It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* Missile attacks on Gaza school/civilian population by Israeli Military

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is footage from 2009, during counterattacks that occurred after Gazans rocketed Israel for weeks after being told to knock it off.

They kept it up.

You want to blame someone?

Find the SOB's that rocketed Israel for week after week, and brought this down on their heads.

The blood is on their heads.

And for an earlier poster who said he had read the Qur'an and nothing was forceful?

Now break out the Hadith. That's what these religious teachers are teaching from.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I can respect you for saying that Israel has a right to defend itself. I agree that every state has a right to self determination. Both Palestine and Israel have that right to self determination in the borders which are legal as defined under international law. However I cannot respect you as a human being in the way you discuss these tragic attacks. You show no sympathy, no humanity, nothing for the Palestinians killed. It is almost as if you don't care how many inoccent Palestinians die. Israeli critics are constantly reffered to as terrorist sympathisers, holocaust deniers, anti-semeitcs, nazi's, racists and so forth. However, from my personal expirience I find that those who crtisize Israel tend to be more in touch with humanity. They sympathise with both sides when inoccent humans are lost to un-necassary violence.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by FarArcher

I can respect you for saying that Israel has a right to defend itself. I agree that every state has a right to self determination. Both Palestine and Israel have that right to self determination in the borders which are legal as defined under international law. However I cannot respect you as a human being in the way you discuss these tragic attacks. You show no sympathy, no humanity, nothing for the Palestinians killed. It is almost as if you don't care how many inoccent Palestinians die. Israeli critics are constantly reffered to as terrorist sympathisers, holocaust deniers, anti-semeitcs, nazi's, racists and so forth. However, from my personal expirience I find that those who crtisize Israel tend to be more in touch with humanity. They sympathise with both sides when inoccent humans are lost to un-necassary violence.

Just because FarArcher is focused on trying to analyze a video which is clearly a hoax, doesn't mean by any stretch that he has no compassion for lives of Palestinians or any other human being.
Some people are more reserved than others when it comes to expressing feelings.
Rest assure, the worriers I have been around with all of my life, turned out to be the most compassionate people I know.
I'll believe their tears to be honest than the crocodile tears I often see here, that too often are brought for the sake of faked neutrality.
edit on 19-4-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

This is sad to watch..

But what makes you think a school was hit? I don't think any schools were targeted..

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

You do know that there was no "Palestinian" state in existence... EVER... yes? so, it was never "invaded"... most of the "Palestinians" are work immigrants from the middle east (Egypt, Syria, Trans-Jordan, Sudan etc) that came to "Palestine" during the 18th and 19th centuries as the Jews started populating it and elevating the standard of living there...

I do agree with you that there were indigenous people living in Israel who were not Jews, but they were in no way "displaced" when Jews came to live in the country.. actually, most of the country was pretty much empty (I refer you to Mark Twain's account as well as others).

Oh, and one more thing, Gaza, where there are no more Jews now for a couple of years (that has a border with Egypt - and therefore has no humanitarian crisis solely because of Israel...) had (until it was destroyed by the "Palestinians") a synagogue which was dated to about 1,000 years ago... and the main pillar in the main mosque in Gaza had a Hebrew inscription on it, as it was a gift from the Jews. Actually, until 1929 (when the Arabs rioted and killed scores of Jews in Hebron and other cities - remind me, was there occupation?) there was a flourishing Jewish settlement in Gaza, but the British evacuated them, and never let them return...

And as for attacking a school, well, if you look at the fourth Geneva convention, if you hide behind civilians, it's your fault if they get hurt.

And if they want their own state (as they have been offerred time and again), they need to man up and mark themselves as combatants... they do so in their drills... they like showing off by jumping through hoops of fire and all that crap, but they don't like to fight like real soldiers... and oh, they were ELECTED by their own people...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
This is footage from 2009, during counterattacks that occurred after Gazans rocketed Israel for weeks after being told to knock it off.

They kept it up.

You want to blame someone?

Find the SOB's that rocketed Israel for week after week, and brought this down on their heads.

The blood is on their heads.

And for an earlier poster who said he had read the Qur'an and nothing was forceful?

Now break out the Hadith. That's what these religious teachers are teaching from.

