It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil is the tectonic plates lubricant hence why we are having worse and worse earthquakes.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

If I remember correctly, the temperature only needed to be about 3500 Fahrenheit. I'll see if I can look it up.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Not as high as I thought, only 2240 degrees and pressures found only 70 miles from earth's surface! www.thegwpf.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well with the posibility that the asians left markers all over there history about fault lines and where not to build that explains why they are not smashed consistantly. The sincronisity of sand and soft sandstone under the ocean, Crude oil keeping the plates conected and allowing for easy movement with the crude oil, and Lava flow under the plates allowing them to Change there place on earth, alot says that No we are not running out of oil or anything but as i once said it may be the difference between *FOR EXAMPLE!* japan having only a 6.0 rather than a 7.0 when they got hit.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it. Earthquakes occour where fault lines meet. The oil is within the crust. If oil would be a significant lubricant for earth, we would be sitting on so much oil it aint funny anymore. And if that is the case, the ammount we drain is a drop in the bucket, even at current rates.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I once heard a random person in a chat room tell me that oil was linked with our magnetic field. Anyone know where he got that idea?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Oil has metal in it, metal flakes, ect, Lava is magnetic if you get some that was sitting on a metal deposit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join