It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson breaks 20 year silence,Speaks about Global Warming...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by IAMIAM

For someone who has committed horrible acts, and who as vowed to continue committing horrible acts, what advantage is there to forgiveness and love? In your opinion, is it not a good idea to lock away people that murder and steal? Or am I misunderstanding here?

Doesn't forgiveness mean that you are relieving a person from the responsibility of their actions?

Forgiving someone like Manson isn't the same thing as letting him out of prison. You can forgive someone, yet still recognize that there is a punishment for their crime. Think of it this way: As a parent, you may punish your child for acting out. You still love them, but you realize that even though they're crying and sad, it is in their and everyone's best interest to see the punishment through.

People make mistakes, and do horrible things. I truly believe people can change, but only those who are actually committed to change in their hearts are deserving of forgiveness to me. If someone is intent on doing harm to others for the rest of their life, what good can come from forgiving or loving them, other than to facilitate their ability to further harm others?

What good comes from within us. Forgiveness and love provide calmness and peace, and that's just one part of it.

Plus, how do you know that the person intent on doing harm today, may change their mind tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Good point.

Manson also tattooed a swastika to his forehead. Am I supposed to believe that tattooing a swa... Wait...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have heard the message that you preach before, but maybe because of the circumstance of the conversation, or my current mood, it does give me pause to think more than it has in the past, which is why it took me a few days to reply.

After a short amount of thinking, I am struggling with this:

Forgiveness and love for your fellow man is a concept that I would support, but there are a few circumstances where I don't see the good in it.

For someone who has committed horrible acts, and who as vowed to continue committing horrible acts, what advantage is there to forgiveness and love? In your opinion, is it not a good idea to lock away people that murder and steal? Or am I misunderstanding here?

Thank you for considering my point of view my friend. I know it is not an easy one to accept, and I can assure you I did not decide to accept it myself. It came as an epiphany that shocked me as much as hearing it shocks you. I do not think it is a good idea to lock people away who murder and steal, at least not the way we do today. The way we imprison violent offenders today only leads to further violent behavior. The are locked in cages like animals and must fight for their survival. Even petty criminals come out of prison more violent than they went in. It is inhumane and it is the reason we have such a broken society as we do.

Doesn't forgiveness mean that you are relieving a person from the responsibility of their actions? Which goes against what you said earlier about people being responsible for what they do? If you murder someone, and intend to continue murdering people, or refuse to "repent" (not in the religious sense) for your actions, aren't you basically opting out of deserving love and forgiveness?

Forgiveness, to me at least, is an acknowledgement that if I had been born with the same physical characteristics, to the same lifestyle, and faced with the same sufferings, I too may very well have committed what ever acts they have committed. It is recognising the humanity in us all. It is KNOWING that we are nothing more than our life experiences. That is the only thing that makes us different.

Loving them is wanting to relieve the suffering that caused them to make the choices they have. This may mean a temporary loss of freedom for them, it may mean a lengthy loss of freedom. This loss of freedom is not to harm, but is focused strictly on uncovering what ails them, finding the cure, healing them, and helping them return to society. We can do this. Right now it is more profitable to have slave labor and it is more profitable to the justice system to have violent predators on the streets to make people believe that the system is needed. A lot of lawyers, judges, law enforcement officers, and elected officials would lose their job if things are done my way. You would have a peaceful loving society though.

People make mistakes, and do horrible things. I truly believe people can change, but only those who are actually committed to change in their hearts are deserving of forgiveness to me. If someone is intent on doing harm to others for the rest of their life, what good can come from forgiving or loving them, other than to facilitate their ability to further harm others?

People are not making mistakes my friend. They are doing what they need to do to survive and thrive. Look at the world we have created. Look how hard life is. We accept it as the way it is supposed to be because it is the way it always has been. Yet in the pit of our misery and depression, and I do not know ANYONE who has not visited that pit, we KNOW there is a better way. We know there must be a better way. It simply does not make sense to suffer as much as we do. So we do the best we can and turn to our "afterlife" to provide us a better world.

Heaven is right here in front of us. It is this world, this earth we have been gifted. All that we need to live an abundant worry free life is right here in front of us. We cannot see it because we are focused on pursuing those material things that "make life easier". We need our big houses, our cell phones, our X-boxes, our microwave ovens, etc. They are built cheaply so they do not last so the cycle of desire is never ending. So that we never can pause and reflect on what is important. While we are in this rat race our children are being fed violence, hate, and death through their video games, cartoons, and media. They are being prepared and indoctrinated to be hateful and uncaring, to be warfighters and servants to the materialistic empire we have created.

