It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.K. M.o.D's false logic on UFOs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As i read through the latest files released in the u.k. by the Ministry of Defence a recurring theme crops up.
Sightings by qualified pilots over international airports and in busy airspace are dismissed as "nothing of air defence significance".
Just because the sightings cannot be identified they are written off.
So does that mean that just because it cannot be called a spy plane that there is no airspace risk?
Jenny Randles highlights cases of this type in the latest issue of The Fortean Times.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

This is the reason i dont pay too much attention or give any real value to any docs released by the Gov.

They'll never release anything that is definative, and anything they do release could easily be Disinfo.

Take it all with a pinch of salt. Yes to can gain a certain degree of insight, lets say if theres a number of docs that deal with the same incident or they all point in a certain direction, but they usualy leave more questions than answers.

You could spend the rest of your life trawling through and trying to make connections from Docs release by the MOD. Part of thinks thats exactly what they want you to do.

Give the kids a kite to play with while daddys busy in the shed.

You get my point.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ITs just to make the publlic think, it doesnt matter if they arnt taking it seriusly than we shouldnt. Obviously the MOD want and need to know whats in our airspace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Given that this nation has been on a relatively high security alert status for some considerable while, I find it very odd that any recent incidents of qualified pilots , both civil and military, seeing unidentified intruders into British airspace ,are not being vigorously and thoroughly investigated.
Of course, any such incident occuring before the WTC attacks in the US , and the London bombings, were not subject to the same level of scrutiny that would surely be applied to any very recent incident. We no longer live in a time where ANY invasion, entrance into, or stealthy approach to our airspace by an aircraft which refuses to be identified, can be chalked up as automaticaly being of no significance to our national security.
If the politicians, the extremists and xenophobes in this nation (BNP) and the military are to be believed, we are under imminent danger, daily, of having terrorists blow up an airport, or a school, or a bus, a train, a plane. If the terror threat is so immense, than there can be no legitimate reason for avoiding a thorough, and utterly uncompromising investigation into these matters. The reluctance on the part of military,and civillian authorities to make any public investigation into such situations can mean only a very few things.

One:
There is an agreement between the intelligence services and other authorities in the nation, that no investigation may be carried out into unusual presences in our airspace , for whatever reason.

Two: There is actualy NO threat to this nation from anyone, since if there were then these incidents would be under the heaviest possible scrutiny rather than being stoutly ignored.

Three: There is a threat to this nation from terror, but the government refuse to accept that this means they have to investigate in a thorough and utterly transparant manner, ALL reports of infilitration of our airspace. The only reason they would prevent themselves from protecting the citizenry with a proper degree of vigilance in these matters is if they already know what the objects are, and have reason to assume that they pose no threat.
If this last one is the case, then they are lying to us about how much they know, which they have no right to do, since it is OUR money which pays thier damned wages, and pays for the information they are witholding.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well stated and i completely agree with your logic.

Either the Gov is still very much investigating UFO's and is only releasing these docs as a convincer that they no longer take this seriously. To try and throw people off.

Or they already know what they are and want to stop people from asking too many questions. This could point towards both Gov tech or established contact theorys.

Both point towards the Docs being no more than a smoke screen or an exercise in disinfo.

Who cares what the Gov has to say on this subject?
Its like asking your dog what he thinks of your new shoes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

The thing is , that simply ignoring what the government, of ANY nation say about UFO and or aliens, could be just as foolish as believing what they say out of some indoctrinated sense of loyalty to the flag. Obviously I am not suggesting for a moment that any damn thing they say is one hundred percent true, or indeed that they are likely to reveal anything of use to us in the future. However, like I said, discounting every statement they make as of no use whatsoever would be folly.

My advice when dealing with the published revalations made by government, is to read what they do say, with the intention of paying the utmost attention to what they are not saying.
Every denial, and every line between lines adds up to something. It might not be something that would fly in court, or in investigative process. But reading between the lines can give you the insight to ask the right questions, of yourself, of your government (by way of FOI requests) and of other investigators, researchers , and thinkers on the subject of UFO.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Good thread.

Two words come to mind......PUBLIC SAFETY.

Or lack of it for reasons the MOD and government only know!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

The thing is , that simply ignoring what the government, of ANY nation say about UFO and or aliens, could be just as foolish as believing what they say out of some indoctrinated sense of loyalty to the flag. Obviously I am not suggesting for a moment that any damn thing they say is one hundred percent true, or indeed that they are likely to reveal anything of use to us in the future. However, like I said, discounting every statement they make as of no use whatsoever would be folly.

My advice when dealing with the published revalations made by government, is to read what they do say, with the intention of paying the utmost attention to what they are not saying.
Every denial, and every line between lines adds up to something. It might not be something that would fly in court, or in investigative process. But reading between the lines can give you the insight to ask the right questions, of yourself, of your government (by way of FOI requests) and of other investigators, researchers , and thinkers on the subject of UFO.

I never said i ignored what they have to say. I simply give no creedence to it.

It depends on what you mean by reading between the lines. Making connections that are'nt there, or making the connections that they know that you'll make does'nt usualy add up to anything significant. As there usualy based on certain asumptions. Which then have to be demosntrated to be true. Which then leads you down the dark corridoors of what is true what people believe to be true. All the while guiding you away from the issue itself.

Thats all im trying to say. As i said in my first post. You could spend a lifetime lost in what can be gleamed from Gov released docs. I believe thats exactly what they want.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A government agency using false logic when it comes to UFO's?

Now there's a surprise.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The British M.O.D catchphrase is 'Admit nothing - deny everything'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think every single one of these instances should be archived dated and stamped.

So when TSHTF - confirmed lying.

top topics

join