It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smog alert in England and Wales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOdogg
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I agree ALS i feel this will only become more common also, I heard on the news that average in UK for this time of year is 13 to 14 degrees and current top is 26 degrees in London...

I am also interested in where the smog is from i believe there is an ongoing fire in the UK (Also un-common for this part of the globe) could be related. Large Grass Fire in UK

The other things that popped into my head was Japan and maybe even links to the BP spill last year or chem-trails?

Maybe more info will come out in the coming days.
edit on 21-4-2011 by TheOdogg because: info added

Its not uncomon for the UK, especially London area to be at 26oC in Late April. The average UK temp is about 12oC at this time of year but that is also taking into account the cooler north. London is a huge city with its own micro climate, other cities around the UK are at about 20-23oC, whch again isnt that unusual.

Contrary to belief, the UK isnt always cold and wet. We have these periods of warm weather that last a few weeks then it turns cooler and wetter again.

I would imagine there is a smog risk because of 3 main factors that are all happening at the same time, these are ...

1. Its warmer than normal, 26oC in London (5+million people)
2. There is very little, if any wind inland preventing circulation of air
3. Its easter weekend, and with such nice weather and children being off of school, a lot of families will be out and about driving around the UK.

I seriously doubt there is a conspiracy here, i'd tend to lean more to the fact that its warm, calm and very very busy on the roads here this weekend!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Am I mistaken or do you not have these things called cars and trucks? The "calm air" likely means an Inversion which traps things like exhaust that are normally dissipated in the wind. When the air is not moving it gathers.

If this is only happening on one day or one group of days in an Inversion a year, worrying is not justified.

What can the EU do to you if these inevitable events happen? Even under the best of conditions this will happen from time to time. Here in Anchorage we sometimes get the edge of the massive pollution from China for instance.

You ever seen the old article from the late 1800's about the horrible, constant Smog in London? The world has come a long way since then, contrary to the fear mongers and the Carbon Tax opportunists rants.

Here in the US it gets better and better every decade and you see how the fanatics demonize us, instead of praising us for the improvements. Haters hate and need a target.

What I don't understand is why the worlds attention on this topic is not focused on China? Google things like "permanent brown cloud over China" and "pollution in Chinese rivers" in an image browser if you want to see the future problems that are not being addressed while the haters concentrate on those who are constantly improving. You will see the hypocrisy first hand.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What, 267 tornados in america in 3 days, hail storm in china kills 17 and injures hundreds, record numbers of wild fires in texas and australia, japan over a thousand earthquakes since march 11th, volcanos erupting and evacuating city's, french alps with no snow for the first time, massive recent fish and bird kills, and england had another two earthquakes yesterday in north yorkshire. a very early summer heat wave for england, and 3 explosions at fukushima...... GET THE FEELING SOMEONES NOT TELLING US SOMETHING !

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have enough years behind me to remember Easter always used to be very warm and sunny, I remember all the girls got new dresses and Easter Bonnets then gradually Easters became colder and colder so perhaps we're just going back to the old cycles but I do know that in recent years, whenever you got a hot Easter - that was it - that was your summer and it went down hill after that and never really warmed up again.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

The smog I think would be from the current solar flares but they don't want to panic people to they use terminology that they're used to hearing - Smog.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Smog is nothing new to the UK, we had the Great Smog of "52

en.wikipedia.org...

I think I even remember us having smog warnings in recent years.

The fire was to the side of the M1 motorway (freeway) from a scrapyard, apparently started deliberately, but unlikely to be the cause of upcoming smog

www.bbc.co.uk...

Nothing to do with Haarp, chemtrails, solar activity, or granny leaving her dentures in solution overnight,

just pollution.

However should anyone wish to disscuss the absence of April showers, well that certainly would be interesting, seeing as there has been a virtual absence of rain this month. Why is that ? any ideas ?
edit on 21-4-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

The smog I think would be from the current solar flares but they don't want to panic people to they use terminology that they're used to hearing - Smog.

Smog from solar flares? Please enlighten me?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is interesting, I saw it earlier myself.

Maybe related or amybe not. If there's any UK users how'd you fancy confirming that the Moon is blood red/orange tonight?

I'd take a picture but without a phone. I'm in Lancashire. The moon isn't fully visble but the half that is, its a really strong orange/red. Like nothing I've seen before.

Strange as Google news has nothing on it, usually these 'anomalies' are forecast some time earlier

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by TheOdogg
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I agree ALS i feel this will only become more common also, I heard on the news that average in UK for this time of year is 13 to 14 degrees and current top is 26 degrees in London...

The heat is strange, i'm 23 and I have never expierienced this kind of heat in April before. Its usually towards the end of May the the summer heat really picks up

Its a good theory about the fires but I don't think there big enough to create a nation-wide smog alert.

I must added I too saw a lot of chemtrails yesterday.

ALS

edit on 21-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Seems normal to me, the weather that is. I've always remembered it being hot through the first half of April. I take notice as it's my birthday in April and I haven't seen rain in 22 years on my bday.

It does seem a bit more humid, but April is generally a good weather month. OR i'm insane

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sorry I can't enlighten you Blaine - like everyone else, I'm just guessing what it could be - Yes smog isn't so rare in the UK but Yes we do have solar flares currently - The cause - as the thread suggests is a concern.

I didn't claim to be an expert, just expressing my views mainly about how Easter Weather used to be when I was young.

Hope I have your permission to do this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have also read a number of posts on here and other sites lately about solar winds and how they are currently effecting us, I have tried to find the article I was reading the other day as it stated we would have less rain than normal due to the strong solar winds hitting the planet.

This could explain the lack of rain and nice sunny weather.... but again my logical mind says this would be a world wide felt thing... not just a "its nice and warm in the U.K" thing....

I was hoping some of the sun experts here on ATS might offer some insight... Solar Winds
More info on solar winds
edit on 22-4-2011 by TheOdogg because: (no reason given)

and a little more info

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LostMyPassword

I looked at the moon last night and have over the last few nights as I was aware its due to be a blood moon, but last night and this morning for me the half i could see was sadly normal old with with grey craters

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Not actually noticed it myself, but the moon should look quite reddish when it's close to the horizon at the moment simply due to the amount of pollution haze laying across the country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join