It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Mall Evacuated as police search for man with......umbrella

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Paranoid much?

BURLINGTON -- Police responded in force today to a report of a man with a rifle at the Burlington Mall, evacuating shoppers and calling in a SWAT team as worried workers locked themselves into stores. But it turned out that the man was only carrying an umbrella.Source

I got to see some video of it at lunch. Poor guy had his bag rummaged through, ID ran, patted down, repeatedly questioned by several cops etc....

All because of his umbrella.

If anything it looked like a sword.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How do you F this up!

They are getting pretty anxious about things lately if you ask me!
Wonder if they have been told to look out for something???

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thank god everyone is safe.

Homeland security provides wonderful security.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow, poor guy.
I wonder what that umbrella looked like.

"If you see something, say something"

And

"If you THINK you see something, Say something anyway"

What a waste of tax dollars for an umbrella

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Photo of suspect just released:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

That, my friend, was classic

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Wow, poor guy.
I wonder what that umbrella looked like.

From the footage I saw it looked kind of like this: umbrella

I couldnt tell if it actually had the sword style handle though but the bag with shoulder strap is apparently what set the anonymous tipster off.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Photo of suspect just released:

Beat me to it ehehehe literally the first thing i thought of.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

it was purchased as it resembles a samurai sword..they sell them online but still a joke...how does the police sort out crazy calls from legit...what is enough police if they think someone does have a rifle in a mall? Although I'm not sure how many people are in it early am on a Tuesday...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yea it doesnt make sense, they saw it from a distance but noone near the guy went crazy....

I listen to the police scanners in my area and if theyre not 100% sure, they say unconfirmed or getting confirmation, but they totally screwed this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Cute pup WeBrooklyn.
Don't mean to thread jack. lol sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn Wow, poor guy. I wonder what that umbrella looked like. From the footage I saw it looked kind of like this: umbrella I couldnt tell if it actually had the sword style handle though but the bag with shoulder strap is apparently what set the anonymous tipster off.

But even if it's just the handle that resembles the handle of a sword, it was obviously in his hand, does it REALLY look like a sword???

And a over the shoulder bag set them off?

Sheesh! Talk about nervous!

h1satsu

Cute pup WeBrooklyn. Don't mean to thread jack. lol sorry.

Thanks!!

edit on 19-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

But even if it's just the handle that resembles the handle of a sword, it was obviously in his hand, does it REALLY look like a sword???

And a over the shoulder bag set them off?

Apparently it looks more like a rifle than a sword. He should ask for his money back.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Apparently it looks more like a rifle than a sword. He should ask for his money back.

He's probably giving the company hell as we speak!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella

Did Rihanna predict this false flag umbrella incident? I think that she is trying to tell us something here. Ok here is my theory, hear me out on this one.

The Powers That Be are using Chemtrails to drop chemicals on us and when it rains you are coated in these micro particles. NOW if you have an umbrella (ella ella ella) you can use it to keep the chemtrail rain off you and they do NOT want this!

SOON they will outlaw umbrellas citing that they could be used as a weapon or too closely resemble a weapon so that everyone will be forced to be coated in the chemtrail rain.

Next you will see the media mocking people wearing raincoats calling them unpatriotic and attempting to paint them in a negative picture.

It is all a part of their master plan!

On a more serious note a S.W.A.T. team for an umbrella? Seriously? Paranoid much? That crap is getting a little bit out of control. I am surprised that they did not plow through the wall of the mall in a tank and repel down through the food court skylight.

People are all innocent little peaceful unarmed snowflakes. They cannot defend themselves so they need the police to do it for them. Googoogaga make sure you wear your pampers!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

I enjoyed the humor in your post. It was nullified, however, by this:

On a more serious note a S.W.A.T. team for an umbrella? Seriously? Paranoid much? That crap is getting a little bit out of control. I am surprised that they did not plow through the wall of the mall in a tank and repel down through the food court skylight.

What would you have done, as BPD chief? Sent a black and white to check it out? How long ago was the Gabby Giffords incident? Have we forgotten already?

Time is of the essence in situations like this.

No, the police reacted to the call from the 2 women appropriately, imo. The Burlington Mall is a major shopping mall in suburban Boston; lots of people frequent it. If he erred on the side of caution, I say he did his job.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

major props to mall security and LEO's for having restraint and not killing or tazering another unarmed 'suspect'. i am surprised Umbrella Man wasn't killed. not that he did anything wrong. i've just read too many news articles where unarmed civilians pay an incredible price at the hands of Authority.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The only person that should have been needed to be sent was a Coroner and an investigator when all of the armed concealed carry permit holders defended their lives. But of course when you strip the citizens of this right the only things left to protect you are swat teams and tanks right?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

The only person that should have been needed to be sent was a Coroner and an investigator when all of the armed concealed carry permit holders defended their lives. But of course when you strip the citizens of this right the only things left to protect you are swat teams and tanks right?

Are you familiar with Massachusett's gun laws? I don't think you are. Mass. laws are very strict for CCW. Perhaps you are thinking of some neighboring state, like New Hampshire.

I realize that your response was just a cynical barb. Unless I read you wrong.

new topics

top topics

join