I would just like to state your claim that Hamas is to blaim for breaking the ceasefire. This is untrue. The reason Hamas launched the rockets was becuase Israel broke the ceasefire by marching into Palestine and killing 7 militants. Yes they killed combatants but keep in mind there was a 5 month ceasefire that hadn't yet been broken. I just wanted to clarify who the blaim lies with.
edit on 21-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Actually, that's not entirely accurate, let me try and see if I can get the facts straight.

Yes, Israel killed several armed Hamas operatives, based on intelligence that stated that they were planning on either abducting (or killing) Israeli tourists in Egypt (Passover is a popular time for Israelis to go to Sinai) - it has happened before.

As for a "cease-fire" yes, you are right, Hamas themselves haven't claimed responsibility for any of the attacks that came out of Gaza during that time (and there were attacks, not just rockets and mortars but also attacks against patrols on the Israeli side of the border), but since Hamas is the sovereign party in Gaza (elected by democratic elections in 2007), they are responsible for any hostile actions coming out of their territory... so, in essence there wasn't a real cease-fire.

Also, the last round was due to their attack on a school-bus, i.e. a plainly civilian target, which ended up killing a 16 year old boy. I imagine that if they attacked a military target or did something less "high-profile" Israel wouldn't have responded as it did - fact of the matter, Israel didn't do much after rocket attacks and mortar attacks, it only reacted after the school-bus attack... see my point?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

Lol your quite funny really. Well I find your posts hilarious anyway.

So let me get this right, Israel murders some people because they think they might be about to do something ..... and you say that ok ?

So if I thought my neighbour was maybe going to do something I didn't like it's ok if I go and shoot him.

I think you'll find that argument won't wash in any court anywhere in the world. Maybe in Israel but nobody else is gonna buy that bs.

Next point, you say Hammas is responsible for anything that comes out of Gaza, because they are elected.

So that would mean any elected government anywhere would be responsible for all crimes committed in their respective countries ...... again I'm afraid you are living in some kind of cloud cukoo land with that stupid reasoning.

Please go and get a reality check.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Maybe I wasn't explaining myself clearly enough.

1) Most countries in the world conduct covert operations against people who are about to perform aggressive acts against them, you just don't hear about it all that much... there is a difference between your example, which is a bit to over-simplified and my example. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that these Hamas people were planning an attack against Israeli civilians, should Israel have waited for them to act? or would then Israel would have neglected it's duty to defend its citizens? I mean, it's not like Israel can go to Hamas and say "look we know what you're up to, you'd better not do it... or else..."

2) Maybe that argument won't hold up in court, I am not a lawyer, so I cannot attest to that fact, I do know that most courts do recognize the right to self-defense... but like I said, I am no lawyer, and am willing to cede that point to you.

3) Again, I am not sure I was clear in my explanation. If I elect a government, and that government decides to go to war against another country, then yes, I am responsible for the actions of my country, and I am most certainly going to pay the costs of those decisions (i.e. Germans in WW II, Serbs, Germans in WW I - need I continue?)

Reality depends on where you live... I live in a place that's targeted by every kind of missile imaginable... trust me, it's not a good feeling, and still my country seems to do pretty well for itself in everything except PR...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

No you are wrong.

If the police get information about a possible crime about to be committed they get into position and watch the targets. Only when the targets are in position and clearly about to do something can the Police act and move in to arrest them.

The UK govermant had plenty of intelligence about IRA activities, but not once did they assassinate anybody or drob bombs on and cities, buildings, targets or anyone.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well, your first argument is police, but this is not a crime issue, it's more of a military issue, where standard police like action is not the best way to go - even though such actions are being carried out when you know you can reach that person without too big of a risk to ground personnel. However, when you have a target you know you cannot prevent from attacking you, to me at least, it's logical to take that target out... I know from personal experience that usually in the west bank, when there is solid intelligence, they use ground personnel to go into a town/village/city and arrest that person... in Gaza it's much trickier, since Israel left the area, there's a fence, and it poses a higher risk to the ground personnel...

As for the British and the IRA, I don't presume to know much about that topic, so I cannot comment on those tactics, but let me ask you this, did the IRA target British civilians on purpose? or did they usually go attack British troops or police?

Also doesn't the US and British army do preemptive strikes on terrorists in Iraq? Let's agree to disagree on this point, because I assume our difference in opinion stems from different life experience...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join