It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

There is no such thing as Nibiru/Planet X or any other doomsday planet

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
reply to post by NyxOne
 


If the planets qualities were such that it absorbed EVERYTHING from the visible spectrum, the human eye would NOT detect it.


Except that it would, because something matching Nibiru's description would be busy tearing planets out of orbits.




posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR
 


Valiant effort, OP! I applaud your determination.

Tragic, though isn't it? Just look at the first reply to your opening....AND the stars it received.

Sad, sad indeed......the idiocy of belief, in things that don't exist? Things that cannot exist, by exercising logic and reason and science, and by common sense understanding?

Look around you.....insanity abounds, in our species. I think it may be getting worse, which is opposite one would expect, as we should be progressing forward, toward increased intelligence, not slipping backwards towards superstition.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


Yeah, i saw that but with those things i mentioned i wanted to open some peoples logical parts of the brain but sadly nobody wants it so...


Now to answer some questions:

If it were made from pure black rock it would still reflect BECAUSE IT REFLECTS LIGHT .... if it were a black hole on the other hand, then it would be invisible because light would be absorbed... SHOCKER AIN'T IT...

Sitchin had no proof of him knowing Sumerian and translating the tablets, he just looked at the tablets and interpreted the simbols which are easily interpretable ( Considering that it came as an evolved version of cave paintings) .....

And as another person said, 5 times the size of Jupiter is BIG and would cause some damage to the other planets. Just look at this image (en.wikipedia.org...:Jupiter-Earth-Spot_comparison.jpg] and make jupiter 5 times bigger ...

Hope this enlightens you and makes all of you thinking logically.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR
 


......minor correction.......


.... if it were a black hole on the other hand, then it would be invisible because light would be absorbed....


The "hole" itself....or, more precisely, the singularity, cannot be "seen" directly, in the visible light spectrum, of course.

However...such deep, deep gravity wells attract matter to them. The energies involved are incredibly high. As matter flows in, there will be energetic interactions....and THAT will display visibly. Not only in the spectrum that Humans can see...but in many that are detectable using instruments, too.

The "Event Horizon" of a 'black hole' is very obvious.....

Since the "hoax" belief of a possible 'something' in our own Solar System is so popular, lately....(gee, I wish more people would read this....):


Black Holes in Binary Star Systems

It is thought that in some binary systems one of the stars is a black hole. Although the black hole cannot be seen directly, it can signal its presence if matter accretes from the other star into the black hole. The matter falling into the black hole is likely to form an accretion disk.

As the matter in the accretion disk loses energy and spirals downward into the black hole it is heated to very high temperatures and emits X-rays. Generally, any binary star system in which there is a strong X-ray source and in which one of the stars is not seen but is very massive is a good candidate for a black hole.


csep10.phys.utk.edu...

Your average layperson "believer" thinks that a "black hole" will somehow "sneak up on us" and destroy the Earth (or whatever) without warning.

D'Oh!!!



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.


First of all i want to mention that Nibiru is suposedly a planet bigger than Jupiter that with its gravitational pull managed to get Pluto on the outer reaches of the Solar System. Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

And now i know there will be comments like "Its comming from the Sun so you can't see it" .... Well thats just an excuse that some have come up with but anyway i ask you again, where was Earth 6 months ago?

On the other side of the sun, so you could have seen it then but just a bit dimmer than now.

I also saw a clip from SOHO that suposedly caught nibiru passing in front of the Sun ...... right .... does this even need an explanation... guess not...

Now in conclusion i also want to mention that this planet was suposedly discovered by Sitchin on some ancient Sumerian tablets that he managed to translate because he was so good at it and he was a pro in translating ancient texts that others have difficulty translating today.


Now after reading all that i ask you, do you still believe this planet exists?


Nibiru wouldn't be easy to see as it can only be seen in infared.
Yes, we were in a different position 6 months ago, but like I said, it can't easily be seen regardless and if its constantly moving along, maybe it was always behind the sun compared to where we were.

I would love to hear your explanation about why you think that isn't Nibiru on SOHO.

I'm not saying I completely believe Nibiru exists, but I'm not ruling out either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The OP is right, there is no Nibiru
It's an invention.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConcreteAngel1

Originally posted by AlexIR
Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.


First of all i want to mention that Nibiru is suposedly a planet bigger than Jupiter that with its gravitational pull managed to get Pluto on the outer reaches of the Solar System. Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

And now i know there will be comments like "Its comming from the Sun so you can't see it" .... Well thats just an excuse that some have come up with but anyway i ask you again, where was Earth 6 months ago?

On the other side of the sun, so you could have seen it then but just a bit dimmer than now.

I also saw a clip from SOHO that suposedly caught nibiru passing in front of the Sun ...... right .... does this even need an explanation... guess not...

Now in conclusion i also want to mention that this planet was suposedly discovered by Sitchin on some ancient Sumerian tablets that he managed to translate because he was so good at it and he was a pro in translating ancient texts that others have difficulty translating today.


Now after reading all that i ask you, do you still believe this planet exists?


Nibiru wouldn't be easy to see as it can only be seen in infared.
Yes, we were in a different position 6 months ago, but like I said, it can't easily be seen regardless and if its constantly moving along, maybe it was always behind the sun compared to where we were.

