It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil is the tectonic plates lubricant hence why we are having worse and worse earthquakes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

Wow you have a very peaceful way with words.

So you believe the things you were taught in school? You must be young....because most ATS's have realized that the much of the science we were taught in school has sence been proven wrong. Amongst alot of other things in school, history, culture, nature and so forth.

I don't know how things work inside the planet, either do you. You keep repeating what you learned in school, instead of coming up with your own theories. You sound like a brainwashed sheep.

I'm just throwing things out there...learning, like most of us here.

The way humanity found out the planet was NOT flat was by exploring it for themselves, talking to others...comparing ideas/notes etc....

Not by being a "all knowing" jerk. Heckren.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the crust of the Earth (like the skin) is composed of cell type structures....
the Abiotic oil found in the crust of the Earth is created by these Earth crust cells,
and thats what we are pumping out.

the crust rides on top of the upper mantle, a more fluid type of granite/silicon rock...
but not the fluid type of lower mantle that is a thick, hot molasses consistancy rock or lithosphere
layer.

oil/petroleum could not exist as a lubricant, it would boil away if it were in a membrane that seperates the crust from the upper mantle layer...

all oil rises naturally, it seeps upward through faults, strata, porus rocks, cavities in the crust layer (earth=soil)

all i say is preposterous ()

Preposterous - Definition ...
Definition of PREPOSTEROUS: contrary to nature, reason, or common sense : absurd — pre·pos·ter·ous·ly adverb — pre·pos·ter·ous·ness noun
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preposterous

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sorry - having a little bit of knowledge of oil and geology I need to agree with Udio.

I am all of for new theories, but there needs to be some wisdom and rationality applied to sort the wheat from the chaff.

This is a lovely, charming theory - like my friend who believed he could save the UK from nuclear annihilation by the Russians, by merely deploying a giant net over the land mass.

Some theories stand a bit of scrutiny. Others can be discarded.

Keep em coming.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BigJedi

You have spoken my mind in each of your posts on this thread, and did so in a more civilized manner than I would have.

To me, " preposterous" is to think that we understand this world enough to say either way for sure. But for some, the Earth will always be flat...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Solsthime331

Good point, but is there any proof to it ?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Sol i have been preaching this theory for years. its one thing to tap oil from a free spring but we raped America for what - 100 years now, going to depths to extract as much crude as possible. i never bought the whole 'fossil fuel' concept to begin with. i think that lubricant has been under ground a long time for a good reason, and we are messing bad with Mother Nature by bleeding her dry.

I first hit upon your theory some years ago when a female co-worker who was reading aloud from a technical manual was making a funny by repeating a sentence about the importance of lubrication. I too think the plates rely upon natural lubricant in order to move along with minimal struggle, and to provide a protective barrier which keeps the speed of the movement in check. I also think the crude is underground to help dissipate heat.

When I tried to research online the history of oil in America i found many links to articles were dead, or they went to a page long forgotten that in turn led to nowhere. I had difficulty finding independent research.

There are more educated people than I who will have differing opinions. thats fine. I think the hypothesis we both concluded is based on personal observation, thought and logic. I also think that even if we are right as rain mankind will continue to extract crude until the whole big ball collapses. We've already done unrepairable damage with our appetite. Greed is bound to take it further.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

" preposterous" was thought about the theory of Quantum Physics at one time. Now we talking Quantum Entangelments. Layer upon layer is unfolding.

preposterous was once thought of Dimensions, and now we are progressing to "densities/frequencies"

preposterous was once thought of matter, now we talk "energy".

keep them coming.

Learning from all points of view.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ask wise Native Shaman all over the Planet, they will tell you why Mother Earth Shakes/Earthquakes, and Modern Science is just starting to find out what they already know.

Oil (it's function and how it's created), and earthquakes is all inter-connected and we are learning more about the process as technology improves. And "old" Scientific theories will be replaced by "new" ones...and then will change again.

I'm sure WE ALL will look back at this simple discussion and think, "Wow, how innocient we were then, with all our Science". That maybe the earth does "shake" because it "feeds" off the "real skin/organism" of the Planet...the re-cycled Energy of Humanity.

Does the taking and use of oil from the earth cause earthquakes? In my "un-eduacated" view, it does contribute to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for your explanation St. Udio. Interesting. I already knew, "basically" what you talk about. I'm just interested in "alternative" points of view as well.

Big Jedi

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

There is more than JUST Oil in the earth that is Liquid like and could Help with movement. This is called Symbiosis; Water in upper levels, Magma in Mid+deep levels and Oil in Mid+Deep levels allow Smooth and easy movement of the plates. Ive looked up alot of Oil rig sites, a good 75% of them are near fault lines where the oil is acessable. As for the middle east it is one of a bigger land mass alowing deeper faults causing for oil to be unaccesable to us. Im just thinking that mabe this is a helping with the movement not saying its going to drasticly change but it may make the difference between a 7.0 and a 6.0

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

Hes refering to Symbiosis Check out my last post.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
let's just lube em all back up with massive amounts of KY gel bahaha...on more serious note...i'm having doubts that oil is the main cause for most of this...our earth is going through changes regardless of what we pull out of it if you ask me

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Attention everyone regarding this thread!! I have a very interesting synchronicity to share that occured less than 2 hours ago regarding this very information!

