It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* Missile attacks on Gaza school/civilian population by Israeli Military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this is viewable if you don't have a facebook account, however, if it isn't let me know and I'll find it elsewhere.

Facebook Video Link

Unfortunately these are not English subs, but I think the video says a lot more than the words that are being spoken.

The last missile in the video hit a school, as you can see the surviving children being evacuated by adults.

My question is... where are the terrorists here? I see a civilian population getting bombed, not terrorists with guns or rockets. I realize the type of underground warfare that the Palestinian resistance has been forced into, however, randomly bombing civilian area's is just as horrific as the atrocities Israel accuses Palestinians of committing. If not more so.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: Incorrectly dated - had to edit it out. Thanks to the poster that noticed.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

My question is... where are the terrorists here? I see a civilian population getting bombed, not terrorists with guns or rockets.

Ahh but you miss the point, to 'them' there are no civilians, those children would inevitably grow up to be terrorists. This is the mentality that allows this to happen. And we're all antisemites for figuring it out.

I realize the type of underground warfare that the Palestinian resistance has been forced into, however, randomly bombing civilian area's is just as horrific as the atrocities Israel accuses Palestinians of committing. If not more so.

And there you have the answer. How can they justify this? Because of past acts of terror. Why did these people resort to these tactics? because they are fighting an invading army that has no morals when it comes to anything non Jewish.

Which is worse, the displaced person firing a homemade and essentially harmless rocket that injures an innocent? Or the well equipped army that deliberately targets children and hospitals?

If I was in Gaza, I'd be firing rockets too, at that stupid wall.
IF I was in Israel I would REFUSE to shoot at civilians.

While we fight the symptoms and ignore the cause, more children, Israeli and Palestinian, will die.

edit on 18-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Discusting video. However it says Gaza 2009 in the beginning.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Couldn't have said it better myself. Even though casualties of war are terrible and horrific, on both sides, they are inevitable. But what does shooting missiles into Gaza cities accomplish? Are they hoping to kill a few "terrorists", amongst the hundreds that die? And if so, how is that justifiable to the international community?

The MSM is all over the revolution in the middle east, attacking governments for showing force on peaceful protesters...but, look at the revolution thats been happening in Gaza for 60 years? The hundreds of thousands of Palestinians that were killed, and are killed every day. Why is this not taken care of as quickly as the international community went into Libya?

ITS THE SAME THING. A military attacking civilians fighting for a revolution. Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Israeli methods are not acceptable but that's not news. It's been like this for a very long time and it will never change.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

More than likely it was a weapons cache. I'm not Isreali but have been in a similiar situation. Fighting terror is always a messy and disgusting thing, especially when you have to do some serious digging to find out who is attacking you. There are informants on both sides and terrorists rarely wear uniforms. So when you have actionable intel from a vetted source, you do a risk assessment and make a decision. And those decisions always have a consequence.

The IDF conducts PSYOP/IO campaigns to try to minimize civilian casualties through phones calls to cell phones, text messages, leaflets and even loudspeaker and radio broadcasts. To the Hez’bolah and Hamas leadership, these campaigns are just another way to further their propaganda by not evacuating the civilians.

Hez’bolah and Hamas store their weaponry in Mosques, schools and hospitals because they know that when these are targeted, they get big propaganda points by pointing out the inhumanity of it all, when they themselves have set it up. Typical false flag.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

More than likely it was a weapons cache. I'm not Isreali but have been in a similiar situation. Fighting terror is always a messy and disgusting thing, especially when you have to do some serious digging to find out who is attacking you. There are informants on both sides and terrorists rarely wear uniforms. So when you have actionable intel from a vetted source, you do a risk assessment and make a decision. And those decisions always have a consequence.

The IDF conducts PSYOP/IO campaigns to try to minimize civilian casualties through phones calls to cell phones, text messages, leaflets and even loudspeaker and radio broadcasts. To the Hez’bolah and Hamas leadership, these campaigns are just another way to further their propaganda by not evacuating the civilians.

Hez’bolah and Hamas store their weaponry in Mosques, schools and hospitals because they know that when these are targeted, they get big propaganda points by pointing out the inhumanity of it all, when they themselves have set it up. Typical false flag.

What would you have them do? Lay down and let Israel treat them like animals to be slaughtered? They're fighting for their country, and for their revolution against the ruling government. The time for peaceful negotiations has come, gone, and failed time and time again. They have no other option other than to fight the way they do.

You can look at this situation and call them monsters or terrorists, but these "monsters" and "terrorists" were created by Israel.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I would never have them lay down. Just have both sides stop shooting tit for tat and return to the negotiating table until a settlement is reached. One man’s Freedom fighter is another man’s terrorist. I draw the line at wantonly target school buses, Bus stops, Coffee houses, things that have no military value. Often with a Suicide vest. To me, that is terrorism.

Palestine has never been a country; they are at minimum a displaced tribe. But that is old history and has been discussed ad infintitum. I’ve been to the Middle East many times and can tell you that it is a tribal mindset over there, not National. Even the Israelis have exhibited this mentality.

I can also tell you that Islam does seek world wide submission. Quite seventh century of them and I gotta admire their perseverance. Every terp I have known has admitted this to me quite honestly and all of them pray that it is voluntary, but they admit that if it comes to violence to make this happen, they are all for it. (Of course they have also told me that they would never partake in such violence….yea…riiiight)

I just refuse buy it and will resist just as I resist anyone who seeks to bend my mind to their will.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The clip is from the Norwegian movie Tears of Gaza. (Gasas tårer)
The movie has been criticized for being anti-Jew-propaganda because of its artistic clipping, but it's not; it's an anti-war-film focusing on the slaughtering of civilians....

