It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien crash footage near Irkutsk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
heads up!
this was posted yesterday b ut removed from ATS for reasons unknown to me
lets see what happens with this one

This wasn't removed from ATS. In fact there are two other similar threads about this on ATS right now:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed threads are just as disturbing as ones that 404.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

And you point being ......
If indeed this thread is closed then how am i able to post a reply......
And i have not seen and conclusion besides 2 guys 'claiming' to have made it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Global consciousness

And you point being ......
If indeed this thread is closed then how am i able to post a reply......
And i have not seen and conclusion besides 2 guys 'claiming' to have made it.

This is the only thread that has not been closed, or 404'd.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So now we have 2 claims that it is a hoax: 1) This site says it was a hoax, a chicken filled with bread. Note the source of course: Russian news media. I take what Russian news agencies say with a grain of salt simply because they are state-run agencies who get told what to report, when and how:

Siberian “Dead alien” fake

The tiny “dead alien” is just skin from chicken filled with bread, reports the website 7d.org.ua. Police questioned the men who claimed to have found the “body” and they allegedly confessed to creating it themselves. The chief editor of the local Kabansk-Info newspaper initially thought that it was the body of an infant in the video and alerted the police. Officers immediately started the investigation and identified the alleged author.
*NOTE: The website the Russian agency quotes is from the Ukraine.*

The second claim that it is a hoax, comes from people who claim to be paranormal experts. They don't provide evidence that it's fake, simply their word. So because some guy(s) claiming to be an "expert" in the field of paranormal says it's fake, then it MUST be right?

'Dead Alien' Video on YouTube Goes Viral

Benjamin Radford, a paranormal investigator and managing editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine, said the video is most certainly the work of pranksters. "It's clearly a hoax," he said. The first "big red flag" is the way the video was shot, he said. Instead of just stumbling upon the alien, the camera man gives the viewer a wide-angle so-called "establishing shot" of the landscape before zooming right onto the alien as he and his friend find it. "This is film-making 101. We see this in sitcoms, we see this in virtually every film in order to establish a place and scene for the viewer," he said.

Viral Video of 'Alien' in Siberia a Convincing Fake

Even without getting our hands on what is probably a rubber doll, there are several signs that this video is a hoax. The first is the way the video was shot; it opens with what is called an "establishing shot." This is a common filmmaking technique to let the viewers know where the scene is taking place. (We see this in sitcoms, for example, when we're shown the exterior of a house or apartment before cutting to the action inside the room.)

So we have two choices: Chicken filled with bread as spoken by Russian news media (government puppets) or the word of a guy who is a supposed paranormal expert who clearly must have seen an alien himself since "It's clearly a hoax" yet provides no evidence on how he reached his theory.

Now I am not one to say this is real or fake, because I myself have never seen an alien or a chicken stuffed with bread (at least not one that looks like this). Nor do I claim to be a paranormal expert (kind of ironic since there are is no proof of ghosts or demons or other paranormal related stuff).

My thought on the entire matter: Someone, and I hope they are doing it now, should make a video showing step by step the process that would need to happen in order to make this alleged alien. I want to see everything and how it was done. That my friends is evidence. After all that's what debunking is right? Not some guys word or the government telling us what we want to hear.
edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: Add quote I missed.

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: Add NOTE

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
heads up!
this was posted yesterday b ut removed from ATS for reasons unknown to me
lets see what happens with this one

This wasn't removed from ATS. In fact there are two other similar threads about this on ATS right now:

Closed threads are just as disturbing as ones that 404.

ATS almost always closes redundant threads. Why should they make an exception for this particular topic?

Or are you saying this topic is somehow different, and is deserving of having 3 threads about this same video? Perhaps if people start more threads, then we can have 4, 5, or more open and ongoing threads discussing this video.

edit on 4/20/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Confused……

This might be a fake, it might be real, I personally think that it is most likely a fake. I first became aware of this story on the website of the Telegraph, my first thought was to check out some other articles then check out the YouTube video when I saw the multitude of MSN outlets running with this story and the 3 million hits on YouTube I instantly wanted to know more and I thought I knew were to go, ATS.