Please, take this with a grain of salt, as thats how I view what I was told. I am only providing this information for you to ponder.

I'm taking classes through my local spiritual center to become an energy healer. My teacher informed us that the channeled spirit of the archangel Gabriel, in a private reading, told him that oil is the lubrication of the land masses and this is why our earthquakes are getting worse and with more frequency.

When he said this in class today my jaw about dropped as I had read this thread before I went.

Coincidence? Synchronicity? Either way ive always wondered what mother nature used oil for. It makes no sense that it has no natural purpose because otherwise It wouldn't exist naturally. The homeostasis of this planet has a reason for billions of gallons of oil to be underneath the ground. Trust me. What for? Well let's find out!!
edit on 4/21/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: Forgot a t

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losferwords
If oil (or lack thereof) were the culprit of the earthquakes, the Middle East would have been rocking for the past 30 years, but it's pretty quiet over there...

But maybe that has a higher reserve, or the tectonic plates are not fractured?

Who knows? I was taught this theory in my first Geography lessons, in junior school. I think it makes sense. Besides it might not be just a lubricant, but a way of insulating or indeed transporting mineral content?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigJedi

So nobody really knows, so saying any theory is "Stupid" is just stupid. That's why we are here, to talk it out.

Well. A scientific theory is generally an educated guess and not a WAG or SWAG
Or else we wouldn't be classifying the Scientists as such. WAG and SWAG are good in prophecies and psychic readings

The natural "oil" IS apart of the planets "body" or why would it be there in the first place? It's not there for "humanities" need to use if for engines. It surves as profound function, and there is a REAL reason for it. I think the "blood" analogy is pretty close.
Ever thought about the natural OIL as nothing more than a transient byproduct of a much larger geographical chemical and physical reaction within the earth's body or it is in a temporary staage before it diminishes when the sun finally dies after few billion years? You can sensationalize the 'blood' theory but you can use the 'water' as 'blood' theory too not just the oil. Blood is not what helps us lubricate the joints in our body. It is the Synovial Fluid.

JOINT_FLUID

The blood analogy is good for the Green Peace Movement and not for the Scientific community

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
let's just lube em all back up with massive amounts of KY gel bahaha...on more serious note...i'm having doubts that oil is the main cause for most of this...our earth is going through changes regardless of what we pull out of it if you ask me

There you go... when in doubt, use KY jelly or better yet...WD40

I bet everyone's going to point the fingers at US and UK for not using that all these years

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
I was thinking about it a week or so ago and ive been doing some experiments with the Spin Clamps you find in Metalworking plants i placed some Oil on two rocks in a clamp and then applied force in oposite dircetions on oposite sides of the rocks, They Slid apart Slowly but easily without much grinding or Chips of stone falling off. I repeated the experement without Oil and i got alot of chips and one of the rocks event cracked down from where they were touching to the Side of the Clamp. This is showing me that Oil is helping the tectonic plates move around. Anyone elses thoughts?

A very plausible theory, and my own thoughts as well. Another thought of mine is Oil is the life blood of Terra, pump it all out, she will die. I am a mechanical engineer, and oil keeps machines running smoothly, it just stands to intelligent reason that it does in fact lubricate the tectonic plates, like it lubricates moving engine parts. Make sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The theory compliments the abiotic-oil theory, that oil is naturally produced deep inside the earth rather than decaying plant matter. A recent article in Popular Science reported that scientists at the Lawrence Livermore Lab were able to to use a computer model that predicted, with sufficient heat and pressure, complex hydro-carbons could be produced from hydrogen and methane.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It is amazing to see this post.

My great grandmother had a circle of friends that included a Russian who had escaped Stalin- an old German who had escaped Hitler and a few other scientific types- including a Doctor in Geophysics. I used to sit and listen to them when I was young and I learned a LOT of things from all of them.They even delved into the Cayce readings on pole shift.

But one thing the Geophysicist said a few times (that really stuck with me) was that as more and more petroleum is removed from the ground we can expect to see more quakes and more violent quakes as the petroleum in the layers serves to buffer slides, allow for smaller slides that release pressure that would build up otherwise. And also that the petroleum 'pockets' serve to buoy up and fill gaps that could otherwise collapse, putting more pressure on fault lines.
He specifically mentioned Alaska and the importance of 'leaving that area alone'.

So it is amazing that you thought about this - and yes you have backing on the theory.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by painterdude
reply to post by autowrench

The theory compliments the abiotic-oil theory, that oil is naturally produced deep inside the earth rather than decaying plant matter. A recent article in Popular Science reported that scientists at the Lawrence Livermore Lab were able to to use a computer model that predicted, with sufficient heat and pressure, complex hydro-carbons could be produced from hydrogen and methane.

Yes - and if the earth every turns into something resembling the Sun- that will surely happen. But then we won't be around to use the oil, so it is moot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join