While all this is going on, we cast judgement at thieves? Really? They are the criminals because they steal a little piece of the material pie, while the war machine that drives the whole thing is allowed to go free?

We judge murderers? What of the mass murder we allow in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and many many other places around the world for oil to keep our empire of materialism going? What about the death through starvation we have caused parts of Africa, and South America? When you have the ability to prevent suffering, and you choose not to, are you not as much guilty as the one who causes another to suffer?

We are a mixed up broken world my friend. I do not fault anyone for it for we all are nothing more than the sum of our experiences. If you have not seen beyond your experiences, then how can you be expected to know better. We do reap what we sow my friend. As long as we continue to judge one another instead of Loving one another, our world will continue to spiral down the drain. The choice for salvation is in each of our hands. When will we love all, judge none, and live in peace?

It is our destiny, and we each have it in our heart and are capable of finding it. It takes a personal choice to commit to it, it takes sacrifice to implement, and it takes courage to live up to it.

Who will we serve, humanity or money. We all must make a choice.

The world we have is the world serving money.

The world that awaits is the world serving humanity.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

I have no idea what to make of this, Looks like he doesn't even fully understand global warming.

That's okay- Al Gore doesn't fully understand it either....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Haha, I believe its a natural phenomenon that can't be stopped no matter how eco-friendly we become (Of course we could stop deforestation)
, Think of it as the opposite of the ice age.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

If Manson was what awake looks like, then let me sleep !

btw, I just re-read your post,so do you think that you are God too? if so you must have an very low opinion as to what God is, nothing personal against you, it's just that your a human,with all the faults,failures and needs of a human,in my perception of God he would have none of these flaws,that's what makes him God.

edit on 21-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
If Manson was what awake looks like, then let me sleep !
If I didn't know better,I'd swear he was your hero,by the sound of your post.

Ok, I will leave you to your nap my friend. But don't blame me if you are suddenly shaken from your sleep.

I try to do it gently...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Love the sinner, hate the sin. In the words of my wise father-in-law.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What a rubbish article.

2nd line
3rd line

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

btw, I just re-read your post,so do you think that you are God too? if so you must have an very low opinion as to what God is, nothing personal against you, it's just that your a human,with all the faults,failures and needs of a human,in my perception of God he would have none of these flaws,that's what makes him God.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Come now my friend, I have described my relationship with the creator countless times on this forum. Certainly you have seen enough of me to KNOW I do not consider myself God. To answer the next question which may surface in your mind, I do not think I am Jesus either.

"I am what I am, and that's all what I am" - Popeye the Sailor

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 21-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Come now my friend, I have described my relationship with the creator countless times on this forum. Certainly you have seen enough of me to KNOW I do not consider myself God. To answer the next question which may surface in your mind, I do not think I am Jesus either.

"I am what I am, and that's all what I am" - Popeye the Sailor

With Love,

Your Brother

I know , I have read many of your post and they are beautiful and thought provoking, I am sorry if I mis-read you, it's just that you seemed to be equating waking up with believing that you are God, then you said that Manson was right, then quoted him saying"'You have to accept yourself as God' , as if this was what you were agreeing with him about. again I am sorry.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I know , I have read many of your post and they are beautiful and thought provoking, I am sorry if I mis-read you, it's just that you seemed to be equating waking up with believing that you are God, then you said that Manson was right, then quoted him saying"'You have to accept yourself as God' , as if this was what you were agreeing with him about. again I am sorry.

No need to be sorry my friend. I take nothing offensively. I do agree with Manson. We all are God, at least an image of that creator. We are capable of extreme benevolence. We are also the Devil, at least an image of that deceiver and adversary. Which one do we exemplify with our own lives?

Most are not awake to the power of choice within them. Their lives shape their destiny. They become cruel, because they have been treated with cruelty or them become kind because they have been blessed with kindness. The Awake ones are those who know we have a choice. These are the ones who face extreme cruelty and can rise above it and show extreme love and kindness. They Choose to exemplify the God within them. Others go down a different path and become the Devil incarnate, Manson.

Both are within us for we are images of the whole which is God.

We are NOT the whole, but images of the whole, and we are capable of either path.

I hope this clarifies what I meant.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well he is right. He has always been right. Many do not realise the awake mind that was Charles Manson. He was imprisoned for not a single crime. He never killed anyone. He convinced his followers to do the killing to teach people to stop being a follower of others.

Check out this quote from that article...

He told Vanity Fair Spain magazine: 'You have to accept yourself as God. You have to realise you’re just the Devil just as much as you’re God, that you’re everything and you’re nothing at all.

