It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Moving Violation ? want to plead not guilty?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

but what are the chances of someone appealing a ruling on a traffic citation?

Therein lies the problem. Their little charade depends on people taking the cheaper and more convenient way out by paying a few hundred bucks in fines as opposed to spending the time and money necessary to appeal a ruling of this type.

The problem stems from the fact courts view citations not as punishment, but as a source of revenue.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Not only that, but they also consider the option of paying a citation as a concession they are making for the benefit of the offender. I'm aware of many agencies that use citations as a quicker and easier way of settling things, but there is the implied "penalty" of going through the more ardous process, with more severe consequences if they don't agree to pay the citation.

Citations are meant to bring in more revenue, create a documented consequence, and cost the state less effort and expense.
I am fighting one of Florida's brilliant new Red Light Traffic tickets right now. I have already refused to pay the 1/2 price original non-moving fee. It was upgraded to a Traffic Citation, with double the fine at that juncture. I disputed the traffic citation, which resulted in a court case. Now, I have to go to an "arraignment" on the traffic citation case, but it is only to enter a plea, no evidence will be presented. Then it will be rescheduled for a hearing at that time.

Their intent was to just collect the $140 bucks, they never wanted it to take up space on their dockets. I plan to fight it to the bitter end, because they don't even have a picture of the driver! They wrote the ticket in my wife's name. She wasn't driving. The key hangs on the keyhook at our home, where at least 5 licensed drivers have access in any given week. Plus their photograph looks as if my vehicle was already across the white intersection line (by a couple of inches) at the time of the light change. Therefore I was already in the intersection, and it is not a violation.

They are wasting hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on their end, while they are wasting countless hours on my end, all to prosecute a worthless ticket with no basis whatsoever? Obviously their plan was just to collect those dummy fees from the people that pay the initial fine.

There is already a bill in the Florida Congress to repeal the whole Red Light Camera thing. Hopefully it goes through before I have to go back to court.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know of those evils all too well. Fought one in AZ on the basis that the fine issued from the camera ticket was different than the fine I would have received if I had gotten pulled over by a cop for the same alleged infraction. Ticket was tossed, and eventually a few cities in the Phoenix metro area got rid of the cameras on the grounds they were unconstitutional.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

appeals - of the appeals that I have seen reverse a lower courts decision appears to be dictated by how much of a fight your putting up... if you fight real hard - you stand a better chance of approval. if you just take it - the answer is always the same... NO.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yea, I lost my case against NIST the other day. I'm all bummed out that the evidence the government provided the public can not be used to hang some murdering bastards... oh well.,.. welcome to a prison without bars ....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Keep doing it and they will remove your profile like they did to mine!

Actually, in retrospect, it was easier to delete this way!

ATS Link
edit on 4/22/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

KEEP FIGHTING!!!

I am doing it here in my state. These tickets are not legal by definition and they are not based on anything but a computer program which has no way of differentiating one situation from the other.
But they can kiss my butt now because I hooked up a switch to my plate cover which is covered in LED's, hit the switch and the plate glows white as the sun for the camera.
I do not see the problem with sharing this information above because these types of laws need to be stopped now! What is next, bad language detectors giving us tickets in public places?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join