The only thread where this is actively being discussed is in the Hoax Forum and on some other thread debunking the story with an article from Russia Today because the ATS staff have either 404’ed or closed every other thread on the story. Now I am usually the guy you all get annoyed at, the sceptic who start’s trying to debunk the video ask the awkward questions but even I have to ask:

ATS WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!

This story has massive coverage in the MSN and over 3 million YouTube hits these 3 million are going to want to find out more. As the largest conspiracy forum on the net, you would think ATS would have this splashed all over the home page to attract more users. Not relegated to the hoax forum, at least not this quickly. this is missing out on a prime opportunity to gain new members, instead this is being perceived by some members as a “cover-up” and it will just put people off. Even if this is a hoax by keeping this thread in the Aliens forum you would increase traffic as people debate whether it is a hoax or not and then when it finally becomes a “confirmed hoax” (I don’t think it has yet) then move it to the hoax forum.

Like I said at the start, this has left me very confused.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Confused……

This might be a fake, it might be real, I personally think that it is most likely a fake. I first became aware of this story on the website of the Telegraph, my first thought was to check out some other articles then check out the YouTube video when I saw the multitude of MSN outlets running with this story and the 3 million hits on YouTube I instantly wanted to know more and I thought I knew were to go, ATS.

The only thread where this is actively being discussed is in the Hoax Forum and on some other thread debunking the story with an article from Russia Today because the ATS staff have either 404’ed or closed every other thread on the story. Now I am usually the guy you all get annoyed at, the sceptic who start’s trying to debunk the video ask the awkward questions but even I have to ask:

ATS WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!

This story has massive coverage in the MSN and over 3 million YouTube hits these 3 million are going to want to find out more. As the largest conspiracy forum on the net, you would think ATS would have this splashed all over the home page to attract more users. Not relegated to the hoax forum, at least not this quickly. this is missing out on a prime opportunity to gain new members, instead this is being perceived by some members as a “cover-up” and it will just put people off. Even if this is a hoax by keeping this thread in the Aliens forum you would increase traffic as people debate whether it is a hoax or not and then when it finally becomes a “confirmed hoax” (I don’t think it has yet) then move it to the hoax forum.

Like I said at the start, this has left me very confused.

It seems that now you are asking the right questions. Why would a website that has been shamelessly whoring inflammatory and emotive topics that have far less evidence than this topic to go on. And still # this one down. Again I say I think I might be a hoax. But it is interesting how they choose what to close and 404 and what to keep.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
...But it is interesting how they choose what to close and 404 and what to keep.

I'm pretty sure they way they normally handle duplicate threads is that they usually keep the first thread started (the earliest) on a certain topic and close all of the redundant/duplicate threads that were made after it.

Out of the five duplicate threads I found on this topic, this is the earliest one made, so that's probably why this was the one kept open. That would be consistent with how they normally do it.

Of the other four (all which have been closed due to being duplicate threads), one of them was started about 3 hours after this thread, and another thread was started 4 1/2 hours after this one. The other two closed threads were made about 19 and 21 hours (respectively) after the first one was started.

edit on 4/20/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I made a duplicate thread and it got deleted, which I don't mind, the mod was 12m8keall2c.
Seems they havent given a reason why this thread was put into the hoax section, seems it's getting attention among the MSM's now.
Dead Alien article

12m8keall2c might want to chime in on this thread and give a reason for it's position in the hoax forum.

edit on 20-4-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

NOTE TO ADD: Why were the other threads that were deleted in the Aliens and UFO section but this one isn't ???
edit on 20-4-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have to agree with you 100%. Originally I would have said this was a fake. Although, why would the MSM make such a big deal about it and why would the Russian police get involved.

