It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Nibiru/Planet X or any other doomsday planet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.

First of all i want to mention that Nibiru is suposedly a planet bigger than Jupiter that with its gravitational pull managed to get Pluto on the outer reaches of the Solar System. Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

And now i know there will be comments like "Its comming from the Sun so you can't see it" .... Well thats just an excuse that some have come up with but anyway i ask you again, where was Earth 6 months ago?

On the other side of the sun, so you could have seen it then but just a bit dimmer than now.

I also saw a clip from SOHO that suposedly caught nibiru passing in front of the Sun ...... right .... does this even need an explanation... guess not...

Now in conclusion i also want to mention that this planet was suposedly discovered by Sitchin on some ancient Sumerian tablets that he managed to translate because he was so good at it and he was a pro in translating ancient texts that others have difficulty translating today.

Now after reading all that i ask you, do you still believe this planet exists?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR

yup

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

It is curious how this topic got thrown right away into skunk works.
But either way if it did or didn't exist, it would not matter.
Unless someone can steer the stars, to avoid a collision or other problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I posted it here because i thought it was the best place to discuss it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
sure we do....there was nothing in your post to make us believe other wise other than or opinions on the matter...and you know what they say about opinions dont you? theres no proof either way...none to say it does and none to say it does..we will all find out soon enough

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I think that was profound by accident. If not by accident, it was just profound.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Just weeks ago I was at the website of someone who actually can read Sumerian dismissing Sitchin for the hack that he is (was?). His theories are an unbelievable mess, and I find no reason to lend them any credence whatever.

Nonetheless, this is an argument you'll never win. There are a lot of people who very badly *want* to believe this crap. And they'll argue it to their last breath.

So my question to you is this: Why even bother to care? It's of no benefit nor injury to you either way. Dismiss and discredit it all you want, you're just wasting your breath. You cannot win....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.

I'm sorry to tell you that 'your' explanation comes from a very limited perspective and people should be advised to not listen to you...

Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

NO.

And this is why...

A brown Dwarf is effectively a failed star so does not emit that much light. It can only really be seen in the infrared spectrum and so therefore it will not be visible to the naked eye, that is unless we get a close up or fly by...

NASA have also spoken of the possibility of a brown dwarf, but if they have found anything (which they have) the chances of them informing the public would be minimal to none...

one of the other rare types of objects that wise (Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer) may find is possibly the nearest star to our sun, we think that there is a good chance our sun has a closer neighbor than we already know about and its likely to be a very cool type of star called a Brown Dwarf
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Brown Dwarfs or binary star system are extremely common, so common that it would be 'strange' if our Sun did NOT have a companion...

Yes, There's nothing that could convince me otherwise, I've seen it, its on its way...

Now I ask you, after me feeding you tiny tit bits of the puzzle, tangible evidence, facts and not regurgitated garbage, can you know acknowledge that there is a possibility that a planetary body could be lurking within our solar system?

There's is sooooo much more I can add...in fact I might start a thread of my own...

edit on 20-4-2011 by de1111codEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

I am sorry to have to be the one to point this out, but I could not resist.....

If you can see Jupiter easily because you know where to look, doesn't it just make sense that if you don't know where to look for Planet X, you may just not find it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
No it does not exist. The many ancient cultures(no not just the Sumerian's, do you research, there are more), they were ALL WRONG! Exactly. Thank you for pointing that out. I mean we use common maps of the star systems, we call planets, stars, galaxies by the same name, but we decide that any ancient culture that mentioned an extra body in our solar system was completely daft.

Let me just point out again how idiotic that sounds, "we use common maps of the star systems, we call planets, stars, galaxies by the same name, but we decide that any ancient culture that mentioned an extra body in our solar system was completely daft."

Why wouldn't another body in the solar system exist? I am not saying it's coming next year, or in the next 100 years, but I am saying that if the ancients said it was there then IT'S THERE. Period. Anyone that decides to believe in the same planet names, positions, etc as written down by the ancients, but chooses not to believe an extra body in our solar system exists is just plain stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Very badly want to believe that 'crap'. Well we know how close minded you are. Why don't you look up the people that have actually decoded Sumerian tablets as well who say that his work is pretty damn close to what they have decoded. Let me guess, you must be a religious type, or better yet someone that believe is Darwinian Evolution?...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title [color=gold]does not exist.

Existence is a tenuous and nebulous word better suited to philosophy.