Roughly translated subs:
00:18 When my dad was killed -
00:21 it felt like I lost the whole world
00:31 Life is tough, very tough
00:35 She can not forget.
01:05 Come on!
01:16-I 'm going to pick up clothing for mom
Come on. You can not be here
01:53 They're not human!
01:59-I wish ...
02:13 that I had died with them.
edit on 18-4-2011 by nakiel because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I would never have them lay down. Just have both sides stop shooting tit for tat and return to the negotiating table until a settlement is reached. One man’s Freedom fighter is another man’s terrorist. I draw the line at wantonly target school buses, Bus stops, Coffee houses, things that have no military value. Often with a Suicide vest. To me, that is terrorism.

Palestine has never been a country; they are at minimum a displaced tribe. But that is old history and has been discussed ad infintitum. I’ve been to the Middle East many times and can tell you that it is a tribal mindset over there, not National. Even the Israelis have exhibited this mentality.

I can also tell you that Islam does seek world wide submission. Quite seventh century of them and I gotta admire their perseverance. Every terp I have known has admitted this to me quite honestly and all of them pray that it is voluntary, but they admit that if it comes to violence to make this happen, they are all for it. (Of course they have also told me that they would never partake in such violence….yea…riiiight)

I just refuse buy it and will resist just as I resist anyone who seeks to bend my mind to their will.

I appreciate your opinion. However, as a knowledgeable person who has read the Quran (Although I am not muslim), it does not state to forceful impose Islam on anyone. Infact, it says to invite the world into Islam, and not to force is upon them.

Unfortunately, there are extremeists who interpret the Qu'ran to serve their own agendas, such as Saudi Arabia (most backwards interpretation of the Qu'ran, yet it is considered law for them), and many other groups around the world.

It is these fanatics that grab the most attention unfortunately. You would be surprised to learn the truth that is bended from the Qu'ran to serve certain peoples agendas. You seem like a knowledgable person...you should consider reading the english version. I dont know where to find it, as I read the original, however I'm sure its online somewhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What would you have them do? Lay down and let Israel treat them like animals to be slaughtered? They're fighting for their country, and for their revolution against the ruling government. The time for peaceful negotiations has come, gone, and failed time and time again. They have no other option other than to fight the way they do.

I dont condone the killing of any innocent people............

but if the peopel of palestine dont like it, then why the hell dont they BOOT out Hamas that insist on putting their military facilities BEHIND the meat shields which are the public?

Ill tell you why, because it makes for good propaganda against Israel.........

If you dont like your people getting killed, then dont facilitate Hamas and their tactics

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You can look at this situation and call them monsters or terrorists, but these "monsters" and "terrorists" were created by Israel.

Radical Islam and the idea of an Islamic state was around LONG before Israel............thats an ignorant statement

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Where else would you have them put their only means of defense and retaliation? In the open so they can be bombed? Its not like a regular nation, where they have open military bases. Gaza and West Bank is bombed, at will, by the Israelis. This isn't one country against another. Its a repressed people, who do not want to be lead by their current government, against an oppressive government.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Radical Islam and the idea of an Islamic state was around LONG before Israel............thats an ignorant statement

The ignorant statement is you bringing religion into this. These people are fighting for their country that was invaded, and is now being repressed. It has nothing to do with religion. Ignorance indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You are quite correct concerning extremists. PETA, IRA, ETA, PLO, etc, etc….heck, even DeadHeads, though I think they’re peaceable enough, but still extreme.

I have read the Qur’an, the Bible, the Torah and like any law that mankind has ever enacted, they are all subject to interpretation. I have trouble with anybody saying that their book is G-d’s law. I do believe in G-d, just not a fan of religion. Most things man touches get tainted somehow. After going over my english Qur’an with one of my terps, he told me that the only true Qur’an is written in Arabic, that mine was not faithful to the word.

I’m probably misunderstanding what you are saying, but by your definition, I would be totally within my rights to pick up a gun and defend my property after the courts have decided imminent domain against me for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ya know I have to wonder some times
if things had turned out differently if
the Brits had given Israel to the Palestinians
instead of the Jews.

Would the Jews have acted similarly
to the present day Palestinians ???

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

The ignorant statement is you bringing religion into this. These people are fighting for their country that was invaded, and is now being repressed. It has nothing to do with religion. Ignorance indeed.

REALLY? Then care to explain HAMAS?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

One last thing, if you remember from the Qur'an, Islam is a Ideology not a religion. Religion is only one of the five pillars. Islam is a way of life to it's followers. There are some who subscribe to a sixth pillar, but it is not considered mainstream. Many of those who subscribe to the sixth, consider it to be Jihad, in the offensive violent sense, ie: convert or die, jizya, is not a option.

I have no problem with peaceful Muslims, I know quite few and have fought side by side with them. Also Jews, Wiccans and Christians...probablly a Pagan or two in my years as well. I always look at the person, not his/her religion, color or party affiliation. If they are cool...cool, If not, I deal with them only when I have to.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

TDawg
u sound like an Xe employee.
how close ??

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Nope, 30 years Army, Recently retired. I can finally speak freely about things without worrying about trashing my career. Feels like...freedom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join