It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason why You SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
No one spends an eternity in hell

hell is destroyed at the last judgement

I am a Christian and that is NO reason to believe......its more like the point spread from a bookie

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A belief in god...
I've watched my mother and father, cousin, brother in law and best friend suffer terribly and eventually die from cancer. I watch a thousands die in a tsunami (an act of god!) in Japan, the world seemingly going to hell in a handcart, and more and more people being cast into poverty...
"If there is a god he has a f*cking warped sense of humour!"
If a supreme being; a god, can sit back and quietly watch the chaos going on here on earth, and watch thousands die meaninglessly, then as far as I'm concerned you can keep him!
I simply say, "F*ck your god!" If he can let his people suffer without offering help then he Isn't worth worshipping.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
If you are a logical person, it follows that you will believe in GOD. Here is the reason.

So we assign points to each category.
Believing in God= BG
Not Believing in God= NBG
GOd Exists= GOD
GOD DOESNT EXIST= NG

1)So if there is a GOD and you BELIEVE IN GOD what happens? You go to church and miss having fun on sundays and dont kill or rape(sin) but you go to heaven for eternity. So the equation would be as follows
GOD(god exists) +BG (you believe in god)= 1000 points (eternal heaven)

You guys follows that. No we do another equation that god doesnt exist
2)god doesnt exist, you believe in god what happens? you miss out on sunday football, miss out on all the sins and when you die nothing happens, no judgment so you missed out on all the fun you wanted to have.
NO GOD (NG) + BG(believe in GOD)= -200 point (made no difference)

I gave this last one -200 points because you missed out on all the fun. BUT since there is no judgment in can not match ETERNAL HEAVEN.

3) GOD (god exists) +NBG(no believe in god)= -500 points (eternity in hell)
I gave this negative 500 points coz you end up spending forever in HELL. HOWEVER, you do have all the fun of commiting as many sins as you want and never having to go to church and so on. SO there is an upside to this.

4)N0 GOD (NG) +NO BELIEVE= 200 points (no judgment but you had fun)

So what Im saying is simple. Any logical, betting man would go ahead and be religious because what your GIVING UP (sins, sundays, etc) is well worth the outcome (ETERNAL HEAVEN).
EVEN if give up all those things and there is NO GOD, it does not compare to eternal heaven or eternal hell.

*I understand there are different faiths and the idea of which one to follow and so on but hey, its a start.
Oh you can go ahead and make your chart and add whatever points you want to it. but it will still come out the way this did.
Also, at the end of the day, there is just as much chance of a god as there is no chance of a god
Jelly

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good post and I can relate to your search for answers. Consider this: Everyone is affected in life by choice, chance and the actions of others. You suggest it is chance that God is there or not there. Another perspective is always present to fill in the excluded middle argument. It may not always be obvious. If you listen to all the dogs barking at you on this thread, you'll have no chance to see this middle argument. Let me try to fill it in.

Think of it this way. There is a train engineer who goes by his friend's house blowing his horn. The friend gets together with him one day and makes a simple statement about the horn whistle changing pitch. The engineer says, "It doesn't change pitch." They get into an argument over the issue and then fall out of favor with each other. What they were missing is the excluded middle. The Doppler effect allows them to both see that it is perspective and not observation that is the key to the mystery.

With this said, consider that chance is providence. There is no probability with infinity since all choices are available. In a universe with laws, God restricts actions and choices by the law of action and reaction. No choice you make can bring an action that the law does not govern. In other words, your only act of free will is belief. Belief then guides your actions by God's law to favorable outcomes. God is the guiding hand to anyone with faith, hope and love.

It is obvious to me you are a good person with a heart to match. You are trying to express your faith here on ATS and share it with others. Nothing wrong with that. Forget the bullies. God is AMAZING!

If you are a logical person, it follows that you will believe in GOD. Here is the reason.

Believing in God= BG
GOd Exists= GOD
GOD DOESNT EXIST= NG

1)So if there is a GOD and you BELIEVE IN GOD what happens? You go to church and miss having fun on sundays and dont kill or rape(sin) but you go to heaven for eternity. So the equation would be as follows

2)god doesnt exist, you believe in god what happens? you miss out on sunday football, miss out on all the sins and when you die nothing happens, no judgment so you missed out on all the fun you wanted to have.

I gave this last one -200 points because you missed out on all the fun. BUT since there is no judgment in can not match ETERNAL HEAVEN.

I gave this negative 500 points coz you end up spending forever in HELL. HOWEVER, you do have all the fun of commiting as many sins as you want and never having to go to church and so on. SO there is an upside to this.