The chicken and bread explanation is extreme. Someone needs to duplicate this using the same method to prove this is a fake.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Out of the five duplicate threads I found on this topic, this is the earliest one made,

lol...get with it dude...the was the first thread they didn't OUTRIGHT DELETE...people had been trying to post this for days. All the threads were 404'd...and when they finally allowed this thread, they simply moved it straight into the hoax section without any discussion.

And how can that be a chicken stuffed with bread, has anyone considered the actual size of the thing in comparison to the dog and people? What about the gelatinous appearance? That's clearly not filled with bread.
It's more likely to be a dummy made of ballistics gel.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok. So I did some research and may have found inconsistencies with the Russian news agency reporting the video as a fake. Now am not suggesting by any means that the video is real. That is your decision. Because I was not there, I never seen evidence, I can only point out where the story does not line up with the facts.

RT News, a Russian news agency, which despite its looks, is a government run media outlet. They reported the video as a fake/hoax based on this statement:

The chief editor of the local Kabansk-Info newspaper initially thought that it was the body of an infant in the video and alerted the police. Officers immediately started the investigation and identified the alleged author. The tiny “dead alien” is just skin from chicken filled with bread... The scared man reportedly showed a fake alien corpse. It was even painted in “alien colors."

Now as far as I know, there was no one else with the two men when this alleged video was shot. I have spoken to the original uploader of the video, as stated in a previous post. And according to him (whether he is telling the truth or not is another story, but at least it is from the horse's mouth) there was no newspaper editor present when the video was shot (though these correspondents were yesterday, and have since not heard anything back from him which is weird because he is convinced I, or someone else(s) are going to pay him) So unless this newspaper editor saw the body himself, then he/she would have had to make their "infant" claim by just watching the video. That is the case in this report. Maybe I am thinking too much of humans and common sense, but my first reaction to seeing this video was definitely NOT "OMG IT'S A BABY!" I never once had that thought cross my mind to be perfectly honest.

Also there is not a single mention of this video or his encounter with the alleged creature on their website. I also find it interesting that they managed to track down the "author", despite there having been at least 2 men on scene, within 4 days, when they didn't even upload the video themselves. But we are also assuming these men were part of the military in some form. If so, then why would the police go to their house? Why would the police have anything to do with a military matter? Why would military men even speak to the police much less confess to something the military is allegedly involved in?

Finally, I don't see how this creature, found in the snow, where it is wet, managed to stay its shape with the bread soaking up whatever liquid is around and managing not to squirt out of every hole and socket. And for some random guy, living in the middle of nowhere in Siberia, he has a lot of talent to paint it "alien colors" and make it look the way he did. I think that was a bit too much effort for someone that far out, not to mention the resources and money it would take to pull this stunt off. And something tells me there are not too many hobby shops and art supply stores in the middle of Siberia. So assuming these are military men, and they did manage to smuggle this video to someone who could upload it or whatever, and they were found by "police," then it might also be safe to assume that anyone involved in leaking it, will probably be killed if they are not dead already.

And I will mention the ABC News report for neutrality, even though they just went way off the wagon on this one, interviewing a "paranormal expert." Now do you get a PhD in the paranormal to become an expert? Is there schools you can go to the get accredited degrees? As far as I know, there isn't even any proof, let alone credible evidence that the paranormal even exists. Yet we fund organizations and societies to research the area/field. So without evidence of the paranormal, I think ABC just did a piss poor job of reporting on this one. I think they should have just kept their mouth shut altogether:

'Dead Alien' Video on YouTube Goes Viral

Benjamin Radford, a paranormal investigator and managing editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine, said the video is most certainly the work of pranksters. "It's clearly a hoax," he said. The first "big red flag" is the way the video was shot, he said. Instead of just stumbling upon the alien, the camera man gives the viewer a wide-angle so-called "establishing shot" of the landscape before zooming right onto the alien as he and his friend find it. "This is film-making 101. We see this in sitcoms, we see this in virtually every film in order to establish a place and scene for the viewer," he said. "It makes sense in the context of a fake film but it does not make sense in the context of someone suddenly finding this alien creature."

