It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need a good Job??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

....are any of you guys pilots, they are looking for a few good men....

I'm probalby too old, but would salivate for a chance to even get close to space!

( Hey...if John Glenn could crank one out, again...at age 75+?? Well....I still got a few good years left in me, then.
)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

semper, please take this as just a funny take on the concept....of "job advancement" in the fast-food industry. Tickled my funnybone, anyway.....:

Oh....and almost forgot, "Tommy's" promotion:

edit on 19 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
LOL , that video was PERFECT. thankyou

edit on 4/19/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mkkkay

....are any of you guys pilots, they are looking for a few good men....

I'm probalby too old, but would salivate for a chance to even get close to space!

( Hey...if John Glenn could crank one out, again...at age 75+?? Well....I still got a few good years left in me, then.
)

Hey! you will never know if you don't try... it cost nothing to try.
It would be great to see a member of ats in space, we could get real answers for once.
go,go, god speed....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

LOL!!!

They have (as one qualification) at least 2.5 years as a "test pilot"...that is a very, very exclusive club!!!

(Almost always a military background, there....or, maybe a civilian employed by an airframe manufacturer....unfortunately, neither are in my C.V.)!

Oh, well.....

edit on 19 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
So "work ethic' is pushed by TPTB? ok, i guess for THOUSANDS of years anyone who works for a living is a slave. Even if they get a house, food, and goods in return?

The idea of work has been around for a long while - in an energy-scarce condition, work is required. But the term, "work ethic" is a fairly recent addition to our vocabulary, and was pushed by the industrialists. For more info, see:

www.coe.uga.edu...

I TOTALLY disagree with your perspective, you seem to have bought into a concept of sitting around doing nothing and being rewarded. I hope i misunderstood you, but everything about your post and previous posts makes me think you just want to collect disability insurance or welfare, and bash anyone who works for someone else.

That's because you have been ingrained with the "ethic" of work. And in scarcity. I have bought into the concept that if Each of Us had the opportunity to pursue Our bliss, with Our robots to do necessary work no one wants to do, far better Works would be done on this planet. Since all money is is a representation of meaningful energy expended, adding effectively infinite energy will make money unnecessary, and allow everyOne to live richly if They choose. This is the abundance paradigm.

If you wish to learn more about the abundance paradigm, please read the OP's in two threads of mine (linked in my sig). The End of Entropy is the foundation (read first) and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform is the structure.

I'll give you an example of why employment is exactly the opposite of slavery.

A tradesman who earns 30 an hour hires someone new and pays him 10 an hour. Now that tradesman is making 35 an hour, because he is more productive with his 10 dollar an hour helper.

Now, in your world, the employee making 10 an hour is a slave, and being "used". But in the REAL world, he is getting an OPPORTUNITY to learn the ropes, he gets paid enough to enjoy his life, and within a couple of years he will be earning upwards of 15 or 20 an hour.

Now, I guess to you, a proper business model is a design of slavery and human abuse. But it's a totally self righteous and diluted perspective. We would all be dead if everyone had your mindset.

Only in scarcity and without the recent development of robots and the Interweb. Do check out my threads.

"Or we can eliminate the need for money and get rid of the "work ethic," replacing it with the Betterment Ethic, thereby Each being able to work in Their bliss as opposed to having to be a slave."

Regarding that sentence, I don't understand your concept of how society should function. If there is no currency, then how do you get a carpenter to build your home, or get food for your stomach?

Robots handle the tending of fields, and deliver produce upon ordering on the Interweb, robots do carpentry, people who love to build and/or program robots do the building/programming (no shortage of that type), and the people who love to do carpentry can also do carpentry. They will gain status as they build excellent Works. See my threads.

Is everything to be given away? your services given away trusting that others will give you everything you need?

In a sense, yes. Except that you WILL have what you need, courtesy of robots. For the asking. And you will do what brings YOU bliss. Maybe paint. Maybe play tennis. Maybe create a video game. Maybe find a cure for a disease. Maybe plumb the depths of particle physics. Whatever. As long as you remain within the three Laws.

How would they establish order?

A central site on the Interweb - read the threads. This is explained.

quote]Are you refusing to participate in society as it is designed because you hold out hope for some utopian civilization with no money, no bad feelings, and nothing but happy love joy?

How do you mean, "refusing to participate in society?" As in not get a job? No. I don't get a job because no one will give me one. (Laid off 5 years ago, went through savings, 401K, help from friends and family, went homeless - and then on social services; during this time somewhere between 35,000 and 50,000 job applications have been made, on the web and in person, ranging from administrative assistant to graphics (my forte) to chicken plucker. Any job I could sit down at. I know that until these ideas spread to the tipping point, slaving at a hated job will support me better than no job at all.)

