we might see TSA in canada's airport . I mean its safe to asume since nothing is surprising me anymore. Hope i'm wrong tho.

Another, rather funny, thing is the political experience of quebecs NDP newly elected candidates.

-Theres a 19 years old teen lol.
-Someone spend the whole campaign in Las Vegas and won, she was probably studying tho, like a good bunch of NDP candidates.
-Theres one that doesn't have a car, lol thats no biggie but still funny
-They had no visibility and ended up with over 100 seats.
-They woman in Las Vegas, stated, before the election. That she was'nt ready to represent her county.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join