I would love to hear your explanation about why you think that isn't Nibiru on SOHO.

I'm not saying I completely believe Nibiru exists, but I'm not ruling out either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: (no reason given)


Good god, do people not even know what they're looking at any more?

If you mean the recent transit from the end of March to the middle of this month, that was Jupiter.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits_2011



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Of course it's utter nonsense


For a large object to arrive in 2012 as claimed, we would already have discovered it decades ago. Hell, if it really has the huge mass of a planet or brown dwarf instead of just a large asteroid, we would have discovered it over 200 years ago.

The largest asteroid is Ceres 1 in our solar system, and it was discovered in 1801. Over 200 years ago...but the Niburu nutters somehow think we wouldn't discover a thing claimed to be much much much larger with today's technology? Seriously?

The entire hypothesis is beyond laughable...

And saying "you'd only sea it in infra red because it emits no light" is obviously nonsense too given that asteroids don't emit any own light either. Yet they were able to find the largest one in our solar system over 200 years ago with a very rudimentary telescope

edit on 22-4-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A planet cannot be seen in infrared for goodnes's sake .... It reflects the SUN's light on its surface and it cant change the sun's light spectrum.... think people, think!


And on SOHO ... do i need any explanation? i thought it explained for itself ...

5 times bigger than jupiter = moves slower -> the one on the video zoomed by like it was on crystal meth ...

5 times bigger than Jupiter = bye bye venus and mercury and definetly bye bye soho ... can you imagine the gravity of that planet? ...



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Oh, geeeeze....there you go again, using LOGIC!!!


And saying "you'd only sea it in infra red because it emits no light" is obviously nonsense too given that asteroids don't emit any own light either....


The true "believers" (*cough*nutters*cough) don't want to hear rational, reasoned explanations!!

Nosirree Bob! They want to listen to the crackpots like that "Von Helton" mess, on YouTube....(for example)...




posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


Don't call people names ... it will just derail the discussion ...

Thank you.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR
 


The one main theory I have heard about Nibiru is that it is constantly on the other side of the sun so we haven't seen it. I'm not sure how they then found about the planet, but thats the governments for you. They say that when the earths poles shift we will go backwards and hit Nibiru. Thats the most sensible theory I have heard but like everything else it requires doubt unless we have absolute proof.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Adurna
 


The farther you are from the sun the bigger the diameter thus a longer time to orbit the sun .. so we whould have detected nibiru because i think we passed between it and the sun more than once ...



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adurna
reply to post by AlexIR
 


The one main theory I have heard about Nibiru is that it is constantly on the other side of the sun so we haven't seen it. I'm not sure how they then found about the planet, but thats the governments for you. They say that when the earths poles shift we will go backwards and hit Nibiru. Thats the most sensible theory I have heard but like everything else it requires doubt unless we have absolute proof.


Except that something cannot hide behind the sun, because we go around it every 12 months, and around each side every six.

And, uh, the poles have shifted in the past. Did we go backwards then?



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if it does exist ,its not due to arrive for at least another 40 years or so ..sitchin has never claimed that planet x had any thing to do with 2012 date ..sitchin interpreted Sumerian tablets and based his finding off them and nothing else



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
if it does exist ,its not due to arrive for at least another 40 years or so ..sitchin has never claimed that planet x had any thing to do with 2012 date ..sitchin interpreted Sumerian tablets and based his finding off them and nothing else


Yet there's still no objective proof backing up his claims


The Sumerian tablets don't represent facts, they only prove what people BELIEVED to be true back then. Clearly they didn't have the scientific knowledge we have today, so it's understandable that not everything "matches up".



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by sitchin
if it does exist ,its not due to arrive for at least another 40 years or so ..sitchin has never claimed that planet x had any thing to do with 2012 date ..sitchin interpreted Sumerian tablets and based his finding off them and nothing else


Yet there's still no objective proof backing up his claims


The Sumerian tablets don't represent facts, they only prove what people BELIEVED to be true back then. Clearly they didn't have the scientific knowledge we have today, so it's understandable that not everything "matches up".
not true..they new a lot more above the stars and planets than we did,and we are only now confirming what they claimed was true "thousands" of years ago..there is enough sources out there apart from sitchin,s work to back up these claims ..but spoon feed you i wont..



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin
 


Oh really, they knew more than us today? Funny, considering they believed there were 7 earths and 7 heavens in total


Look, I'm not saying they weren't advanced. They had basic star charts (emphasis on basic), but claiming they knew just as much or more as scientists today is silly. They didn't know about sooooooooooo much we know today...



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by sitchin
 


Oh really, they knew more than us today? Funny, considering they believed there were 7 earths and 7 heavens in total


Look, I'm not saying they weren't advanced. They had basic star charts (emphasis on basic), but claiming they knew just as much or more as scientists today is silly. They didn't know about sooooooooooo much we know today...
we have only rediscovered a few planets in the last 70 years or so ..with the aid of telescopes ..now i'm assuming that the Sumerian's didn't have such things back then..so the only logical insight on that is that they obtained the knowledge from other sources ..like i said we are still playing catch up



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join