The following phrases are probably closer to what was meant.
    Hasn't been proven
    There is no supporting evidence for
    Is a subject no one will fund
    Is little more than internet fed hysteria
    Niburu means noon in Ancient Sumerian

But in fact it does [color=gold]exist in the minds, imagination, hopes, and fears of a great many people.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title [color=gold]does not exist.

But in fact it does [color=gold]exist in the minds, imagination, hopes, and fears of a great many people.

David Grouchy

Yes. Good point.

We are the trolls here, you know. As for myself, this is probably a good time to withdraw....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT

NO.

And this is why...

A brown Dwarf is effectively a failed star so does not emit that much light. It can only really be seen in the infrared spectrum and so therefore it will not be visible to the naked eye, that is unless we get a close up or fly by...

NASA have also spoken of the possibility of a brown dwarf, but if they have found anything (which they have) the chances of them informing the public would be minimal to none...

one of the other rare types of objects that wise (Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer) may find is possibly the nearest star to our sun, we think that there is a good chance our sun has a closer neighbor than we already know about and its likely to be a very cool type of star called a Brown Dwarf
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Brown Dwarfs or binary star system are extremely common, so common that it would be 'strange' if our Sun did NOT have a companion...

Now I ask you, after me feeding you tiny tit bits of the puzzle, tangible evidence, facts and not regurgitated garbage, can you know acknowledge that there is a possibility that a planetary body could be lurking within our solar system?

There's is sooooo much more I can add...in fact I might start a thread of my own...

edit on 20-4-2011 by de1111codEiT because: (no reason given)

A Brown Dwarf is at least 4-5 times the size of Jupiter, and if it was anywhere close to us, an amateur astronomer with the proper equipment would be able to spot it. Are you saying that 1000's of astronomers all over the world are all into this big coverup?

We're not talking about a small 5 mile comet, we're talking about an object 5 times the sizes of Jupiter, and 100s of times the size of earth. A magical invisible object that noone can see.

If this object is due to hit us in about a year, than it should be extremely easy to see. We should've seen this object coming many years ago.

Furthermore, if an object of this size was anywhere near our orbit, it would've already caused huge havoc in our solar system.

So are you going to believe real, valid scientific evidence, or some pseudo-scientific fear-mongering youtube videos.

Just a couple of failed Nibiru/Planet X predictions:
-4th March was the day we are supposed to see Nibiru break through the solar ecliptic plain, yet it didn't appear, nobody saw it.
-15th March, the day the supposed massive polar shift was supposed to happen, and cause huge chaos.

Neither happened, which should probably start ringing a bell that this is all fake.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Im still curious about the subject matter, but your post didnt really convince me it doesnt exist. To me it felt more like opinion, not facts.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

To be fair to them, massive bodies can lurk around the solar system undetected. I think the theory is that it actually flings comets at us, not collides.

The reason I'm not prepared to write their theories off 100% is because of discoveries like this just for one example....
www.wired.com...
...The dark Jupiter hurling comets at earth from the edge of the solar system, which is only detectable by centuries of comet data... NOT just any amateur astronomer with a telescope, not even the best telescopes can see it.

We don't know everything about space, like for instance remember how we just found out that we aren't even from the milky way after all, but are actually from Sagittarius dwarf. Ya know, its hard enough to find objects in space, cuz even with the best equipment we still keep missing large objects relatively close up that are only just now being found, so imagine how hard it would be if someone like NASA was trying to keep it a secret. Space is just so large, that even within our own solar system it is virtually impossible to just stumble upon an object, even if we had 7 billion astronomers.

edit on 21-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (spelling)

edit on 21-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: typos

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The planets in our solar system are visible because they reflect light from the sun.
They don't emmitt any visible radiation of their own.

What if planet x is made of pure black, matt coloured rock? That would render it invisible.
No light radiation from the sun would reflect off it.
No proof exists one way or the other as to it's existence, so an open mind is the most sensible option.
Don't completely discount it yet!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
The planets in our solar system are visible because they reflect light from the sun.
They don't emmitt any visible radiation of their own.

What if planet x is made of pure black, matt coloured rock? That would render it invisible.
No light radiation from the sun would reflect off it.
No proof exists one way or the other as to it's existence, so an open mind is the most sensible option.
Don't completely discount it yet!!

Er, nope.

Even if it was pitch black and had a non-existent albedo, an object matching its description would be at magnitude 2, clearly visible to the naked eye.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

If the planets qualities were such that it absorbed EVERYTHING from the visible spectrum, the human eye would NOT detect it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
but I am saying that if the ancients said it was there then IT'S THERE. Period.

Why?
Just because they're "ancient"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join