It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zillions of stars exist, ET's could care less about Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The mass human consciousness's physical mind (ego) would like for another race to actually come here to 'save' the ones that really want to be saved rather then doing it themselves. Hence there's a feeling of a bit of specialness there and why so many 'demand' they come down to see us. There are aliens here but do the European people go down to Africa for the natives to capture them knowing full well they will because they are essentially savages? Do we not do 'tests' on the animals on Earth with many different things? Somehow Aliens are supposed to give us a 'good treatment' while we continue to disregard life?

If we started to respect life, from the littlest ant, yes even an ant or a bacteria, to a gorilla or bird, then maybe we'll have contact. Right now, we're savages. The physical mind would like for us to think we're advanced but are we? We still kill people with 'bow and arrows' just instead of one arrows, there's 50 arrows shot at once, we still annihilate life, we utterly obliterate life on this very planet. I'm referring to 'we' as the mass human consciousness' physical mind, the mind that can only see things with proof rather then a knowing in the subconscious, in our inner mind, or as most call 'imagination'. Imagination is again using a name because it's not understandable, so a 'heresay' label is thrown on it. We each create our own realities if you tap into the subconscious, if you allow yourself to let go of the constant torment of the mind needing, craving proof, fear and superstition.

Life likely does exist on every planet, we just can't see it because WE think life is bound by how WE've been molded into because the ego know only want it sees. It does not understand or can see anything else, it cannot see the infinite.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Then where are all these billions and billions of star travelers?

You ever stop and think how long it took just for us to get to this point that I'm now typing on a computer to you?

( Think age of the universe.)

Ever stop and think about all the highly significant chains of events that needed to happen in order for me to be able to sit here at this moment and type on a computer to you?

You ever stop and think that some other civilization out there had to go through the same sort of process and more importantly survive to be able to get to the point of traversing the galaxy?

If they had even a 10000 yr head start, wouldn't they be bound by their resources on their own planet too? Or face the same threat from an asteroid? Or dare I say another alien race?

Out of the thousands of planets in our own "neighborhood" within a hundred or so lightyears either way, how many have intelligent life on them that we know of?

Exactly.

edit on 20-4-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Onelife and Photon, thank you for the post.You guys are one step ahead of me .

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
reply to post by SaturnFX

Then where are all these billions and billions of star travelers?

You ever stop and think how long it took just for us to get to this point that I'm now typing on a computer to you?

( Think age of the universe.)

Ever stop and think about all the highly significant chains of events that needed to happen in order for me to be able to sit here at this moment and type on a computer to you?

You ever stop and think that some other civilization out there had to go through the same sort of process and more importantly survive to be able to get to the point of traversing the galaxy?

If they had even a 10000 yr head start, wouldn't they be bound by their resources on their own planet too? Or face the same threat from an asteroid? Or dare I say another alien race?

Out of the thousands of planets in our own "neighborhood" within a hundred or so lightyears either way, how many have intelligent life on them that we know of?

Exactly.

The age of the universe and the age of man has nothing to do with one another. We are not the first top-species of this planet, and have really only been here for a very short time in earths history. Adding in Ice-ages/catastrophe's etc, were barely given a change to survive.

I'm sure a species with a 10000 year head start (and survived) would be using an energy source that we cannot fathom. And I doubt at that point they would be bound to any resources. once you have a high enough degree of scientific knowledge, you could basically be considered an alchemist and make things out of seemingly nothing.

within a 100 or so light-years? were not even sure if there is life on mars or titan or europa. our species is just children in grade 1, still cutting and pasting pictures and eating the glue.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Onelife and Photon, thank you for the post.You guys are one step ahead of me .

lol you're walking backwards..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
the reason they might be coming to this hell hole is to help out the real people other then the fake asss corrupted govrmnt which hides # from us.

or maybe cause they kno bad things will happen to this planet (MOTHER EARTH) and are tryna warn us before its to late

also i heard gold might be a big interest in they're technology

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

The age of the universe and the age of man has nothing to do with one another. We are not the first top-species of this planet, and have really only been here for a very short time in earths history. Adding in Ice-ages/catastrophe's etc, were barely given a change to survive.

I disagree. The age of the universe does have something to do with it. We didn't just show up out of nowhere despite what others on this site may think. It took millions and millions of years of evolution. Which was setup thanks to a very specific chain of events that took billions of years to complete... Our galaxy is as old as the universe- 15 billion years old- (give or take)- and it took our galaxy 10 billion years before it created our solar system...

Dinosaurs showed up on the scene, what, 300 mya? So given the age of the earth, at 4.5 billion years, that means it took (at least) 4 billion years before those "top-species" even appeared.... and the earth is just a tiny speck of nothing, on the universal scale....

Life takes a lot of time (and lots of luck!) to evolve into an intelligent species, and given the against the odds chances that they can survive to a point to become technologically advanced, you're probably looking at billions and billions of years for any planet...

If the Dino's didn't get wiped out, would we even exist?

And you've made my point almost- if we're barely given a chance to survive why couldn't other possible civilizations out there be faced with the same extinction level events, or even worse depending on their planet?

