It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper Wins His Majority!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Canada Votes May 2nd, 2011

Canadian Election

With the upcoming election just a few days away I thought I would post my prediction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99c19e725c3c.jpg[/atsimg]

I am calling for Harper to come out with his majority by a very narrow margin. I won't address why I think so, but I just wanted to post this before the election happens. If it does happen, I'll see if I can explain my position better.

*Disclaimer: Just so everyone knows, I do not want Harper to win, but it is my prediction. I have covered him before HERE

Feel free to post your own predictions about the election in this thread

edit on 21-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Hell NO to Harper and a majority government. He needs to be ousted and now!

If Canada had compulsory voting Harper wouldn't stand a chance.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

I agree with you on both accounts, unfortunately, that doesn't change my prediction.

And you bring up one of the most valid points in "voting". Seeing that just over 50% determine the outcome of the vote, and not all people vote, we are being represented by far less than 50% of the popular vote. Canada is even more skewed when minority governments are formed, because they can be represented by a party that has less than 50%.

Almost like mob rule, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It will be another rigged election...

Votes don't count... computers do.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
It will be another rigged election...

Votes don't count... computers do.

Shhh....

No discussing this until after the election.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and don't want my country to be aligned with some North American Union bull#, who do I vote for? I'm thinking Jack Layton, he seems like a stand up guy, but I'm not really fond of the idea of a coalition with that Michael douche and them Quebec bastards.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hells no friend, I hope you are wrong.
Harper has done enough damage to this great country and Ignatieff won't be any better.
Unless Layton pulls a rabbit from his shiny dome we might just see a referendum we *do not* want

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

You are eating up that separatist fear-mongering, eh?
I would rather a minority with the Bloc included than the NAU.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

yep i hope he gets a minority at best but here in alberta the conservatives are going to win as always. tho it dont hurt them that our local conservative rep is a stand up guy.
still we're voting green party cause TPTB wont even give them a seat at the table for the debates.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Hells no friend, I hope you are wrong.
Harper has done enough damage to this great country and Ignatieff won't be any better.
Unless Layton pulls a rabbit from his shiny dome we might just see a referendum we *do not* want

I hope I am wrong too. Some of the security bills that failed are guaranteed to get rehashed... And the groundwork that Harper is laying, is for a state that cares more about prosecuting its citizens than it does about protecting them.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I'm in BC and we are definitely not a Conservative province. Only a couple ever get elected. We are mostly NDP and Liberal... though it is looking like more and more people are leaning NDP Federally.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

i honestly dont think he has much of a chance at even gettin back in yet alone a majority

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by boncho

i honestly dont think he has much of a chance at even gettin back in yet alone a majority

Lets hope so

They seem to think the polls are in their favor:

The federal Conservatives sailed into the Easter weekend with billowing poll numbers that suggest they could win their coveted majority — with the NDP, not the Liberals, holding down second place. Read more: www.canada.com...

I wish I had taken a temp job at the polling stations, I saw the job lising being posted in the paper. Would've been nice to see how that process works.

edit on 21-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
no matter who the weiner is
you get prime ribister bilderberger
king - kingdom
empire - emperor
country...Oh! highL Harper...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

polling sounds like a good job..
vlad the impaler was good with poles
Evil smirk smiley here

talk about using the polls to set a good example
to keep the politicians
er
straight...

hey those new exray scanners would add a new dimension to this "art form"
edit on 21-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I was just comparing your AV, Gahdaffi to the photo of Harper...
why do we even cover the elections in Canada in color?
so the commercials look better?
edit on 21-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Good prediction, it will come true the local media claims that Harper has strong lead in the polls,a member of the elites always wins, i dont why we bother of having fake elections, its becoming such a joke.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

yep i hope he gets a minority at best but here in alberta the conservatives are going to win as always. tho it dont hurt them that our local conservative rep is a stand up guy.
still we're voting green party cause TPTB wont even give them a seat at the table for the debates.

Honestly...why do you even bother to vote if you waste it on the green party? and specifically, for the ridiculous reason you just mentioned (no presence during debates). If you are going to vote, why not make it count? Vote for one of the three parties (cons, libs or NDP) who actually have a shot at getting seats and changing our government....

reminds me of all those university students 'i'm voting green because blah blah save earth'... when they actually have a chance at possibly changing the outcome in their respective riding, they choose to waste the vote on the green party... don't bother voting.
edit on 4/22/2011 by porky1981 because: wasting vote on green party.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Harper capitalizes on the news of OBL's death

Moreover, in a dramatic end to the campaign, Harper scrambled to deliver a televised post-midnight statement as prime minister upon learning that U.S. forces had killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. Read more: www.canada.com...

...and more...

But, this does remind us why Canadian Armed Forces personnel have been deployed to Afghanistan: to deny Al Qaeda and organizations like it, the use of Afghanistan, where the 9/11 attack was conceived and planned.

Through their operations there to cut off terror at its root, our men and women in uniform have made an enormous contribution to Canadian security abroad.

Here, dedicated security officials work tirelessly and with success, to prevent similar attacks in Canada. Protection of the public is the first and most important duty of government.

Canada receives the news of the death of Osama bin Laden with sober satisfaction. We will continue to stand firm with our allies against the threat of global terrorism.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

Curious if this will impact a few votes....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
looks like he won... yay...expect sh*t for the next five years.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Watch our country fundamentally change and not for the better. I can't believe the baby-boomers and others rewarded a gov't that has had soo many serious scandals. Harper must be laughing his ass off at how stupid the electorate is. Conservative voters just rewarded a gov't for breaking the law on many levels. BRAVO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join