It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi Forces Firing On Civilians In Misrata, Says Head Of NATO Military Operations In Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Gaddafi Forces Firing On Civilians In Misrata, Says Head Of NATO Military Operations In Libya

www.huffingtonpost.com

OTTAWA (Reuters) - The head of NATO's military operations in Libya Monday accused forces loyal to leader Muammar Gaddafi of hiding in hospitals and firing on civilians from the roofs of mosques in the rebel-held city of Misrata.

Misrata, Libya's third largest city, has been under siege for seven weeks by Gaddafi's military, during which hundreds of civilians are thought to have been killed, and evacuees say conditions are becoming increasingly desperate.

"The regime's forces have used snipers on top of mosques, they are hiding beside hospitals, they have got their armored vehicles i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hopefully though i think this will be the problem. But why only the mandate for the UN and NATO to stop Gaddafi from attacking his civilians instead of just removing him from power? So only the Libyan rebels can do? Hopefully this will be done and over with. That's the problem. What do you guys think about this?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

instead of just removing him from power? So only the Libyan rebels can do? Hopefully this will be done and over with. That's the problem. What do you guys think about this?

you believing western news propaganda that Gaddafi is killing his own people? this whole thing from the start its just so they can remove Gaddafi, rather then sending there forces looks like NATO will send forces seeing that the terrorists failed there task.

Why are you supporting the rebels? they are bunch of terrorists backed by the west and the rebels dont have the backing of 6 million in libya CNN Anderson he has also said that the rebels in few about 1000s or so.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I totally agree! Why are you supporting the rebels? First of all the whole mess is about Quadaffi selling oil for gold instead of US dollars exactly the same reason Iraq was invaded, also the supposed rebels are led by someone who lived in the USA in very close proximity to the farm in virginia, hopefully you know what "the farm is" fairfax virginia CIA headquarters, then after he returned to Libya there was an amalgamation with Al-Quaeda factions, who as we all know are a group that was created by and funded by the CIA in Afganistan to fight the russians. Does any of this sound familiar? So the US using it's clout within Nato is through media manipulation and other means doing everything possible to make the present regime look bad and itself look innocent of invading yet another soveriegn country. Libya like Iraq is , has, always been a country of tribal factions just like Iraq and afganistan still are to this day and probably always will be. It takes a very strong leader to rule such nations where every one is trying to stab everyone else in the back when they are not looking. Like the "hung man" who led iraq into the 21st century with infrastructure, education, hospitals and general modernization, the general who lives in a tent has done the same for Libya, sure he took over from a king that favoured the people of eastern LIbya, again it's all tribal factions and loyalties and the west should just keep there very very dirty hands out of it period. And in my book this whole thing was probably planned years ago and is part of a much larger plan which could inevitably lead us into world war 111 or already has. The Bear will sit and watch for only so long.

edit on 19-4-2011 by voodmon because: missed an important point

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Soo? My educated peers? Why has this topic been hidden from the "new" section? I post what I post at great risk to myself, but I do it for a reason, and I thought that reason was what this site was all about..FREEDOM of SPEECH. I come from a family that were perhaps Templars, my grandfather died too soon in the midst of teaching me # codes, he was one of the people at cambridge that broke the enigma code and went on to to do many other things including . L. Dopa, (Robin willliams "Sleeper" the bandaid with the holes in it, and of course how flouride kills human body cells in vitro etc, some things he was bound by the official secrets act as was Berry too, but I grew up with him. His words Like the Motto here were. Question everything, take nothing at face value always look behind the scenes and what ever you do, never never sell your soul. I speak out on here about the man in tent because I have a father who travelled extensivly within the middle east for business within that area and over time has related some of his experiences with me and I am sure he would never venture to post on here. I my self met Mubbarrack myself and worked for a week with his security detail as I did with with Morrocco, Greece, and many other countries, As I look back at what I did in those days I am not very proud of what I did sometimes with a CIA guy sitting beside me. There was much more, esp driving Kissenger himself and hearing that growling voice in my back seat. However I talk to much. What I am telling you is. If they were doing that then. Then what are they capable of now? I know! that is why I speak out. cheers all

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
propaganda why is it all eyes on libya i have seen no proof what so ever of slaughter What about the brutal crackdown on bahrain??
Just seen this on youtube www.youtube.com... why would this guy lie?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I wonder too how much truth is in this these reports. When I see a barage of headlines all flooding the front page in support of an idea like this it smells of propaganda.

Maybe Quadaffi is killing his people...I don't know. I know we have slaughtered plenty of civilians in accidental strikes. I can see how that could be spun by anyone wanting to demonize us.

As far as Quadaffi using human sheilds...well I suppose the rebels would like it much more if he would just stand out in an open feild or a military base that could easily be blown up. The dude is just running for his life.

I'm not saying I support Quadaffi...but I am very suspicious about what's happening in the middle east right now. I think there is much more to it than what we are reading on the front page of Google.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Replace the name "Gaddaffi" with "Saddam" and you'll see where this is going.....

Second

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Those ground troopd that the US swore would never happen
even while special forces were on the ground...
they are going in to finish the INVASION...

gentlemen to the queen!
now FORWARD into the breach!
oh yes the US is running this...
To the QUEEN!
edit on 19-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

join