It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smog alert in England and Wales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Smog alert in England and Wales

www.bbc.co.uk

The government has issued a "smog alert" in England and Wales for ozone and polluting particles known as PM10s, which can affect people's health.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said high levels of pollution are expected from 1500 BST on Thursday and over the Easter weekend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would like peoples thoughts on this, the reason this is interesting is that what conditions do we currently have that we do not during a hot summer?

Can someone explain this better than the link above...?

Possible links to Japan?

Also as always I noticed how vague the MSM are about what's caused this and where from... what i mean by that is the explanation given is simply weather related.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If you wanted to know what PM10s are .....PM10s

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I read this earlier and found it very strange. Wheres the smog coming from? Their urging people not to exercise outside during the afternoon. To be honest I think this is a sign of things to come, as the world heats up these "smog alerts" will become common place.

This thread deserves more attention.

ALS

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
More like 'Blatent Chemtrail' Alert ! Last night a plane flew directly over my house, it must have been the biggest plane ive ever encountered as although i did not see it as it was dark, from inside my house i could hear it from at least 15minutes away, it was mega loud, the loudest ive ever heard an overheard aircraft, i could hear it coming towards me then flying in the opposite direction, but it sounded so loud i thought i had a tornado coming my way !

Could be completely unrelated, but very strange, almost as strange as this extremely hot weather.....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I agree ALS i feel this will only become more common also, I heard on the news that average in UK for this time of year is 13 to 14 degrees and current top is 26 degrees in London...

I am also interested in where the smog is from i believe there is an ongoing fire in the UK (Also un-common for this part of the globe) could be related. Large Grass Fire in UK

The other things that popped into my head was Japan and maybe even links to the BP spill last year or chem-trails?

Maybe more info will come out in the coming days.
edit on 21-4-2011 by TheOdogg because: info added

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOdogg

I agree ALS i feel this will only become more common also, I heard on the news that average in UK for this time of year is 13 to 14 degrees and current top is 26 degrees in London...

The heat is strange, i'm 23 and I have never expierienced this kind of heat in April before. Its usually towards the end of May the the summer heat really picks up

Its a good theory about the fires but I don't think there big enough to create a nation-wide smog alert.

I must added I too saw a lot of chemtrails yesterday.

ALS

edit on 21-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The other thing that popped into my head is the sun based activity as of late, i have seen lots of posts about solar flares and other sun based activity.

I also believe we are in our solar maximum at the moment, the time which the sun heats up and fires more stuff our way...

I guess this could explain the heat but I would expect to see this across the globe, as far as I am aware temperatures else where appear close to normal...

I have never 100% bought into Chemtrails... but that does not mean I will close my eyes to the idea...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh my !! The first thing i thought about was Japan ! The second was solar flares ..... And yes it is very hot for this time of year.
Agreed, this needs to be made more aware...s&f

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In modern parlance, smog refers to increased levels of sea level ozone coupled with other pollutants - not necessarily the smoke/fog that the term was originally coined to describe. There certainly won't be any 'peasoupers' in London this weekend!

The actual DEFRA alert is here:

www.defra.gov.uk...

See also:

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically we have a situation of high temperatures under high pressure with little air movement. This means not only do ozone levels increase, but pollution doesn't readily disperse. And there are a lot of cars in London! 'Smog' alerts are common in many cities, including London, in summer. No so usual this time of year, but then neither is the current heatwave!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

The heat is strange, i'm 23 and I have never expierienced this kind of heat in April before.

Last time was 2007
Which is currently also the warmest April on record. This year we may break that record although it does look like being a bit cooler next week.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I am also interested in where the smog is from i believe there is an ongoing fire in the UK (Also un-common for this part of the globe) could be related. Large Grass Fire in UK

Should just use this for the grass fires... 1 pass would do it!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Actually I think I remember being down the pub with me mates on that bank holiday weekend. I do now remember it was quite hot.

ALS

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I recorded a max of 24.8c on the 15th April that year. Today reached 25.8c in my garden (which is not standard exposure, so somewhat higher than any official weather station would have recorded). I think for me at least this will prove a warmer month.

What is more interesting is the change in weather since Christmas - coldest December on record but since then consistently average or above, with very little snow (none at all fell here after 22nd December), a very warm Feb, warm and dry Mar and now a very warm and dry Apr.

But, that's weather. It's always different and, especially in Britain, we never know what to expect!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Probably a warning because it's easter weekend and the weather is fantastic at the moment so I imagine alot of people will all be planning on going an extended weekend holiday which will result in more traffic on the roads than normal and probably more so than recent years just because of the extra nice weather!

Of course this is just using common sense so ignore it in order to concoct a wild conspiracy involving haarp, chemtrails and the government wanting to kill us all despite warning to us

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I cant believe no one has arrived yet to shout HAARP at the top of their lungs
they must be sleeping, nah this is very strange have not heard the likes of this in the UK in my life and I am at the ripe old age of 31

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Royal family will be operating HARRP... using it to heat up the iron-sphere to ensure its a scorching weekend for the wedding lol

The weather is lovely though... I doubt a smog alert will persuade many people to stay in side when the weather is so fine!

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thinking about it, it could just be a ruse in order to prevent so many people from travelling this weekend in order for the roads to not be as clogged up as they will be ?

I'm not looking forward to travelling back down the M6 tomorrow to get back to my uni digs, imagine there'll be alot of alot of slow moving 30mph and below patches

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Are there any live radioactivity monitoring websites in the UK? I searched but could not see any.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

The heat is strange, i'm 23 and I have never expierienced this kind of heat in April before. Its usually towards the end of May the the summer heat really picks up

Its a good theory about the fires but I don't think there big enough to create a nation-wide smog alert.

I must added I too saw a lot of chemtrails yesterday.

ALS

edit on 21-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

It is because of the position of the jet stream bringing warm air over western europe and UK.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join