I'm sure a species with a 10000 year head start (and survived) would be using an energy source that we cannot fathom. And I doubt at that point they would be bound to any resources. once you have a high enough degree of scientific knowledge, you could basically be considered an alchemist and make things out of seemingly nothing.

An energy source will require resources of some kind.

within a 100 or so light-years? were not even sure if there is life on mars or titan or europa. our species is just children in grade 1, still cutting and pasting pictures and eating the glue.

Well I think it's safe to assume that there aren't any intelligent life forms on these planets/moons.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I believe this thread is in error. no world is better than this world, for the inhabitants of this reality.
for home is always more comfortable than a motel is.

link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

What's a Bruh? Is it a device that holds up a woman's breasts or is a noise produced when squatting over a stinging nettle?

link   
Didnt read any of the posts but ill throw in my two sense anway

This makes total sense,
Sincerely, some average dude

Come to think of it, I bet bigfoot's dingleberrys r crazy huge.(non-related opinion)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Listen Bruh, (Watch Dog the Bounty guy much?)

Zillion isn't even a real number.

There are billions upon billions of stars, but seeing as stars are nuclear furnaces, I don't think any advanced civilaztion would visit there either. K, bruh? They'd like burn up and die before they could land, bruh!

Now, we currently have not found any other worlds where life exists. I personally believe that life is abundant throughout the galaxy, but since we do not know of any other, we seem special.

Even if we did know of other life, who's to say whether or not aliens would come? How would you know what their intentions are? Your premise assumes there are aliens, but at the same time omits any sort of agenda. What exactly are you getting at anyway? That aliens exist, but just fly around like Star Trek?
- If they are out there and travelling, they definitely have an agenda or mission. Even if it's solely exploration. That's an agenda.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I for one find many things on earth to be beautiful and worth looking at. There are many things in this great mix of life. It is just just we human beings occupying this planet, there are many forms of life. Get off your high horse for one second and take a look around.

If you aren't happy with this"hole" it doesn't mean other people aren't "bruh", that's just the vibe I'm getting from you.

Besides, we have no idea what they are thinking, not one idea at all. Have you sat down, had a cup of tea with one(if they drink it :lol
and got this information from them? If you have could you please inform them that I would like a cup of tea with them too as I have a lot to discuss! Oh wait...No you haven't?

Sorry"bruh" you have no idea what you're on about

Oh and when it comes to them, neither do I. I don't think anyone does

edit on 20/4/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

yea that is what truckers say about SLC when taking I-15 I-80, just a hell hole in the middle of the road, but you can go around it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Yeah bruh, lets keep it real .

There is no logical reason for a advanced species to come to this hell hole.

Go walk on the beach and imagine every grain of sand a star, then envision the planets that revolve around said star.

Do the math bruh.

Tired of reading that BS here about alien agenda, the Earth is nothing more than a pit stop, no agenda is necessary

this. we live in a dead zone of the universe.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
With all this planet has to offer, you speak for us all and claim that we are fascinated with hip hop, Spam and breast implants.

I cannot even begin to state how many things are wrong with that assessment.

If your interests peak at Tupak and canned meat then I think you should be reading a good book and not ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This planet is mostly water... that fact makes us a target to any civilization with means of traveling space and a will to survive

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
South-Park got it right.
Earth is nothing but a realty TV show for Alien entertainment.
It's like a giant "Jersey Shore".
Why else would everything here be so messed-up?

PS: The Bible is mis-quoted. Earth was not the first place made, it was the first reality TV show made.

edit on 2011-4-20 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm sure ET's have been here and did interact with the inhabitants. With all the beautiful construction left behind in monuments and buildings, there's no shortage of evidence. There has probably been several different races of E.T's who have tried giving us a hand in the development of our technology, and I firmly believe they did some alteration of our DNA that would speed up our mental development as well, before moving on to planets in other solar systems, to do likewise for other races.
Perhaps a couple of thousand years later they checked up on us to see how much we had progressed and to give us more aid, then upon seeing what warlike, murderous and world destructive jerks we've become they decided to just leave us alone, knowing from past experience with races on some of the other worlds, we would eventually destroy ourselves and allow the planet to heal.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
This planet is mostly water... that fact makes us a target to any civilization with means of traveling space and a will to survive

Water seems to be extremely common in our solar system -- maybe not in liquid form, but when all forms of H2O are considered. We have found water in our solar system in some form in many of the places we have looked. Signs of H2O has also been found in nebulae and in protoplanetary disks (clouds of dust that may one day become a solar system).

Hydrogen is the most abundant element ion the universe, and oxygen is the third most common element in the galaxy, after hydrogen and helium. Hydrogen and Oxygen bond together relatively easily to create H2O, so it is possible that perhaps H2O itself is be quite abundant throughout the galaxy. I can't be sure about that, but based on our observations there is evidence of it.

edit on 4/20/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I do not personally believe since humans have existed on this planet we have been visited yet. But I'm not saying it hasn't happened or isn't possible.

There is a very good reason for aliens to come here; out of curiosity to search for more life which is here on this planet.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about the human race; its people that are so negative about our race is what make what you say become more of an apparent truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join