That is my argument...take it with a grain of salt if you like. I am not saying it's real, but I am saying that the media is lying...(but I shouldn't have to say that...)

NOTE: I also did some math, just for the fun of it, in regards to an alleged UFO caught on Russian radar at an airport posted on February 25.

Close encounters of the purred kind: Aliens spoke to us in a 'cat-like language' claim Russian flight controllers

Air traffic controllers in Siberia claim they were buzzed by a high-speed UFO with a female sounding alien who spoke in an unintelligible cat-like language. The mystery object suddenly burst onto flight monitors over the remote Russian diamond capital of Yakutsk. It was shown flying at a speed of slightly over 6000 mph, and rapidly changing direction in the early morning sky, it is claimed.

Yakutsk is roughly 1152 miles from Irkutsk Using the distance calculator here. At over 6000MPH as they claim, it could go 1100 miles in a matter of seconds, maybe minutes. This somewhat coincides with recent UFO reports in the areas, specifically in late February, and early to mid March

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: add video from March 3rd

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

edit on 20-4-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify ugh

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
NOTE TO ADD: Why were the other threads that were deleted in the Aliens and UFO section but this one isn't ???

I may be wrong, but I think those other threads were closed before this was moved to the hoax section (at least 2 of them were).

I know there are exceptions, but it doesn't seem to be ATS's habit to move closed threads to the hoax section. There is no need to move them, because the closed threads are being redirected (at least 3 of the 4 closed threads are)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Everything that is needed to be known on the subject can be found in THIS post.

So much for planted crashes and fake disclosures.
If Aliens descides to make themselves known here once and for all, they will turn up either the people and the Government wants it or not and it will be in a very indeniable way.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The first time i heard about his alien i watched a video on youtube by ALLNEWSWEB i immediately knew it was fake because he is a know hoaxer and i have seen previous videos by him.
edit on 21-4-2011 by littleweedmen because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok I'm not saying it's real, but chicken skin filled with bread? You know why they came up with that as an excuse? Becasue these people live in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

To say it was a ballistics gel model or something would be ridiculous considering where they live, but to say it's chicken and bread is absurd also. I mean seriously people, does that look like it's chicken skin stuffed with bread? With all those freeze burns on the skin and everything? Let's get real here.

And I saw something about people claiming the people who took the video say it was fake. Yea, maybe the govt got involved, said "oh wow, this is serious. We'll kill you if you dont say it's a hoax", and that was that.

Just my thoughts. Disclosure coming soon, too much evidence to keep brushing under the carpet.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Heres another video of the alien , it shows how small it is, and that it could be made from chicken skin because its not tha big
note the matchbox for scale.
notice the shape of the leg and hip area, and the texture on the top of the legs looks like chicken to me..

Ruuian snow alien, because chicken taste better with vodka.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by littleweedmen

Too bad he didn't make the video...all he did was claim credit for something someone else did. The video, aside from having been posted to their site, has absolutely nothing to do with AllNewsWeb.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I just don't see the chicken. I think that because the Russian media ran with that lame excuse, so did everyone else. Assuming this is an actual photograph of the alleged alien that is. Meh...oh well. One of these days a video like this will be real, and no matter what, everyone is going to call it a hoax and listen to whatever news media tells them.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yeah i hear you, but i just have a slightly different criteria to what i will belive in, i wouldn't be here if i didn't think it was possible

When they find one that has some technology or clothing with it, something , anything that shows me more then what i have seen ill believe
but i dont believe they would venture out to explore on their own, at least a team of two, and they wouldn't leave the body to find...
and if they can cloak the ship, why would they not cloak themselves..
i know this can be picked apart as well. but i am just a healthy skeptic, not a non believer

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join