Yes indeed, dead on Charley.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 18-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Actually, this shows that psychopaths use spirituality and emotional and instinctual cravings to warp people's minds to do their bidding.

You have fallen for complete and utter bs.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Actually, this shows that psychopaths use spirituality and emotional and instinctual cravings to warp people's minds to do their bidding.

You have fallen for complete and utter bs.

Yeah, when you rise above judging based on the world of flesh, then come talk to me. Until then...

14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Of course I explained this already but you just had to pounce on it before you made it through the thread right?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yeah, when you rise above judging based on the world of flesh, then come talk to me. Until then...

Don't you realize how IDIOTIC that is? Have you ANY CLUE what kind of world we would live in if we didn't judge each other??

It's RETARDED.

Of course I explained this already but you just had to pounce on it before you made it through the thread right?

With Love,

Your Brother

I read the thread.

You're a fool.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No need to be sorry my friend. I take nothing offensively. I do agree with Manson. We all are God, at least an image of that creator. We are capable of extreme benevolence. We are also the Devil, at least an image of that deceiver and adversary. Which one do we exemplify with our own lives?

Most are not awake to the power of choice within them. Their lives shape their destiny. They become cruel, because they have been treated with cruelty or them become kind because they have been blessed with kindness. The Awake ones are those who know we have a choice. These are the ones who face extreme cruelty and can rise above it and show extreme love and kindness. They Choose to exemplify the God within them. Others go down a different path and become the Devil incarnate, Manson.

Both are within us for we are images of the whole which is God.

We are NOT the whole, but images of the whole, and we are capable of either path.

I hope this clarifies what I meant.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes it does, and you said it beautifully as usual, and I whole heartily agree,I also have been praying for the kind of compassion you have brother, bless you and thank you!

p.s. looking forward to meeting you some sweet day.here's two cool videos as token of thanks for your inspiration to me.

www.youtube.com...

The first scene in this one is hard to comprehend, but just think of the souls under the altar crying out, in revelation
www.youtube.com...

Love,
your Sister

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Don't you realize how IDIOTIC that is? Have you ANY CLUE what kind of world we would live in if we didn't judge each other??

Yes, I do have a clue what kind of world we would have if we did not judge each other, but loved each other unconditionally. You have never seen it. I have seen it because I walk in it as we speak.

All you know is the world where we judge one another. You do not mind this because you sit safely in your world of comfort passing judgement on others and the worst judgement you face is from a high school bully.

Perhaps your world view would be different if your family was eradicated in the blink of an eye by an off course Tomahawk missile.

Perhaps if you were scraping your buddies brains off your kevlar helmet because he was caught by an IED fighting a war based on the judgement of others.

Maybe if you were left to starve in a desert land because your country had no resources to exploit when we live in a world of plenty because you were judged unworthy of help.

Perhaps if it was you who faced the death penalty because you were rail roaded in a circus trial by a police force who wanted to make a black eye case disappear into the closed file, because you were judged the town trouble maker.

Perhaps if only you had felt the true price and iniquity of this judgemental society we have created in this world, you would not be so quick to support it.

Perhaps you will get the opportunity to feel the suffering of others. Perhaps you will feel the weight of judgement. Perhaps you will taste the iniquity you desire for others.

Perhaps it will be sooner than you think...

Originally posted by unityemissionsIt's RETARDED.

It IS.

You're a fool.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yes, I do have a clue what kind of world we would have if we did not judge each other, but loved each other unconditionally. You have never seen it. I have seen it because I walk in it as we speak.

Bull#. Hardcore bull#. EVERYONE judge's each other. You choose to deny this, fine, but I'm not buying your BULL#. Go sell it to weaker minds.

All you know is the world where we judge one another. You do not mind this because you sit safely in your world of comfort passing judgement on others and the worst judgement you face is from a high school bully.

I don't have a clue what you mean here. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Perhaps your world view would be different if your family was eradcated in the blink of an e
ye by an off course Tomahawk missile.

I have NO CLUE what you're talking about here. NONE whatsoever. I've lost my little brother already. Stop saying rubbish.

You're going to quote scripture??

This is the 21st century, man.

edit on 21-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have NO CLUE what you're talking about here. NONE whatsoever. I've lost my little brother already. Stop saying rubbish.

There are many young men who would love to have you as an older Brother my friend. Show love and kindness to all without judgement, and I promise you you will be rewarded with more Brothers and Sisters than you can count on one hand.

I am sorry for what you have lost, and I pray you will see what is waiting for you to gain.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join