So what Im saying is simple. Any logical, betting man would go ahead and be religious because what your GIVING UP (sins, sundays, etc) is well worth the outcome (ETERNAL HEAVEN).
EVEN if give up all those things and there is NO GOD, it does not compare to eternal heaven or eternal hell.

*I understand there are different faiths and the idea of which one to follow and so on but hey, its a start.
Oh you can go ahead and make your chart and add whatever points you want to it. but it will still come out the way this did.
Also, at the end of the day, there is just as much chance of a god as there is no chance of a god
Jelly

edit on 19-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
On the day of my retribution when I stand in front of god I'm more likely to smack the guy in the face for letting the ones I loved die painfully than fall to my knees and recant my sins.
I say again, "F*ck him for letting us all, the human race, down!"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Believing in God= BG
GOd Exists= GOD
GOD DOESNT EXIST= NG

Jelly

Sorry but...bahahahHAHAHAHAHA

Now that's out of the way... So if I don't believe in YOUR god (ya know that there's many hundreds of different gods right? you're just asking me to believe in the one you believe in) then I will automatically kill and rape?

You Jesus freaks are something else

Sorry if I come off as a D!ck, but when I get called a rapist and a murderer for not believing in fairy tales it kinda gets my goat you know?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Theoretically, if you worship the Norse gods, and die with a sword in your hand you go directly to Valhalla. Which, by all accounts is a bit of a lark!
Not bad. A bit easier than Psalms, and Ecclesiastes, and the book of Job and Sundays full of dread.

You proved nothing with your argument. Your 'Truths' have nothing to do with mine. Fair play to you, and good luck if you choose to believe what you do. However, if you are willing to try to convince me by using the unproven, and frankly ridiculous "logic" of the OP, you need to come up with something more compelling.
I am not ridiculing your faith, I am simply offering alternatives. Your choice is your choice. Your Heaven and Hell matter not one iota to me.

"Reason why you SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD" offers little reason, and nothing to sway my personal choices.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

WRONG-
You are not reading...lol...you are jumping and cutting and pasting words together.

Its as simple as betting on the best odds. As I mentioned..if you sin, bla bla bla. as in IF. IF . IF. as in YOU CAN CHOOSE TO.

Also, the equation is IF there is A, and you do B, it means C.
I suppose you never even took on logic class in college

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

YOU ARE WRONG ALSO. lol

whats up with you guys. The idea is simple.

IF ---------- exists, and you do -------------, it means -----------
If ------------ doesnt exist, and you do ------------, it means -----------.

Cmon you guys, its simple.
And just for the record...I DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGION
BUt I can be wrong. its possible that there is an all knowing god but not probable

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

are you even READING WHAT I WROTE?

wow, why are so many people on this site so against reading.

AGain, IF ----- exists
and IF ------- doesnt exist.

whats up with these people

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Delysid

My dear person who does not like to read.
Im aware of '___' and much more.
This is not a discussion on if god exists or not. However, it is obvious that words do not exist for you because YOU DID NOT READ MY POST>

its a simple logic equation.
IF this exists, and you do that, the outcome is this.
IF this does NOT exist, and you do that, the outcome is this.

Read it again and this time take off those BIASED glasses. Or the HATE glasses you have on.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Nice.
I for one do not follow any religion. Im not even spiritual. heheh.

just wanted to see how far this thread would go no this forum. Good to see someone called out the name and the flaw within a few hours.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

and most people who dont believe in god are very judgmental and HATE. lol

I dont know if there is a god or not. Just like in south park, it might be that when we die we find out that the mormons were the right ones. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i understood it was a joke from the start, yea religion doesn't sit well in ats

5000 god points for you sir, for outwitting so many.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

It's called Pascal's Wager and atheists hate it! (It's actually over 200 years old).
Vicky

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
From a perspective that says your religion is true,

Then yes a rational man would accept the Christian god.

The thing is, is that religion is a supposition...

It is not up to me to prove that hell, heaven, or god exists. I understand the concepts within Christianity, however I believe that I am not capable of explaining reality. I think that a god could exist as easily as he could not exist. So I just do not bother with it at all, however I do enjoy these conversations.

The day you prove that heaven, hell, or god exists is the day I convert to Christianity. Same goes to any other religion.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

An interesting gambit,

However Blaise did not have the magnitude of the universe on his conscious,

Considering there are roughly 47billion planets that could support life in the Milky Way alone,

could you imagine the countless religions that exist through out the universe? Who is to say which is right?

Blaise's gambit might trick the foolish, but it certainly does not impress me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Fooling people is no big deal, because any one on this planet, can be fooled by just about anyone. We are all fools.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Pascals wager has been refuted over and over again...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just another self-righteous religious douche falling back on fear and guilt. same old song. Nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join