From the dawn of civilization, currency has existed. It wasnt always coins, sometimes it was grains, or salt, or sugar, or trading goods between people. But it has existed since humans were intelligent enough to understand how it works.

From the dawn of history We have NOT had the robotics We have now. We have not had the Interweb We have now. We have not had the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/radiant/orgone/...) energy extraction methods (which are known by me personally to be in black ops) until now. With these, We can eliminate poverty and bring in a Golden Age of Humankind. Read the threads, and also the thread, "Who are "They?" linked as well.

So explain to me then what your perspective is?

I have given you an overview.

Mainly, if you have a job you hate, or are even indifferent about, you are a slave. The vast majority of Us hate our jobs or at least are indifferent to them. Only the Ones who LOVE Their job are NOT slaves.

Check out those three threads.

Check out those three threads.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So your entire theory is based on 100% free energy, food , and all resources being infinite. Also based on us having robots high enough in technology to tackle any job humans wouldn't feel passionate about.

Yes, if all resources were infinite, energy was free, and evil didn't exist your theory could work. I'll give you that much.
edit on 19-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OK OK, i understand your dream vision now, it is simply the perfect world you envision.

Us having every technology we could ever need, being able to design robots to do virtually everything we need done for us, without human assistance. Having infinite free energy and resources.

That vision is noble, and i've certainly had the same dream, but refusing to work today because your utopia doesn't exist is counter productive. To get to the point in your vision for humanity, we would need to further develop infrastructure and technologies.

I believe we slowly have worked towards that end since the beginning of mankind. You are simply too impatient to let it happen and complain that we should already be there. It has to evolve over time.

Yes if there was an "overmind" and everyone felt exactlyt eh same about everything, we could possibly reach your vision of utopia within years, but everyone is an individual and has to form their own opinions on some levels, not to mention all the cultural divides.

And as for being a slave if you work a job you don't "love and feel passionate about through and through"

I disagree completely. I feel like much more of a slave with an empty bank account, unable to do the things i enjoy. Being a slave to my own poverty. Your vision of utopia is basically a star trek ship where you can get everything made for you magically by asking the computer to make it happen.

Unfortunately you are seemingly against contributing to society to help us get there. You are instead complaining about having to do work in the mean time.

I'll put it to you another way. 200 years ago backbreaking labour was the standard. Because thats what people had to do to survive. There were no "robots" to do everything humans desire.

Those people worked hard to make their lives easier, they invented technologies through labour and sweat. life was hard.

And because our forefathers worked so hard, we get to work a little bit LESS hard than they had to.

And if you and i do our job correctly, our ancesters will be doing LESS physical labour than we are today.

Unfortunately your politics on the situation and your vision form a catch 22.
On one hand you want a utopia where we have incredible technological breakthroughs, but on the other hand you don't think anyone should have to work. Well, without blood sweat and tears, these technologies won't be developed. So i guess you'll just have to keep insulting the people out there doing the hard work , until we reach that point in the distant future where everybody on earth can sit back and "find themselves" for 40 years.

Im thinking your ancestors, the ones who had no choice but to work their butts off all their life to stay alive, are just about rolling over in their graves contemplating your perspective.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This?
From a MOD?

Come on man.

Join the fight to poison your fellow brothers and sisters!

F that.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
McD's is offering 50,000 jobs nation-wide, and there are a total of 14,000 McD's across the USA, so about 3 new jobs per restaurant. The starting salary is an average of $8.35 /hour, and I believe these are part-time jobs, not full-time.

I think this kind of job is fine for a high school kid, someone going to college part-time, or a retired person who just wants to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks. For someone who needs to make at least $2000/month to pay the mortgage and bills, these McJobs are non-starters.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
reply to post by Amaterasu

Again, someone who needs to think about reality. Your dreams of some Utopian society where currency doesn't exist just doesn't and will not work. It won't ever happen because people are people. You can't trust everyone to live up to their end of the bargain...

What? You think "Do what Thou wilt within the three Laws" is a hard bargain for people to keep? No one "bargains." People who love to build and program robots will do so for the bliss, status, personal satisfaction, prestige, reputation, etc. People who love to make movies will make movies. People who love to solve problems will solve problems.

And again. IT IS NOT A UTOPIA. It's just a hell of a lot better for billions and billions of people. You say it won't work but you're wrong. You look at things through scarcity glasses. Read my threads in my sig - the Entropy one and the Ethical one - if you haven't already.

In fact you are a shining example of that statement. No wonder you won't work anywhere, you think you are more valuable and special than an entire community of worker's well being.

