It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Pushes Secure Online Identity System

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Here's a wacky thought! With the fear that cards may be lost or stolen, why not just "chip" a person so they always have their ID with them?

I think your onto something there! You know it looks as if this Big Brother plan is
very likely to end in failure (designed that way) ...so the only option left will be the chip!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

The White House is afraid of the power and communication of people across the Internet,

Oh I believe the WH and the internet gods were all in on that BTW

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by beezzer

Here's a wacky thought! With the fear that cards may be lost or stolen, why not just "chip" a person so they always have their ID with them?

I think your onto something there! You know it looks as if this Big Brother plan is
very likely to end in failure (designed that way) ...so the only option left will be the chip!

I am pretty sure they gonna fail and its just a matter of time before their plans are exposed, Tyranny like peace does not last forever. I just hope its sooner rather than later! As for the RFID chip they already use it on certain convicts and animals for identification purposes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Saw that movie, really a good one!

Strange relationship the goverments seek to make with us, huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
/news caster voice

Before the people could even begin to settle the new frontier of Cyberspace
their governement has sent a passport/id card system ahead to wait for them.

One wagon train family said "If they wanted to help us they would provide us with
a system so anyone could take payments over the net for deposit into their own accounts."

Who is this proposed ID system designed to protect. Us or the bankers. If it was us, we would only
need a system to take payments into our accounts. Numbered, anonymous, secure accounts.
If it's to protect banks and make it easier to forclose on a mortgage, then a system that
identifies each one of us as an individual and what legal jurisdiction we fall under will look best.

One old school hacker said "We the people built all the cool protocalls that make the internet fun and hum.
Now the corporations have convinced Washington that they really own it. We are to be livestock
with ownership tags on our ears."

Now here's Mary with the weather...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

No doubt. They will soon move to mandated electronic filing of taxes and governmental inquiries. If they have it, they will coopt you into using it. Access to government monitored health care will also require one of these.

There is a big difference between this and anything the private sector does. You don't need a cell phone. You don't need to use the internet. For both of the former there is at least an opportunity to make some informed choices and to switch based on information you may obtain about those service providers.

You can't stop using the government, unfortunately

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
I refuse to ever get on board with this. It goes against everything you're ever taught regarding online security. One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. Ummm NO! Everyone should have unique identities and passwords for every single online place they're required to have an account on. Single passwords are BAD!!! They become single points of failure and HUGE security risks to your identity. All it takes is for your ID to get compromised and everything you do online becomes compromised. HELL NO!

No kidding! Its just like choosing the same password for everything that you do. Dumb.

I don't really care who is monitoring, controlling, executing this. I don't care if its the government or the private big boys. I don't need help remembering my passwords and remembering who I am and what I do online. At the point that I can no longer do those things on my own, then I don't need to be operating an online persona any longer. The internet is quickly becoming much more invasive than simply operating in the real world. At least (for the moment) I can enter, browse, and leave a real world shopping center without having to show my I.D.

However, I do agree with what some posters have said regarding our "choice" in this matter. They say that it is optional, but so is having a bank account and using credit cards. It is almost impossible to operate in this world without those things now.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Nobody is forcing you to work for these people. Just say know. They can't exist without our permission.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

One old school hacker said "We the people built all the cool protocalls that make the internet fun and hum.
Now the corporations have convinced Washington that they really own it. We are to be livestock
with ownership tags on our ears."

Or on our foreheads, or right hands....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They used the word secure so this somehow must be good for me... right?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow you guys still don't have this? Sounds almost like stone age to me
It's not something everyone will have to use and have. We've had that around Finland for ages and it is really a good tool especially when you live in a remote area and want to do your dealings online. I do my taxes and my employment stuff online instead of paying 4€ for bus to the city where I would have to stand in line to get service. I'm just hoping we get voting included soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

No doubt. They will soon move to mandated electronic filing of taxes and governmental inquiries. If they have it, they will coopt you into using it. Access to government monitored health care will also require one of these.

There is a big difference between this and anything the private sector does. You don't need a cell phone. You don't need to use the internet. For both of the former there is at least an opportunity to make some informed choices and to switch based on information you may obtain about those service providers.

You can't stop using the government, unfortunately

A government with an allegedly corporate charter, does not represent the people, it represents the hidden stock owners of that said corporation and big business in general..especially big pharma and the military industrial complex.

I have no idea why people hate the government without understanding its role in society. Government is not just colluding with big business they are part of big business and the IMF bankers are said to be the boss.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
So did they say why on earth anyone would even want to participate in such a thing? What the hell is the benefit in all this annoyance/privacy/anonymity sacrifice....

I can see a whole 20 people jumping on board

Just 20 people?
I see at least 70% of Facebook users who already don't care about privacy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Where have I seen this before?

ohhh... yeah:

A movie full of symbolism many people on here will understand. Actually it is only understandable when you understand many of the themes here on ATS and esoteric mystery schools.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
did that 3 years ago, its called ROTO or WindowsRT.
your account and every thing you are connected with is right there.
100% secure - it audits itself 30 times a second, and yes, this lives
with you so you are it... your representation is called DME or digital me
it was going to be real cool and then it went colder than a ice fish... just
like that.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Looks very interesting...I have not seen it yet!

I found the PDF file released from The White House...

www.whitehouse.gov...

Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said there’s “no reliable way to verify identity online” at the moment, citing the rising tide of security threats including malware and identity theft that have grown increasingly prevalent over the last few years. “Passwords just won’t cut it here.”....

During his speech, Locke lashed out at the “conspiracy theory set” who have criticized the proposal. fromtheleft.wordpress.com...

Get that...? The "conspiracy theory set"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Synchronistically I just re-watched it last night/this morning before I went to sleep.

It is on netflix right now. I highly suggest people re-watch this movie and look for the symbolism as well as the out-right NWO/TPTB esoteric symbolism.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I still can't believe that the US government doesn't have anything more pressing to worry about at the moment...
Just goes to show ya. The movie still has plenty of twists and turns - each one less and less surprising.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Bizarre symbolism...!
Hollywoods lullabye...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More like a false sense of security. How on earth could this help with security if people have a choice? For instance, say that I am maliciously attacked on the internet in some way and I have one of these IDs. Presumably, the attacker would not like to be caught and so he would not have an ID. What kind of security does that provide? Or does it really just ostracize the people who are not willing to conform to Big Brother from the people who are?

Congratulations Fed, you have successfully instituted the Internet Police. Your people now have no way of knowing what really goes on. (Not that they ever truly did)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join