WTF!?! Where did THAT come from? Do tell. You're making s**t up there. Where won't I work? WalMart. Where have I applied to work? The list is very long - with 35,000 to 50,000 job applications in the last five years, for admin. asst., graphics, video, web animation (Flash), and even CHICKEN PLUCKER. I can't work jobs that require me to stand more than about 1/2 hour at a stretch - I have a rheumatological condition that precludes standing longer - but other than that, I can't say I have been overly picky.

And it is specifically for the entire community of Humanity that I spread the ideas I offer. Because I value Humanity VERY highly.

Being a part of a company is not slavery, it is a group of people working together towards a common goal.

Where the company makes the money off those workers' energy at the bottom, paying THEM poorly to afford the CEO salary. Yeah. They're not slaves.

Even if that goal is to serve a few Big Macs. Who cares how healthy the food is? Do you have to eat it? No. The customers of McDonald's choose to eat the food, they are not forced to. If Big Mac is what they want. Big Mac is what they get. The customer is always right. You're in no position to judge anyone else or deem what is consumable or right for them.

What if you care so much you want people to be aware of the wretched food they are choosing? Can you hand them that Big Mac with a smile? I guess if you don't CARE about the people you serve, then smile away, eh?

A lot of things should be different in this world, but they aren't. If you have a solution that works, I'd like to hear it. You don't seem to be very proactive or even reactive about this situation. You seem to be concerned but you are doing nothing to influence the situation. Do you really have a right to be concerned? What good does your concern do if you won't do anything about it?

Man, get off your high horse. I have written the threads, supported them fully, and tell everyone I can about them. That is hardly "doing nothing to influence the situation." The most important thing for the ideas to succeed is for them to spread.

Seriously, dude.

On a final note, you said you want to replace work ethic with Betterment Ethic? HAHA.
Any job, task, or goal you have requires some sort of work ethic in order to accomplish or finish.

Not so. People do marvelous things for bliss only. Linux is an awesome example. No one had a "work ethic" on that project. They had a Betterment Ethic, and were paid for good work in reputation, satisfaction, and bliss. It is a fallacy that any "work" ethic is needed.

Work ethic is just the nature of the beast. The human and the job at hand. Without any work ethic, any job or menial task would be even worse and it would take even longer to accomplish. We would still be pre-dark ages if work ethic was replaced by your "new and improved" ethic.

First, menial tasks will be relegated to the robots (and anyone who loves to do them). And in the pre-dark ages, energy scarcity was still a problem Today We are at a UNIQUE place in Our present history: We have, for the first time, the Interweb, the robotics, and the plenum energy. With awareness and Will, We can shift from the scarcity paradigms of yesterday to a free and leisurely abundance paradigm, eliminating poverty and virtually all crime.

Give me a break... Wait no, better yet.. You take a break and go drink some more kool-aid.

Alright, snot-face. Get off your high horse.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by r129s215

I still agree & will continue my job search, 12 hours a week doesn't pay the bills.

someone has to run the register, cook the food, bring it to you, etc when we go out. if there weren't individuals willing to "lower their standards" so to speak, none of us would be eating out, some of you would be mowing your own yards & who would do your dry cleaning among other "menial jobs"? what happened to pride in a job well done & for a hard days work?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You know whats really sad n messed up the most! you never ever see mcdonlad commercials today, with grinnus, the hanmburler, and ronald mcdonald. ever. have they gotten that greedy??? i have a picture of me when i was a baby, 1975, of a lcoal mcdonalds, ronald (whomever it was, dresed up as him) holding me for my mom to take a picture of. seems like ever since the mid 90's, mcdonalds has gotten rid of those 3 characters, and replaced the, with china made toxic toys* and they all seem to be repeast, never a variety, at least at my local one it was for a while mid 90's.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

They don't want to get sued. Remember Joe Camel well old Ronald disappeared about the same time

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Most people who are out of work, are over qualified for this, so its only for beginners really, or youth. Many people work up from Mcdonald's. My niece is now working at a higher level position in the railway and makes a good income with benefits. My concern is of course, anything that supports GMO food, which is mainly what that is, so for people working in some jobs they may want to start their own business on the side and hope it provides a vehicle for switching because ethics do count too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I hope Semper didn't have a scare, or any kind of problem at work and was seriously considering a new career.

Noway. Shut up Randy!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So they are basically hiring new people at the lowest wages. Sounds like a good deal for them. Im sure that people will be replaced. I like how they try to make it sound as if they are doing something good.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Please swing a hammer or do something that gives you a sense of accomplishment.Nothing is worse than a man that despises where he works.Save McDs for LAST possibility.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What a load of crap, it's just politics. Mcd's gets a healthcare waiver and obama get's a nice jump in job numbers.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join